Black Team week 2

Options

Replies

• renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone! I worked 12 hours today and did pretty good on my calories until later in the evening. My supper was very very bad!! And I'm so wore out that I did not work out. I am getting ready to get in the bed. I haven't had that much sleep or at least I feel that way. The heat at work is really draining me. I guess I need to start coming straight home and start walking outside just so I can get that done. I didn't get to play badminton this evening b/c it had rained today and the yard was muddy. Uugghh!!! I promise to do better tomorrow. I am glad everyone else seems to do good. Most of you anyway. I know there are a few that had a bad day with what they ate. I feel you! And I used to drink beer like a few of you but I don't anymore! Vanessa you are doing awesome so keep it up girl! Marla run like the wind girl! Andrew you will be at 100 pounds gone before you know it. Keep at it!! Hope everyone else is doing good!!
  • Vanessa414
    Vanessa414 Posts: 644
    Options
    Alright everyone Thanks for all the encouragement !

Workout? Done. Shower? Done. Dishes? Done. Toys picked up? Done. Sleeping pills down the hatch? Done. :yawn:

This means it's bed time.

Night all!!!
  • laniirvin
    laniirvin Posts: 94
    Options
    Hey Black Team. Sorry I forgot to send my cw yesterday. I just sent it a few moments ago. I didn't lose any weight but I have gone down one pant size (18 to 16):bigsmile: . I am really struggling right now due to the loss of my mother 3 weeks ago:brokenheart: . I am trying, but sometimes I get so depressed. I am trying to watch what I eat, but sometimes I don't feel like exercising. I will do better though because I have a wonderful team of caring people to encourage me.

Thanks!

I am so sorry about your mother. It will be a very tough time. Just remember all the fun memories. It will help you through. Maybe you can make your weight loss journey in her honor. Good luck, if you ever need to talk just yell.:brokenheart:
  • laniirvin
    laniirvin Posts: 94
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Thanks for all the get well wishes.....I did make it to work, started feeling a little better, so I am going to hit the gym now at 1045pm. Yeah. Maybe it will make me feel even better once I get the endorphins flowing. It is funny how now I can't stay in bed. I felt like crap today staying in bed. I use to stay in bed from 10pm till 3pm the next day, due to laziness and being overweight. I didn't want to do anything. Now I wake up at 9am raring to go. It is amazing what eating right and excersising does for you. Love all my black teamers!!!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    By the way Vanessa, girl you are a work out machine!

And Marla- do you sleep?

I give you guys credit, by this time of night I am done. Stick a fork in me kind of done.

I'm with you...can't wait for this show to be over so I can go to bed!

Bed? Vas is das? That does not compute.

Had a great run...3.3. Clears the head, stills the spirit.

I had to sit down for a minute halfway through the first mile with heart flutters. But, I got them under control and proceeded.

Take more than a couple of whacky heartbeats to keep me down, by golly. :wink:

Heading to work...not on my own computer with my typing shortcuts...which is why I don't sound like myself...I can't freakin' type!!!

Later....
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Hey! You signed up for another 5k! WTG, Marla!!! *hugs*

Shuntae - my day was simply stress eating

Jenni - I did not make it to the park. :grumble: My 3yo got on his new bike & expected me to push him the entire way. I think not.

Leilani - WTG! I hope you had a great gym trip!

Vanessa - Good job with all the exercising yesterday!

Renae - A 12 hour work day is a difficult day for diet & exercise. I hope you don't have to work that much today!

Sam - That's great! I'm so glad that you're training for this. You're gonna knock it outta the park!

Howdy to everyone else. I'm welcoming Friday with open arms. It's been a really tough week over here & I'm glad it is coming to a close. I've been blowing it with this challenge, but have been "eyeing" everything like I have been. I'm hoping to get back on the challenge train by tomorrow. Today is still iffy. :tongue:
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Good morning Black team. It's gunna be a good day, tater.

Lynnie
    who wishes she had woken up with an M&M hidden in her jowl.
  • Thin4payton
    Thin4payton Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Hey! You signed up for another 5k! WTG, Marla!!! *hugs*

Shuntae - my day was simply stress eating

Jenni - I did not make it to the park. :grumble: My 3yo got on his new bike & expected me to push him the entire way. I think not.

Leilani - WTG! I hope you had a great gym trip!

Vanessa - Good job with all the exercising yesterday!

Renae - A 12 hour work day is a difficult day for diet & exercise. I hope you don't have to work that much today!

Sam - That's great! I'm so glad that you're training for this. You're gonna knock it outta the park!

Howdy to everyone else. I'm welcoming Friday with open arms. It's been a really tough week over here & I'm glad it is coming to a close. I've been blowing it with this challenge, but have been "eyeing" everything like I have been. I'm hoping to get back on the challenge train by tomorrow. Today is still iffy. :tongue:

I didn't think I saw you there! I would have done the same thing. it was so nice outside!! I was glad to get out and be active!! I only played the first half of the game (Which doesn't bother me that much!!) My sister in law got to take my place on the field, so I don't mind at all. We won, but I think the score was wrong. The coach said it was 7-3, but I think both teams scored more. Oh well, we won and no one got hurt. Next week is a double header and we may be short players, so I may be playing all of both games!! Talk about burning some calories!!! Can't wait!!
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Yesterday stunk and today stinks....lol. I am layed up in bed sick, running a fever, body aches, and yucks. I am still trying to eat my small meals, just made them smaller; to keep my energy up. Yee haw. Well, I just wanted to stop by and tell everyone good luck! I will get on and off. Leilani

Oh, I so feel for you. I am not yet in bed, but most of the other..

Hang in there.

Sorry Beans, Charles in Charge was after my time - God I am so old..

It is a lovely day here in CT - sunny and in the low 80's - must take the laptop outside to work. Love that wireless...

Janie

Nuh-uh, Janie-- I remember it-- but am I younger than you, by a year-- perhaps that's it. :wink:

I'm older than both of you and I remember it.:laugh:

So, Janie's just more feeble?

Cool.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

probably...

:angry: :angry: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • janiebeth
    Options
    Hey Black Team. Sorry I forgot to send my cw yesterday. I just sent it a few moments ago. I didn't lose any weight but I have gone down one pant size (18 to 16):bigsmile: . I am really struggling right now due to the loss of my mother 3 weeks ago:brokenheart: . I am trying, but sometimes I get so depressed. I am trying to watch what I eat, but sometimes I don't feel like exercising. I will do better though because I have a wonderful team of caring people to encourage me.

Thanks!

Sherry - I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your Mom..

Take care of you right now.. *hugs*
  • janiebeth
    Options
    Good morning all

I have not been doing well with the challenge this week. I am waiting until 9 am to call the doctor. The bad cold has turned into a sinus infection, so will be going to beg for meds. Have not done any workouts, but also have not wanted to eat much of anything - hopefully, it will be a wash.

Planning to go riding this afternoon, though - must be dead or dying to miss riding.

Have a great day all.

Janie
  • leshawnturner
    leshawnturner Posts: 382
    Options
    Good morning folks!!!
    My weight today is 252.0. I'm down .4lb, which SUCKS!!!:angry: I can't seem to get away from 252!!! :noway: :explode: I so wanted to be out of the 250's by Memorial Day and I don't think that's going to happen.:brokenheart: I'm so upset!!!:sick: :sad: I've done great on my water (about 67 oz a day, usually more), but I'm having trouble increasing my cardio because I'm still having BAD BAD feet pain. So I'm only burning like 300 cals a day (maybe). I'm trying to work on my diet more in hopes that that will shake some things up and break this plateau. I'm feeling really REALLY discouraged right now:cry::sad: ... any advice???

LeShawn
  • Vanessa414
    Vanessa414 Posts: 644
    Options
    :yawn: Mornin' all!!!

... I weighed in today... 2 more lbs down. I wasn't going to change my ticker... but then I decided I wanted to. When my weight loss slows down I'll stop weighing 3 times a week and just weigh once otherwise I'll get discouraged, but for now... yay me!!!! 11 lbs down. 9 lbs til' out of the 200's FOREVER!!!

Everyone have a great day! :heart: :heart:
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Morning Black Team!! :drinker: It's FRIDAYYYY!!! And a long weekend - we're going camping. First time this season. I don't expect to post a loss next week :laugh: Sorry guys! But will get some great hiking and fishing in. Have to hike off those s'mores I know I'll eat. :tongue: Probably will check in Monday afternoon/evening. Maybe! Have a great weekend everyone - if I get a chance I'll check back this afternoon.
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Good morning folks!!!
    My weight today is 252.0. I'm down .4lb, which SUCKS!!!:angry: I can't seem to get away from 252!!! :noway: :explode: I so wanted to be out of the 250's by Memorial Day and I don't think that's going to happen.:brokenheart: I'm so upset!!!:sick: :sad: I've done great on my water (about 67 oz a day, usually more), but I'm having trouble increasing my cardio because I'm still having BAD BAD feet pain. So I'm only burning like 300 cals a day (maybe). I'm trying to work on my diet more in hopes that that will shake some things up and break this plateau. I'm feeling really REALLY discouraged right now:cry::sad: ... any advice???

LeShawn

I did not start hard core exercising until about a month ago (that is when I stopped losing "weight" and started losing "inches". Weight loss can be achieved without exercise . , you just have to change the way you eat. What worked for me is:

~6 small meals per day, breakfast being the most calorie heavy. Never let yourself get hungry.
    ~Cut out soda, sweet tee. Drink water or milk. (I've recently become addicted to Sobe black&blueberry stuff. OMG heaven)
    ~NO FAST FOOD
    ~Decrease to NO fatty meats, lean cuts only. (Actually I stopped eating red meat).
    ~Switch from crappy sweets to natural fruit only. Okay and smuckers simply fruit on my pjbs.
    (Yes I miss pastries).
    ~do not guess. Weigh, measure, and no second helpings! Portion control!!!
    ~Do Not cheat. You are only cheating yourself. If you want an indulgence, have it.
  • Marla64
    Options
    Good morning all

I have not been doing well with the challenge this week. I am waiting until 9 am to call the doctor. The bad cold has turned into a sinus infection, so will be going to beg for meds. Have not done any workouts, but also have not wanted to eat much of anything - hopefully, it will be a wash.

Planning to go riding this afternoon, though - must be dead or dying to miss riding.

Have a great day all.

Janie

Tallyho, my good woman--

Feel better-- giddyup, and all that jazz!
  • Marla64
    Options
    Good morning folks!!!

LeShawn

I did not start hard core exercising until about a month ago (that is when I stopped losing "weight" and started losing "inches". Weight loss can be achieved without exercise . , you just have to change the way you eat. What worked for me is:

~6 small meals per day, breakfast being the most calorie heavy. Never let yourself get hungry.
    ~Cut out soda, sweet tee. Drink water or milk. (I've recently become addicted to Sobe black&blueberry stuff. OMG heaven)
    ~NO FAST FOOD
    ~Decrease to NO fatty meats, lean cuts only. (Actually I stopped eating red meat).
    ~Switch from crappy sweets to natural fruit only. Okay and smuckers simply fruit on my pjbs.
    (Yes I miss pastries).
    ~do not guess. Weigh, measure, and no second helpings! Portion control!!!
    ~Do Not cheat. You are only cheating yourself. If you want an indulgence, have it.

Lynnie-- DON'T MOVE-- I think there's a lizard on your boob!

Hope it doesn't bite!

:wink:
  • csnealey
    csnealey Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone:flowerforyou:

Thanks for all of the encouragement you all have given me. I feel better today and I weighed this morning to find that I have lost 1.4 pounds. I know it could have been more if I had pushed more but under the circumstances I think it is great (not to mention being down one pants size:bigsmile: WOOHOO!!:laugh: ).

Vanessa--WTG on the drinking. :flowerforyou: You can do it!!!

LeShawn--Have you taken your measurements? It may be that you are losing inches right now. I have had a couple of plateaus:huh: that lasted about two or three weeks at a time:grumble: :noway: , but I was losing inches:bigsmile: . Just hang in there and you will see results. Don't give up now; you have come to far!!!

To everyone:

I hope you all have a great weekend!!!:flowerforyou:

PS--By the way, I usually weigh in once a week on Friday or Saturday. For the sake of my sanity:huh: :laugh: , I am going to give my current weight then instead of weighing two or three times a week. I can't stand weighing over one time a week. It drives me nuts:noway: :noway: :laugh: :laugh: .
  • csnealey
    csnealey Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    OH BY THE WAY......

I :heart: MY BLACK TEAM!!!!
  • Marla64
    Options
    OH BY THE WAY......

I :heart: MY BLACK TEAM!!!!

A wise woman, indeed-- :wink: