"Lost 100lbs & found out what the world thinks of fat ppl"

Options

Replies

• morgansmama
    morgansmama Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    It was very well put but I just don't know if I agree with it. I was extremely athletic and in shape when I was in high school and college, but when I got pregnant and gained tons of weight, it was because I didn't value myself enough to make the good decisions that would help me be healthy. My friends still loved me but they recently told me that they hated that I was unhealthy and not taking the time for myself. I DID THIS TO MYSELF. No one else. So why should other people be to blame for the way I feel when others look at me? It makes me livid when "fat" people do the exact same thing that they accuse the "skinny" people of. For example, one of my friends is obese, almost morbidly so, and she always says to my naturally very skinny friend, "EAT A CHEESEBURGER, FOR GOODNESS SAKES." Was that not just the same thing? Let's value ALL people the same instead of just overweight and heavy people. Society will only change when WE ALL CHANGE.
  • chrystee
    chrystee Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    What's even worse is there are people who WANT your weight loss to fail.
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    What's even worse is there are people who WANT your weight loss to fail.
    'It's not enough that I should succeed - others should fail.' - Kevin Chang
  • liroez29
    liroez29 Posts: 221
    Options
    bump
  • kamichel1271
    kamichel1271 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! :smile:
  • saturnine15
    saturnine15 Posts: 140
    Options
    There are so many things I want to say here. But I know what will happen. People will read them the wrong way and it will probably turn into an arguement.

I have have my own weight issues which I am currently working on. I am married for more than 20 years with 3 teenaged sons. I am losing weight for me and my family.

Let's put personalities, money, fame and fortune aside here for a minute and ask ourselves a few questions.

Purely from a looks prespective.
    Men: Who are you more atracted to? RoseAnn Barr type or Cindy Crawford type?
    Women: Who would you rather look like? RaseAnn Barr or Cindy Crawford?
    Women: Who are you more atracted to? John Goodman type or George Clooney type?
    Men; Who would you rather look like? John Goodman type or George Clooney type?

We all know the answers that 99 percent of society would give.

Let's face it, blame society or whatever you want, but WE all want to be that good looking, well dressed, confident, head turner.

And for the record, I was in LOVE with Anna Nicole Smith when she was the PLUS sized model for Guess jeans.

AGREED!

Well said.
  • Pixiecatlulu
    Pixiecatlulu Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You have a brilliant gift with words! Congrats!
  • linguist98
    Options
    wow...i think i love you! ;)

you hit the nail on the head...youve inspired me to reach out more
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    what a great read
  • shoosh413
    shoosh413 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Love it! Thanks for sharing this.
  • Toxictwist
    Toxictwist Posts: 274
    Options
    Thanks for sharing :)
  • HeatherMarie1174
    Options
    Thank you for sharing!!! What a great read!
  • hazev74
    hazev74 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    thanks for posting this article! great read!
  • openskybeach
    openskybeach Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Great. So true. Thought about all she said in my lifetime. So stupid that a layer of fat should affect how others treat you ever. It's sickening. I can understand not being attracted even, but to ridicule and do so many of the things this lady talked about. Crazy. Good article.
  • shutterbug282
    shutterbug282 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing that, people can be so cruel.
  • BlackStarlight
    BlackStarlight Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    That was an amazing read thanks for sharing x
  • aims78
    aims78 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing that article, it was great!
  • walkner88
    walkner88 Posts: 165
    Options
    Is this really a surprise to people who lose a lot of weight? Even when I gained weight after my knee surgery, I just told myself how disgusting I was until I got into shape. There can't be people out there who don't think this way. You may say let's not judge by the outside, but it shows more than just the outside. It shows a lack of foresight, a lack of determination, and a lack of self respect. When people lose weight they aren't treated better just for being thinner but for the desirable personality traits it shows.
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    “And I was hilarious, *****y and sexually brash, defense mechanisms mastered by fat women and gay men everywhere.” and “when men who enjoy sleeping with you over and over again fail to want to date you” really hit home for me. I mean REALLY hit home. It’s hard to see that written down like it was sucked out of the secret hiding place in your brain and put on display for all to see. I thank the moon and the stars that my husband met and married me when I was heavy, still thought I was sexy at my heaviest, and is now feeling like a kid in a candy story now that I’m 73 lbs down and only 27 from goal.

I agree with the writer’s outrage at having to conform to an often impossible standard in order to achieve a modicum of success and respect in this gods forsaken society. Above all, I agree with her desire to want to stay fat on the inside, to never forget, to never look down on another, to never be the reason someone else cries.
  • amara71998
    amara71998 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    This reminds me of the short story I read in an English class, I'm not sure which one. It was entitled "The Fat Girl." If you haven't read it, I definitely recommend it! Great article, thank you for sharing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!