Are Fit women the most hated group in America?

Options
Ripken818836701
Ripken818836701 Posts: 607 Member
Each any everyday on facebook I see things like the pics below asking others to pick which girl they find more attractive or healthy, happy etc. And each and every time everyone picks the heavier women and some ( always women) even go as far as calling the fit women, malnurished, sickly looking, even anorexic.
I also see on a pretty regular basis women post sayings like"" I would rather be fat and have a big heart than be skinny and shallow"" And again everyone clicks the like button or post comments about how great it is to be fat and make rude comments about "skinny" (their words) women.
Then there are the fairy tales (cute made up stories etc.) for example: The fat women that walks into the gym and see's a huge sign on wall that says "" Do You Want To Be A Whale Or A Mermaid???"""" Then the fictitious women tells herself all the great reasons why it is so much better to be a whale and all the negative reasons why not to be a mermaid. And again, everyone clicks the like button or posts comments about how great it is to be a whale, aswell as the rude comments towards mermaids.
So today after viewing the pic. below and reading the rude comments about the skinny girl in the pic. I posted that I am more attracted to the "fit" women by far just to see the response. And boy did I get a response!! Women saying how offended they were that I called the girl on the right "fit" My reply to them was """ well, it is what it is!! The girl on the right is fit!! I then asked ""so its ok for the numerous people that posted things like malnurished, stick fiqure, anorexic etc. to decscribe the girl on the right but when I call her "fit" which she is!! Everyone gets offended?? How comes no one was offended by calling the the girl on the right all those names? No one answered.

(Moderator comment - picture removed due to guideline violation, watch the language please. CC)

Replies

• Karrix
    Karrix Posts: 288
    Options
    It's just jealousy. Some would rather complain instead of taking the time to improve there bodies. We live in a world that is used to larger portions. I will keep pushing myself to stay healthy & fit.
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, but IMHO, I'll take the lady on the left every time. Now personality does play a huge role, but given they have similar personalities, lady on the left is what I'm about. I'd have said this 280lbs ago & would say it again in another 100lbs. My size has nothing to do with my opinion, just putting that out there. Now if you prefer lady on the right, I say go for it! Just not my cup of tea.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    *shrug* The girl on the right really isn't attractive to me. I won't say she's too skinny and get slammed but I do prefer more curves on a woman. To each their own. Hating is hating, whether it's directed at thin or fat. We women really can't win.
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Why do people automatically assume someone is jealous if they don't happen to want to aspire to be a certain body type.
    Either way ... slim, curvy, muscular.

Who gives a *kitten*?
  • Gary1977
    Options
    Why do people automatically assume someone is jealous if they don't happen to want to aspire to be a certain body type.

Who gives a *kitten*?

Winner, Winner, Chicken dinner!!!:drinker: :laugh:
  • Anomalia
    Anomalia Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    According to a lot of threads on this site alone my body is disgusting. I don't know why people say it and I don't care, they are ****ing stupid. I choose mermaid over whale any day.
  • DAM_Fine
    DAM_Fine Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Those are poor examples. The one on the left is heavier than current preferences, but by no means obese. The one on the right is thinner than current preferences, but does not look unhealthy. But I do agree with you in that people feel it is fine to insult women they find too thin. If you can't demean people who are overweight, the same rule should apply to those you consider underweight. To do any different is to be hypocritical.
  • amymrls
    amymrls Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    The reason there are so many kinds of people on this earth is because many people are attracted to many different thing. Some people like thin some people like fat some people like curvy some people like more straight figures. It doesn't mean any of them are wrong. It is just what attracts people to one another. Who cares really?

Body shape is not what makes a person beautiful.
  • Ripken818836701
    Ripken818836701 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    *shrug* The girl on the right really isn't attractive to me. I won't say she's too skinny and get slammed but I do prefer more curves on a woman. To each their own. Hating is hating, whether it's directed at thin or fat. We women really can't win.
    I agree I prefer a women that is in the middle of the 2 examples, My entire point of this thread is that it seems perfectly fine these days to bash women who are fit or skinny. Or to claim that fat women have big hearts and skinny women are shallow. Or to make up fairy tales about how great it is to be a whale ( I was one not too many months ago, and it aint what its cracked up to be!!) and how terrible it is to be a mermaid.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options

Who gives a *kitten*?

I don't think its so much about what look someone prefers, everyone has personal tastes. And yes personally I prefer the one on the right, however OP is more talking about how its ok to be completely nasty to skinny women, but its not to be nasty to larger women, and sometimes it goes so far that just showing the preference for the skinny woman who is being ripped on is considered an insult to the larger.

I have seen it, and it is ridiculous, its not just America either.
  • Karrix
    Karrix Posts: 288
    Options
    I also believe that many body types are beautiful, and curves also look great (Marilyn is a stunner!). However, with this particular thread, I notice these trends on FB & most of the negative comments are from those who don't live a healthy lifestyle.
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    No, apparently it's Republican women that are the most hated but IMO it doesn't matter who you are, you can't please everyone and someone and usually many are going to dislike you or your opinions so go with the flow and stand your ground as long as you believe.
  • Gary1977
    Options
    According to a lot of threads on this site alone my body is disgusting. I don't know why people say it and I don't care, they are ****ing stupid. I choose mermaid over whale any day.

If you love your body, that is all that should matter. I think others shouldn't be harsh to you for your choice of body type, but by calling people whales for choosing to be more curvy makes you a bit of a hypocrit does it not?
  • sun33082
    sun33082 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Women hate women. Or women hate themselves. Women have issues and always will :)
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    While the one on the right is obviously fit and attractive, the one on the left is Marilyn Monroe. And that's all I need to say,IMHO
  • kimmydear
    kimmydear Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I did not see the hateful comments you are talking about, but with all due respect and not knowing this lady on the right and what her personal experiences are, it's alarming to a lot of us who have battled eating disorders. I think that's why that level of thin is thought of as unhealthy. Now maybe she is truly fit and it's a shame a lot of us jump to conclusions, but having been that thin myself once and knowing how hungry and tired I was all the time, I would not wish to see someone else do it just because they feel society approves. I have a different perspective than you.
  • Erinslove
    Erinslove Posts: 139
    Options
    no
  • cindy4mica
    cindy4mica Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Honestly, the girl on the right doesn't look "fit" to me - she looks more like she just skipped a meal or 30. Now, if you put someone like this next to Marilyn's picture, then I'd definitely say it's jealousy talking.

Sofia-Vergara-Shape-Magazine-March-2011.jpg
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    I am attracted to "fit" men and "fit" women.

Give me a lover who can support their weight. Give me a lover who can support my weight. Give me a lover who has stamina from cardio and muscle from strength training. Give me a lover who is firm beneath my touch.

When I am called "skinny", I get pissy. The connotation is that I am stuck up, shallow, unintelligent, sick, or whatever.

As a young girl, my mom was big, but she has a big heart and a spine of metal for the most part. Growing up, I wanted to be nice so I would be liked and smart so I would be respected. None of that has to do with looks or physique.
  • lizzy00125
    lizzy00125 Posts: 138
    Options
    It is whatever you like. The only problem I have with the comment is using the word "fit". To me a fit person is someone who is in shape, has great health, and actually works for it via working out and eating well. That is not apparent for me in this picture. Skinny does not = Fit. It just means she is skinny. Personally, I wouldn't want either. I would like to be something in the middle which I think I am at now.