Have you met any MFP friends in REAL LIFE?

Options

Replies

• fanceegirl75
    fanceegirl75 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Yes. Love MFP. It has really been a great experience. One Pal and I work out at least a couple times a week together. When we first became friends on this site we didn't even realize we were in the same city. Happened to take the same class one night at th gym and its been on ever since. We'll remain life time friends. Later this week I'm meeting a "MFP Crush". Excited to see how that goes. :wink:
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I need to ammend my answer. I know a couple of my friends IRL
  • cherigurl
    cherigurl Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Sadly, no I have not met any of my MFP friends, but there are a few I would love to.. I have my cousin on my friends and I see her a lot and an old frinebd who introduced me to this site, but others I would love to meet up with.
  • chrissym78
    chrissym78 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    YES!! and I have made wonderful friends. I love meeting them. Hoping to go to Atlanta to meet some more this summer :)
  • BigCed77024
    BigCed77024 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Yes. Love MFP. It has really been a great experience. One Pal and I work out at least a couple times a week together. When we first became friends on this site we didn't even realize we were in the same city. Happened to take the same class one night at th gym and its been on ever since. We'll remain life time friends. Later this week I'm meeting a "MFP Crush". Excited to see how that goes. :wink:

I hung out with Pammie Girl and Ladyslmn and had a blast a couple weeks back.

This week I am meeting a sweet king girl who hopefully is the same in person as she is on the phone during out amazingly wonderful conversations. Good luck with that guy. He's pretty sexy from all the pics I've seen. Very, very, very, very SEXY... And he knows it!
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    ive met my lovely MFP friend Sarah who lives in the next town to me, happy to say she is now a real life friend :-) i wish more of my MFP friends lived nearby, it would be nice to meet everyone i talk to on here in real life!
  • la8dcruz
    la8dcruz Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    No..... Haven't met any of them BUT I check on them as much as I can on their profile!
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Not yet, but I'd be totally open to it.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I've met two, the one who introduced me to this site (she no longer uses it :ohwell: ) and the outstanding and amazing CoryIda, who is much more beautiful and incredible in the 'real world' than she can ever justify with photos here. :bigsmile:

I would love to meet more!
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    yep. she was awesome. Tameko2...she'd be a great friend IRL if we lived closer. We plan to meet up regularly actually when I'm in town! :)
  • Vegan_Chick
    Vegan_Chick Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Yep one awesome chik a few weeks ago! go MFP pals!!
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    yeah one MCKAY!!!!!!!
  • Fit_and_Healthy
    Options
    I have met many MFPs, they have not met me. It's amazing how much of a great time one can have watching from the bushes.....hmmm....perhaps I have said to much.....you will remember nothing....
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    I have now met 4 mfp'ers in real life.
    One of them I went on vacation with (platonically) out of the country.
    One I spent a few great hours with.
    Another I had dinner with and met his lovely wife and son.

Then there is the one I met in person who is really special to my heart. :smooched:

ETA: there are 3 on my FL who I knew in person before they were my mfpeeps.
  • chatipati1
    chatipati1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Yes, we all belong to the same "group" from our city and met for dinner :)
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I wish! I have a feeling I would really hit it off with the girls on my friends list! :) Maybe someday!
  • chaniray
    chaniray Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    nope
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Yes, we all belong to the same "group" from our city and met for dinner :)

And we need to do it again, right Pati?

Also I'll be meeting a few in May at the Warrior Dash.
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I've met one local bud (Chuck) but I'll probably meet a handful at a NYC get together in May (if I still go), and then a few more in June when I'm in DC.

I've met a lot of people IRL I met on the internet...fun times. Hell...I technically met my husband online.
  • justET
    justET Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Yep, and I look forward to meeting more :)