Are Fit women the most hated group in America?

Options

Replies

• SurfinBird1981
    SurfinBird1981 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    We can also add this whole discussion to the list of reasons I am glad I am a guy. :)

I'll second that!

Im just glad that I dont give a *kitten* about famous people/people that I dont know and the negative comments that they might say :)
  • Ripken818836701
    Ripken818836701 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I had to laugh the other day. Most of my family (immediate and extended) are overweight. They post pictures of themselves on FB in shorts sitting outside, in bathing suits sitting by a pool - no problem. I posted the same pic I'm using as my profile pic here on FB, with a comment saying "Finally got to the weight I want to be, so I bought a bikini!" and within minutes received 16 comments about "You're looking too skinny", "Is that a good kind of picture to post on FB?", "You eating enough?". Out of those 16, there were only two that said "Auntie - wow you look fantastic!" and one from a guy cousin who's a bit of a joker saying "Who are you and what did you do with my cousin? Rawr!!!!!" Oh yes, and one cousin said she thought I photoshopped it. LMAO

So apparently when I looked like them, I was perfect, but now that I'm at a perfectly acceptable weight for my height, I'm too skinny and possibly anorexic (because I'm exercising, you see - anorexics always exercise too much}.
    Next time you post pics of your beautiful self on FB. you can post this after anyone dare's to make a negative comment,:flowerforyou:

zzzzziiv.jpg
  • SaraSweetheart
    SaraSweetheart Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I would definitely agree with you! Good man!
  • fatcellsuck
    fatcellsuck Posts: 184
    Options
    No, they arent the most hated group in America.
  • kanonxbou47
    kanonxbou47 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    So you like her. I think Marilyn Monroe is hot. Why is that such a problem?
  • Lab2809
    Lab2809 Posts: 58
    Options

I think that pretty much sums it up. LOL.
  • Priincess_Natalie
    Priincess_Natalie Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    So you like her. I think Marilyn Monroe is hot. Why is that such a problem?

You missed the point.
  • DAM_Fine
    DAM_Fine Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I had to laugh the other day. Most of my family (immediate and extended) are overweight. They post pictures of themselves on FB in shorts sitting outside, in bathing suits sitting by a pool - no problem. I posted the same pic I'm using as my profile pic here on FB, with a comment saying "Finally got to the weight I want to be, so I bought a bikini!" and within minutes received 16 comments about "You're looking too skinny", "Is that a good kind of picture to post on FB?", "You eating enough?". Out of those 16, there were only two that said "Auntie - wow you look fantastic!" and one from a guy cousin who's a bit of a joker saying "Who are you and what did you do with my cousin? Rawr!!!!!" Oh yes, and one cousin said she thought I photoshopped it. LMAO

So apparently when I looked like them, I was perfect, but now that I'm at a perfectly acceptable weight for my height, I'm too skinny and possibly anorexic (because I'm exercising, you see - anorexics always exercise too much}.
    Next time you post pics of your beautiful self on FB. you can post this after anyone dare's to make a negative comment,:flowerforyou:

zzzzziiv.jpg

Oh, God, I love it! Thank you! :heart:
  • careyayn22
    Options
    Someone posted: People get defensive when they have been hurt and mistreated.

I agree. It doesn't make it ok, but I think it helps to explain the trend. Hurt people lash out at others. I think those memes are silly and divisive.

However, I think is hyperbole to say that fit women are the most hated group.
  • wren176
    wren176 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Here is my two cents on this topic. As an overweight lady for the last 10 years I have JUST NOW realized something! My opinions of what looked healthy were not accurate at all anymore! Ladies that I THOUGHT looked wonderful would actually be considered overweight and ladies that I THOUGHT looked anorexic would actually be at a healthy weight! I think it was some sort of self protection denial mode! I have realized that as I have lost my weight my thoughts of what looks healthy have changed quite a bit! Everyone is entitled to our own opinions but we DON'T need to criticize each other:(
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Here is my two cents on this topic. As an overweight lady for the last 10 years I have JUST NOW realized something! My opinions of what looked healthy were not accurate at all anymore! Ladies that I THOUGHT looked wonderful would actually be considered overweight and ladies that I THOUGHT looked anorexic would actually be at a healthy weight! I think it was some sort of self protection denial mode! I have realized that as I have lost my weight my thoughts of what looks healthy have changed quite a bit! Everyone is entitled to our own opinions but we DON'T need to criticize each other:(

I completely understand what you're saying...
  • jenlb99
    jenlb99 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    A very good friend of mine that has lost 60+ lbs over the past year told me just the other day that the same women that use to be polite and stop their car and give her a friendly smile and wave to let her pass to get from the gym parking lot to the entrance last year now speed up to make sure she has to wait and look at her like she just killed their cat as they drive by.

YES!!!

I've been very large and am now roughly 20 lbs more than my goal weight (which is still higher than the BMI chart says I "should" be), and women were SO friendly to me when I was heavier.

Even now, when I choose to go out without makeup, with my hair thrown back, etc. women are somewhat friendly to me. The second I put on a bit of makeup (I'm a minimalist), do my hair, and put on something other than workout gear, I get lousy service and nasty glares.

Women are vicious and territorial...it's terrible, but it's true. We are, by far, our own worst enemies.
  • paulaGetshealthy
    Options
    Pictures like this are disgusting. Why are we comparing these two women? Why??? This is what is so f-ed up about society. We are telling girls and women that their self-worth is dependent on how they compare to other women. This makes me so angry! My entire life I have been feeling as though I will only be successful and happy if I am better in some way than someone else. NO! My happiness should depend on my love for myself, not on how I rank among other women!

Thanks to this messed-up way of thinking, I have developed an eating disorder than I am currently battling.

Neither of these women are/were disgusting, and they each have their own strengths that make them uniquely beautiful!
  • caddygarcia123
    caddygarcia123 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Women are vicious and territorial...it's terrible, but it's true. We are, by far, our own worst enemies.
    [/quote]

Heck yea ain't that the truth! Never had a man call me a short and fat but geez I've had girls call me things left and right and always directed it to my appearance too
  • JMarigold
    JMarigold Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Everyone I know thinks that healthy is attractive. (Except this one girl)

I guess I'm just lucky. (And slightly anti-social)
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    Are Fit women the most hated group in America?

hmmm that a tough question ,,,, let me think .... al qaeda, pedophiles, gang members, serial killers, meth dealers, member of congress, gas company officials .... yep, fit women are the most hated, I can't think on anyone else :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    The irony is that most of us who are overweight are on MFP to get fit and thin ourselves.

Women can be very cruel when it comes to each other. It's sad really. Men judge us far less than our female counterparts do.
  • bigredhearts
    Options
    i love me, and thats all that matters. beauty is in the eye of the beholder and to each his/her own. i know what i think is sexy and what my goal is. i used to feel the need to think one body type was sexy over another, but then i realized that i dont know these people. i dont know what drives their actions or fuels their self-esteem or the lack there of. so i do my best to not judge, all i know is that i love myself, i feel sexier each and every day, and when i reach my goal, i will be just as happy as i am with myself right now, the only difference is, i will be more comfortable in my "skinny" clothes. :flowerforyou:
  • taramaureen
    taramaureen Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    The irony is that most of us who are overweight are on MFP to get fit and thin ourselves.

Women can be very cruel when it comes to each other. It's sad really. Men judge us far less than our female counterparts do.

That's so true!