Are Fit women the most hated group in America?

Options

Replies

• Danardeener
    Danardeener Posts: 255
    Options
    I wouldn't necessarily call the woman on the right "fit", I would say skinny. I guess "fit" or "curvy" would be in the eye of the beholder.
  • Ripken818836701
    Ripken818836701 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    The reason there are so many kinds of people on this earth is because many people are attracted to many different thing. Some people like thin some people like fat some people like curvy some people like more straight figures. It doesn't mean any of them are wrong. It is just what attracts people tp pne another. Who cares really?

Body shape is not what makes a person beautiful.
    I agree 100% but the purpose of these posts etc. are not to suggest that heavier women are attractive aswell. There made just to bash thin women etc. There is nothing wrong with pointing out how great larger women are etc., but there is no need to bash women with a body type different from theirs to make themselves feel better at the same time.
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Just because a person is slim does not mean they are 'fit'.

p.s. I am not offended by you calling the woman fit. I am also not jealous because I'm not 'fit'.

I think it's rude to rate people whatever their body size and shape.
    It's also my opinion that it's futile to compare ourselves to others.

We're all unique little snowflakes. :flowerforyou:
  • Anomalia
    Anomalia Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    According to a lot of threads on this site alone my body is disgusting. I don't know why people say it and I don't care, they are ****ing stupid. I choose mermaid over whale any day.

If you love your body, that is all that should matter. I think others shouldn't be harsh to you for your choice of body type, but by calling people whales for choosing to be more curvy makes you a bit of a hypocrit does it not?

I was not calling people whales for choosing to be more "curvy", I was simply going along with the metaphor. I do not think that heavier women are actually whales nor do I think that smaller women are actually mermaids. We are all humans.
  • jaydubbayu
    jaydubbayu Posts: 456
    Options
    I prefer some meat on their bones... Just what I want. Like the one person said... women hate women. IMO, this is all about being HEALTHY!!! What woke me up about fitness was the fact that I'm not as healthy as I used to be! Looking good, a great body, that's all a side effect. Theres an important thing to remember: You can't rely on anybody but yourself. That's pretty much the golden rule when it comes to this stuff!
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    According to a lot of threads on this site alone my body is disgusting.

Same. Everyone has their own preference. It doesn't mean that people outside that preferred body type are "gross."

*edited for typo
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    *shrug* The girl on the right really isn't attractive to me. I won't say she's too skinny and get slammed but I do prefer more curves on a woman. To each their own. Hating is hating, whether it's directed at thin or fat. We women really can't win.
    I agree I prefer a women that is in the middle of the 2 examples, My entire point of this thread is that it seems perfectly fine these days to bash women who are fit or skinny. Or to claim that fat women have big hearts and skinny women are shallow. Or to make up fairy tales about how great it is to be a whale ( I was one not too many months ago, and it aint what its cracked up to be!!) and how terrible it is to be a mermaid.

I guess I don't have those kinds of friends, because I have honestly never seen anything like that on my Facebook. In the end, putting someone else down to make yourself feel better is never right.
  • Ripken818836701
    Ripken818836701 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't necessarily call the woman on the right "fit", I would say skinny. I guess "fit" or "curvy" would be in the eye of the beholder.
    I called her fit to see the reaction I would get for saying something positive about the girl on the right.
  • amymrls
    amymrls Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    The reason there are so many kinds of people on this earth is because many people are attracted to many different thing. Some people like thin some people like fat some people like curvy some people like more straight figures. It doesn't mean any of them are wrong. It is just what attracts people tp pne another. Who cares really?

Body shape is not what makes a person beautiful.
    I agree 100% but the purpose of these posts etc. are not to suggest that heavier women are attractive aswell. There made just to bash thin women etc. There is nothing wrong with pointing out how great larger women are etc., but their is no need to bash women with a body type different from theirs to make themselves feel better at the same time.

Most women in general tend to be jealous. They hate themselves, they hate each other and they are never happy with what they have. If they would spend a little more time loving on themselves and each other this world would be a different place.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Those are poor examples. The one on the left is heavier than current preferences, but by no means obese. The one on the right is thinner than current preferences, but does not look unhealthy. But I do agree with you in that people feel it is fine to insult women they find too thin. If you can't demean people who are overweight, the same rule should apply to those you consider underweight. To do any different is to be hypocritical.
    Yes. I agree that it is hypocritical.
    And what's with all the comparisons of what is better, anyway? Using these examples, to me, it's like comparing apples and oranges! Each are beautiful in their own way. I aspire to look like neither of them--I aspire to look like MY fittest. I wish more women would stop comparing ourselves to other women...there would be less bashing and more encouraging.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I think you're setting yourself up for failure by pairing those two together. If the woman on the right was say, Jessica Biel ... you'd get a different response. The girl in the picture looks underweight, not "fit". When I think fit, I think healthy body weight, and sculpted muscles, a la Jessica Biel, Jennifer Aniston, Cameron Diaz, Angelina Jolie (in her prime).

I don't hate the girl on the right, nor do I find her less attractive because I'm jealous. I prefer Marilyn to her because she look shapely and womanly. If you'd picked a girl who is CURVY and in shape (Kim Kardashian?) vs. Marilyn, you would get a completely different response, because then it would be more about body weight, than extreme opposites.
  • twinlaced
    twinlaced Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I saw this picture posted by someone on face book in my friends and all the comments were referring to her as anorexic and it pissed me off so much. The woman is very fit looking. I hate how every time someone sees a fit girl she's instantly got an eating disorder. Just stop skinny shaming. It's as bad as making fun of fat people.

They're also not fairly pictured. If the skinny girl was keira knightley, opinions might be pretty different. :p
  • budhandy
    budhandy Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I just think bashing big or smaller people should just go away. From my personal experince I have a lot of smaller people tear me down
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    According to a lot of threads on this site alone my body is disgusting. I don't know why people say it and I don't care, they are ****ing stupid. I choose mermaid over whale any day.

If you love your body, that is all that should matter. I think others shouldn't be harsh to you for your choice of body type, but by calling people whales for choosing to be more curvy makes you a bit of a hypocrit does it not?

I was not calling people whales for choosing to be more "curvy", I was simply going along with the metaphor. I do not think that heavier women are actually whales nor do I think that smaller women are actually mermaids. We are all humans.

Well said!:flowerforyou:
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Soooooo many people here missing the point. :noway:
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I don't really care. As long as the fit women don't make fun of me for not being fit while I'm trying to change my life I have no problem with them. I've had more fit people since I became overweight make my life a living hell for trying to lose weight and daring to go to their gym than I can count.
  • amymrls
    amymrls Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    And honestly I would have to say, especially being there once. Fat women are hated on more than fit women. People get defensive when they have been hurt and mistreated.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Personally I like women to be a little thicker, the woman on the right is too thin for me. So Marilyn and a Fitness model like:
    jnl-become-a-fitness-model-program.jpg

are superior to the girl on the right in my book.

But ideally, I prefer a look more like:
    146_1333-thatiana1.jpg

She looks really fit in my book and not too small. I like fit and thick or curvy and thick or lean and muscular over thin and curvy or thin or thin with small muscles.
  • shanahan_09
    shanahan_09 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, some women love to bash other women regardless of their personality, characteristics etc...they just love to dig down and find something about the others' appearance to make themselves feel better--really, what else can it be to degrade someone for how they look? I seriously don't get it!
    I just say grow the F up and look at someone for who they are, not what they look like. And yes, appearance is one of the major components when meeting someone for the first time, blah blah blah, and for the opposite sex appearance can be the top importance...but really, it's all in the eye of the beholder. One vision doesn't fit all.
  • entropy83
    entropy83 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Why is it that women are the only ones who sit around and discuss other women's bodies in such negative ways? A person's opinion about your body is all about attraction which is simply a gauge of whether they would **** you or not. I could care less as long as when I look in the mirror I want to **** myself.