Black Team week 2

Options
We are going to go back to basics and weigh everything and LOG it. I know some of us have been going at this for quite sometime and some of us not but we need to remember that our eyes are bigger then we think and that serving size might not really be what it's supposed too.

GOOD LUCK THIS WEEK!!!

Replies

• Vanessa414
    Vanessa414 Posts: 644
    Options
    Great challenge. I haven't been measuring my chicken, I know, bad Vanessa. Question... Do you weigh chicken before or after cooking it?
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    We are going to go back to basics and weigh everything and LOG it. I know some of us have been going at this for quite sometime and some of us not but we need to remember that our eyes are bigger then we think and that serving size might not really be what it's supposed too.

GOOD LUCK THIS WEEK!!!

Great challenge! I am one that likes to guess-ta-mate my portions from time to time.
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Options
    Yay! I know I'll get lost in the sea of posts that going to happen here in a little bit.

Quick, I need a good excuse to get out of work so that I can go home and exercise LOL I only want to take half the day off.....tee hee
  • nwfamilygal
    nwfamilygal Posts: 635
    Options
    great challenge :bigsmile: Might be why I stayed the same and of coarse didn't get all my water in:grumble: So will start measuring again:happy: and getting all my water in :drinker: :drinker:
  • ToniAnn45
    ToniAnn45 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    OK, BLACK TEAM. Let's get with it. Log in every morsel that hits your lips & drink more water.:drinker: I'm saying this as much for myself as anyone else. And with the Memorial Day weekend coming up, it's going to be even more difficult to stay on track.:happy:
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,917 Member
    Options
    Great challenge. And, now I have no excuses for not buying that cheap-o scale I've been eyeing at Wal-Mart!
  • annaliza
    Options
    It is a good challenge. I'm still a newbie so I do this already. Are we supposed to report anything?
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    great challenge, sam. i'm usually all about weighing and measuring everything, but tonight we're going out to eat at a nice restaurant for our anniversary, so the measuring thing is gonna be out the window at least for 1 night.

well, i'm back in the 160's and not happy about it (although there might have been something wrong with the old scale when i saw that lovely 159 :grumble: ) i was losing at a pretty good pace for a few weeks, seems like it's time for a "marla" . hope it doesn't last too long. i'm getting pretty frustrated right about now cause i'm sooo close to 40 lbs (again) and soo close to not being obese. ARGH!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Tag! I'm working on getting back to basics this week anyways so this is a great challenge, Sam! Thank you! :heart:

beth - happy anniversary! try not to let the number get you down. You'll see it again. I think my scale was on the fritz the day I saw my lowest weight, too...but I'll get back down there eventually. You've come so far already!!!

Annaliza - We just kind of come in the thread for support & if you want to talk about the challenge or if you have questions about the challenge, just post them in here! We change the thread every week b/c we have a new challenge every week. HTH!

Kati - I love my cheapo scale from target! It's amazing how far off one can be when measuring cheese. :grumble:
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,917 Member
    Options
    Beans - I have gotten better at measuring with a measuring cup. I have a mini measuring cup from Pampered Chef. It tells me oz, TBS and shows 1/16, 1/8 and 1/4 of a cup. I just ordered another one. Having a scale would be fantastic for meat, etc. Having the measuring cup has been a godsend for salad dressing.
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Dave and I had a scale with the lines that was kind of old. We'd weigh something and it'd give us a number. Then we'd move the food a little and it would give us a completely different number. :huh:

We got a new digital one at Target recently and no matter how many times you move the food around, it doesn't change.

Plus when I make a pb & j (most days for lunch) I now use a tablespoon to make sure I'm accurate with the pb and the j. So I already measure a lot but I'll make sure I don't skip on anything this week!

Yesterday I worked out a lot. (I burnt over 1000 calories! :noway: ) Today I just don't feel like it. Between TOM and allergies, I just want to stuff my face and go to sleep. It's nice outside so I should take Harley for a walk. Blah.
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    thanks sara :flowerforyou: i just let my frustration take over for a minute, i'm better now. well time to make lunch for the monkeys. later black team :heart:
  • krhbutte
    krhbutte Posts: 246
    Options
    Great! I'm all for this!
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Good challenge...definitely need to pay attention to portion size if I plan on maintaining anything.

Looks like you all are having some really great numbers this week, so congrats to you all!
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Cool - I'm in.. need to refocus for a while.

My DDs are singing and playing (clarinet) the star spangled banner for the minor league baseball team tonight - can't wait..:love::love: <-proud mama..

Have a great evening all.

Janie
  • annaliza
    Options
    Did I miss the numbers list that Bohlon puts out or is that posted on another day?
  • sniffles
    sniffles Posts: 295
    Options
    I didn't log at all last week so this will be quite the challenge for me.

I was reading a weight loss book (with strong Christian influence) the other day and I had to share their weight loss strategy.

ONLY eat when you feel hungry but stop the moment you feel full. Never eat until you're stuffed, never eat if you don't feel hunger first.

Basically they feel if you listen your body will tell you when to eat and how much. Even if you only feel hungry once a day...

I have to admit I like the scientific your body needs this much energy to function properly method more. :smile: Science for the win?

All right, so, time to log some calories I guess!
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,752 Member
    Options
    I love the challenge! I have gotten L-A-Z-Y with logging and measuring. A few weeks back I really stuck to it and imagine, I saw a big difference on the scale. I didn't last very long and then the logging lazies kicked in again. Back to logging!
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Did I miss the numbers list that Bohlon puts out or is that posted on another day?

It will be out as soon as I get most everyones weigh ins.
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Cool - I'm in.. need to refocus for a while.

My DDs are singing and playing (clarinet) the star spangled banner for the minor league baseball team tonight - can't wait..:love::love: <-proud mama..

Have a great evening all.

Janie

Awww! Good luck to them!!! How fun!