Steroids and Dating and Attraction

Options

Replies

• auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    Have you seen "Natural" Body Builders? They look fabulous! I would much rather see a man who does natural body building than that unnatural, vein popping, ..... eugh... gross. XP
    laynenorton.jpg Natural bodybuilders have popping veins too. Just sayin'.

A.C.E. Certified Personal & Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

I actually think he looks great and have serious respect for anyone with that level of dedication to their craft or sport. I think he looks way better than this guy:

body_builder_2sfw.gif

Yes, I know guys who juice still have to work hard at it, but I just think the natural bodybuilders look better.

I feel that this level of body building defeats the purpose of being healthy.
    The is a difference between your body serving you to live a great life, to support your endeavors and be strong and capable.
    And being a slave to you body. I expect these men are not only slaves to their physic, but so bulked up it prevents them from accomplishing daily activities.

Can sit cross-legged on the floor and play with your kids, I expect muscles that big get in the way as much as that much fat would. Our bodies are our vehicles to get through live... there are no trade ins.
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    when I take dhea, arginine, and lysine together I feel like I'm on some kind of steroids, although I never have been.

*facepalm*

I bet you read that in a Muscletech ad?
    no, it was done with empirical research.

First off, I'm a police officer and if not for the illegality of steroids, I'd use a cycle or two during the year.

this actually deserves a *facepalm*. Just what we'd need, a police officer with roid rage.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Have you seen "Natural" Body Builders? They look fabulous! I would much rather see a man who does natural body building than that unnatural, vein popping, ..... eugh... gross. XP
    laynenorton.jpg Natural bodybuilders have popping veins too. Just sayin'.

IDEA Fitness member

I actually think he looks great and have serious respect for anyone with that level of dedication to their craft or sport. I think he looks way better than this guy:

body_builder_2sfw.gif

Yes, I know guys who juice still have to work hard at it, but I just think the natural bodybuilders look better.

I feel that this level of body building defeats the purpose of being healthy.
    The is a difference between your body serving you to live a great life, to support your endeavors and be strong and capable.
    And being a slave to you body. I expect these men are not only slaves to their physic, but so bulked up it prevents them from accomplishing daily activities.

Can sit cross-legged on the floor and play with your kids, I expect muscles that big get in the way as much as that much fat would. Our bodies are our vehicles to get through live... there are no trade ins.

The second is a photoshop (as previously stated)/ Also, bodybuilders aren't carb depleted and dehydrated 24/7 like they are to prepare for their competitions.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options

The second is a photoshop (as previously stated)/ Also, bodybuilders aren't carb depleted and dehydrated 24/7 like they are to prepare for their competitions.
    '

This. most of them walk around 20 pounds or more over their contest weight.
    they just cut down right before comps.
  • thefuzz1290
    thefuzz1290 Posts: 777 Member
    Options

First off, I'm a police officer and if not for the illegality of steroids, I'd use a cycle or two during the year.

this actually deserves a *facepalm*. Just what we'd need, a police officer with roid rage.

Ignorance again. Roid rage doesn't exist.

Steroids are like alcohol, if you're an a-hole before steroids, you're a bigger a-hole on them. If you're a naturally aggressive person, you will feel more aggressive, but steroids don't make you lose your inhibitions like alcohol or other drugs. In fact, we can make another comparison between alcohol and steroids to make it relevant to the topic.

Ladies, do you date men who drink alcohol? Alcohol has actually proven to be beneficial health wise when taken in moderation, so have steroids. Alcohol has been proven to be deadly when abused, steroids have negative effects, but haven't been proven to be deadly. Alcohol causes more deaths than any other drug, zero deaths have been caused due to steroid use. Besides the legality of the substance, I don't see a difference.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    Lol, most females who have husbands in their late 30's and up should want their husbands with low libido to take some testosterone............................................if you ain't getting any, this is definitely one of the reasons why.

IDEA Fitness member
  • thefuzz1290
    Options
    Lol, most females who have husbands in their late 30's and up should want their husbands with low libido to take some testosterone............................................if you ain't getting any, this is definitely one of the reasons why.

IDEA Fitness member

And its shown women benefit from a touch of testosterone as well :P.
  • gdunn55
    gdunn55 Posts: 363
    Options
    I can't bring myself to do roids. I'm still overweight and have yet to see what an ab on me looks like. Besides I want to be able to wipe my @$$.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I can't bring myself to do roids. I'm still overweight and have yet to see what an ab on me looks like. Besides I want to be able to wipe my @$$.
    Lol, why is it that so many think that people on roids are nothing but muslcehead behemoth's? Bet that many don't know that many track and field, NFL, and other pro sports competitors have quite a few athletes juicing. They just haven't been caught yet.

IDEA Fitness member
  • thefuzz1290
    Options
    Lol, why is it that so many think that people on roids are nothing but muslcehead behemoth's? Bet that many don't know that many track and field, NFL, and other pro sports competitors have quite a few athletes juicing. They just haven't been caught yet.

IDEA Fitness member

I'd argue at least 50% are using HGH or a form of steroids at the pro level, 75% or more at the college and amateur level, and a lot more than you would expect at the high school level. But you're right, they just haven't been caught yet since testing always comes after
  • ilovedeadlifts
    Options
    Agreed with ninerbuff.

Most pro athletes have or are taking steroids.

They aren't a magic pill. You can't take them and then be huge in 6 weeks. People have such an elementary understanding of anabolic steroids. It's sad.
  • ninerbuff
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

I'd argue at least 50% are using HGH or a form of steroids at the pro level, 75% or more at the college and amateur level, and a lot more than you would expect at the high school level. But you're right, they just haven't been caught yet since testing always comes after
    No argument from me. If people think that steroids are totally out of baseball, then they don't know much about drug use in pro sports.
    What's totally ironic is that the politicians and government are focusing on the wrong people. They keep trying to catch a pro athlete and have them convicted (not one yet has been convicted) spending millions in the process (think Barry Bonds here) and yet pro and amateur bodybuilders are somehow still able to have access to them. Just goes to show it was a political agenda more than an agenda to make it "safer" for us.
    Now I'm NOT against anyone wanting to use steroids. IMO, I think the government has much more effective ways to utilize taxpayer money then trying to chase down people who want to use steroids to enhance their physiques (go figure since plastic surgery is basically the same thing).
    It would surprise many to know that the FDA and AMA were against illegalizing them since there really wasn't any evidence to show that use (not abuse) contributed to many of the claims that were being made against them.

IDEA Fitness member
  • gdunn55
    Options
    Agreed with ninerbuff.

They aren't a magic pill. You can't take them and then be huge in 6 weeks. People have such an elementary understanding of anabolic steroids. It's sad.
    I agree, I know nothing of how they work or how to properly use them. Probablly why I've never dipped my toes into the steroid pool.

As far as the muscle head comment, I stereotyped.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Agreed with ninerbuff.

I agree, I know nothing of how they work or how to properly use them. Probablly why I've never dipped my toes into the steroid pool.

As far as the muscle head comment, I stereotyped.
    Takes a man to own up. Much respect.

IMO, if someone takes them why should I care? Like plastic surgery, it's a personal preference. Like all drugs, if abused or used incorrectly, there will probably be bad consequences.

IDEA Fitness member
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Hey isn't that Zyzz or whatever from bodybuilding.com in the pictures? LOL

I know a guy who used to do steroids, kinda small when he started now he looks pretty good. I don't think he did many rounds though. I don't think I could date someone who is actively doing them, because I heard what it does down below (LOL) but if he did it in the past, I could accept it.

I don't like the huge look though in general, I prefer the Hugh Jackman ripped look. The healthy look.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    Options
    Hey isn't that Zyzz or whatever from bodybuilding.com in the pictures? LOL

I know a guy who used to do steroids, kinda small when he started now he looks pretty good. I don't think he did many rounds though. I don't think I could date someone who is actively doing them, because I heard what it does down below (LOL) but if he did it in the past, I could accept it.

Yep I saw a pic of zyzz somewhere in here. (RIP)

It's personal preference. A lot of people are stupid about it and do them with little to no knowledge, and thats what gives them a bad name. If people were smart about it, there wouldn't be such negative feelings towrads them.
  • gdunn55
    Options
    I guess that from the bad press is why I've never been for them.

Are the benefits from juicing really worth it? Could you still achieve the same results without the use of steroids or do they give you that extra edge to train harder?
  • ninerbuff
    Options

Are the benefits from juicing really worth it? Could you still achieve the same results without the use of steroids or do they give you that extra edge to train harder?
    Steroids enhance, but overall it's more about correct training, dedication and correct nutrition. Anyone can juice, not everyone can be disciplined to do what it takes to get there.

IDEA Fitness member
  • ladykate7
    ladykate7 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    A dude using wouldn't deter me from dating/marrying them, with the exception that they weren't going to use for the rest of their life. And using anything can be a deal-breaker for a relationship if it starts to get in the way of relationship.

I'm also not attracted to men who are focused on getting extremely ripped. An ultra-chiseled less than 10% body fat is not attractive to me. And the effort to maintain that would dig into the time and energy I expect a significant other to spend with me, instead of the gym and his workout buddies.
  • gdunn55
    Options

Steroids enhance, but overall it's more about correct training, dedication and correct nutrition. Anyone can juice, not everyone can be disciplined to do what it takes to get there.

IDEA Fitness member
    But could you still achieve the same results naturally?

I know Bodybuilders use them to get bigger, but why would a person who doesn't body build or compete in some type of competition want to supplement them?