Black Team week 2

Options

Replies

• Vanessa414
    Vanessa414 Posts: 644
    Options
    Does anyone have any good ideas about good snacks, not too high in calories (thinking 100-150) that would be easy to eat at work?

I've got a good routine for my 3 meals a day, but as of right now I'm if I actually make it to 1200, I barely make it and I don't want to stall out. I do get a little hungry between breakfast and lunch and between lunch and dinner.

Any suggestions are appreciated! (P.S. I hate yogurt and any and all nuts. :laugh: )
    I really like the caramel Quaker mini rice cakes. they are 60 calories ( I think) per serving of 7 or 8. They are kind of expensive, but kill the sweet craving without a ton of calories.

I like the chocolate ones too. Can't have them now of coarse but when I can.

Lori(leckel) I'm going until june 21st. I am making this rediculously large princess castle cake for my oldests 3rd birthday party. Party is in july but birthday is in june. I'm making the trial run the week of her birthday so that is when I am eating sweets cause if I make that cake and it turns out I'm EATIN' IT!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Good Idea guys, I'll try those!
  • Vanessa414
    Options
    So I got my work out in today, 475 calories burned. Decided to do just one video since I've now worked out for 7 days straight and the last 3 i've burned more than 800. I want to try to keep mixing it up to do everything I can not to plateau. When i feel comfortable enough with my motivation to actually take a day off without exercise, i'll do that. Right now though, it's still so fresh that i'm afraid to take a day off because I feel like I might get lazy and stop wanting to work out all together.

I must admit that I'm nervous about this week though. With such a large number last week I just am afraid I won't lose this week. That's why I'm trying to make sure I get as many calories in a healthy way as I can.

Hope everyone has a great night!! :heart: :heart:
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm in for the no sweets challenge. I might try to make it until our trip to visit family over the 4th of July at which point I will need to hold on and just maintain if at all possible!

I really had given up much of that junk anyway and wasn't bothered by it. I've been slipping up and indulging a little too much here again though, so I need to regroup and take it back out of my food choices for a while.

I would LOVE to be down 10 pound by the 4th of July, but I'm realistic and not 100% sure it's a feasible number... although it's only a pound and a half a week until then... oh well, I try not to set dates with exact amounts, my body will only do what it will do, no matter how hard I work. What I would like is to be in the 140's, which is only 6 pounds and I think I can do it. I think I can, I think I can... I know I can, I know I can......
  • Vanessa414
    Options
    Ok, I'm in for the no sweets challenge. I might try to make it until our trip to visit family over the 4th of July at which point I will need to hold on and just maintain if at all possible!

I really had given up much of that junk anyway and wasn't bothered by it. I've been slipping up and indulging a little too much here again though, so I need to regroup and take it back out of my food choices for a while.

I would LOVE to be down 10 pound by the 4th of July, but I'm realistic and not 100% sure it's a feasible number... although it's only a pound and a half a week until then... oh well, I try not to set dates with exact amounts, my body will only do what it will do, no matter how hard I work. What I would like is to be in the 140's, which is only 6 pounds and I think I can do it. I think I can, I think I can... I know I can, I know I can......

Yes you can!! Just keep working hard and staying focused and you can TOTALLY do it!!!!!!
  • 72lori
    Options
    Great job everyone! I am not so proud of my 1 pound gain, but hey, whatcha gonna do? I need a swift kick in the rear end to get back on track. I knew the last 2 weeks were off and things were not normal, the problem comes that after 2 weeks of it... it's like the new norm. I've got to do something about that!

Anyway, I can make all the excuses in the world, no use in doing that here, I'm in the presence of friends who understand!

There is the difference right there! You recognize you are off track, and jump back on when it happens.

Your doing great!

Now get your butt back in gear:angry:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Thanks for that by the way! My butt hears you and is listening!
  • 72lori
    Options
    Thanks Vanessa! It's great to have the support of a team. It's so much more fun than going at this alone.
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    So I have to confess

As soon as I was done typing that reply to lori I went into the kitchen to get something to eat cause my tummy was growling. I picked up the almonds and thought hmmm? what can I have with these? I picked out mini marshmellows without realizing that HELLO these are sugar.

I ate 5 of them before I realized that! I failed:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :wink: :wink:

put the rest in a bag for madison to have tomorrow.
  • lynniejones
    lynniejones Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Tag. Sleepy now. 5 am arrives far too soon.
  • krhbutte
    krhbutte Posts: 246
    Options
    Great job everyone! I am not so proud of my 1 pound gain, but hey, whatcha gonna do? I need a swift kick in the rear end to get back on track. I knew the last 2 weeks were off and things were not normal, the problem comes that after 2 weeks of it... it's like the new norm. I've got to do something about that!

Anyway, I can make all the excuses in the world, no use in doing that here, I'm in the presence of friends who understand!

Lori,
    Don't feel bad...life sometimes throws ya a couple curve balls!! You are strong and know what has to be done. Look at all that you have accomplished, not just this one little slip. I bet you will come back next week and blow us all out of the water!!13.gif
  • krhbutte
    Options
    Does anyone have any good ideas about good snacks, not too high in calories (thinking 100-150) that would be easy to eat at work?

I've got a good routine for my 3 meals a day, but as of right now I'm if I actually make it to 1200, I barely make it and I don't want to stall out. I do get a little hungry between breakfast and lunch and between lunch and dinner.

Any suggestions are appreciated! (P.S. I hate yogurt and any and all nuts. :laugh: )

I just picked up a great book!! It's called Hungry Girl 200 under 200 (200 recipes under 200 calories) By Lisa Lillien. It has some great little things in it that sound delish!!! None of them are complicated and they don't need alot of weird items that are hard to find in the grocery store and they all seem pretty quick to make. It has snacks, breakfast items, dinner entrees and desserts, yum! I bought my copy at Walmart for about $14.
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    kristina- i got that book for mother's day...everything looks good AND there's a whole chapter of cupcakes!!:drinker:

anniversary dinner was amazing, went to a really nice restaurant, didn't worry about calories, then headed down to portland for a little beer and karaoke (i'm a karaoke-holic :laugh: ) good night all
  • krhbutte
    Options
    kristina- i got that book for mother's day...everything looks good AND there's a whole chapter of cupcakes!!:drinker:

anniversary dinner was amazing, went to a really nice restaurant, didn't worry about calories, then headed down to portland for a little beer and karaoke (i'm a karaoke-holic :laugh: ) good night all

YUMMY!!!:tongue:
    I'm glad you had a great dinner!!! I've been known to karaoke my little heart out, too!!!:wink:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    I have never been karaoke-ing in my life!...and the general population thanks me for it. :laugh: Glad you had a lovely evening, Beth! :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    So I have to confess

As soon as I was done typing that reply to lori I went into the kitchen to get something to eat cause my tummy was growling. I picked up the almonds and thought hmmm? what can I have with these? I picked out mini marshmellows without realizing that HELLO these are sugar.

I ate 5 of them before I realized that! I failed:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :wink: :wink:

To me this is what the challenges are all about, to help us THINK about certain things.

Youll do better today, Sam:flowerforyou:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Good morning--

Quickie before I resume my typing-- :sick: Springsteen-- blech.

Had a lovely day off yesterday-- 81 degrees, breezy-- sighhh.

Sarah was charming and lovely as the "pro" that each group of golfers had to beat on the particular hole where she was stationed. She makes me proud. She had a lot of fun.

We were assigned a gentleman to be our guide who was a clone physically speaking of my father-- not necessarily a good thing, it was ooky. But he was a lot of fun.

With the exception of a piece of crumb cake at breakfast, 3 chocolate covered strawberries (how can you not??) at dinner and a glass of white zinfandel (oh my-- so yummy) I made very wise choices-- only salad and a piece of chicken breast for dinner, blah, blah, blah--

Couldn't exercise when I got home-- a bit too much drama that I won't go into it. Suffice it to say that whenever I'm let off my chains for a day, despite all the assurances of "I'm happy you're having this time off, I hope you have fun," some irrational, melodramatic action or behavior will occur which lets me know it's all a bunch of BS-- so I stayed busy taking care of kids and got to work--

But, I shall accentuate the positive-- sat with my cutiepie surgeon for dinner. He was the only person there that I knew, with the exception of a foot doctor that I recognized from when I was a young punk bank teller in the mid '80s-- I used to wait on him all the time. He's still as much of an arrogant jerk as he was back then-- :ohwell:

Hope you all have a good day--

Later!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    I'm glad you had so much fun on your day off, Marla! Sorry it ended stinky, though. :frown:
  • Marla64
    Options
    I'm glad you had so much fun on your day off, Marla! Sorry it ended stinky, though. :frown:

wasn't a surprise-- very typical.

Gotta take the good with the bad, right?
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    So I have to confess

To me this is what the challenges are all about, to help us THINK about certain things.

Youll do better today, Sam:flowerforyou:

SOOOooo true! When I did the no-sweet challenge around Thanksgiving, it really made me stop & think about how much junk I was eating every day even though it was "in my calories". You realized it & that's the important part! :flowerforyou:
  • 3babybeans
    Options

Eh. :grumble: You take the good. You take the bad. You take them both and there you have...the facts of life.

:wink:

I just wish you weren't expecting the bad on what should have been your very much deserved day off. *hugs* :heart:
  • Marla64
    Options

Eh. :grumble: You take the good. You take the bad. You take them both and there you have...the facts of life.

:wink:

I just wish you weren't expecting the bad on what should have been your very much deserved day off. *hugs* :heart:

You're sweet-- thanks.:heart: