Are Fit women the most hated group in America?

Options

Replies

• catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I did a search for the mosted hated group in america #1 Athiest #2 tea party:laugh:

There's probably a fit woman who is an atheist and a member of the Tea Party on here somewhere...:wink:

Or wait....nvm:laugh:
  • WilliamsJJ86
    Options
    I didn't get to see the picture but I had the same thing happen to me also. It was a very fit russian woman off Facebook and the responses were awful. I felt that because I was trying to look like that I have something wrong with me. America just likes to be fat lets just agree on that.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    I don't think bashing anybody on the basis of their physical appearance, either overweight or skinny is acceptable.

However, if I had to choose one to stamp out then it would be fat bashing because there are simply more advantages in the way a person is perceived generally if they are slim.

Fat people and slim people aren't really in the same starting position.
    Bingo! This is exactly correct. If a thin person feels sad, they can find solace in the fact that they will have many benefits in our thin-obsessed society.

so, question, when I get bashed for being my size that I've worked my a** off to keep in shape, mind you, I should just get over it because this is a thin obsessed society?
  • llaurenmarie
    llaurenmarie Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    It's just jealousy. Some would rather complain instead of taking the time to improve there bodies. We live in a world that is used to larger portions. I will keep pushing myself to stay healthy & fit.
    exactly.
  • ampa916
    ampa916 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I personally think Mermaid or Whale you should have to learn to be happy with yourself and forget what other people are saying. I've realized that in an attempt to help bigger women feel better about themselves that ads and posts like this have successfully made smaller skinny women the "bad" guys. I don't look like a supermodel, but that doesn't mean someone small doesn't eat or isn't healthy.

Everyone should learn to be happy with their body as long as it is healthy! Some people will teeter on the bigger size and some will teeter on the small, but neither of those are wrong or deserve to be hated.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Fit woman are the most admired in America

This!!! Not the most hated. Fat women are hated. I have had things thrown at me, names called by strangers, refused service to me, dirty looks and laughed at and was even told by a car salesman I was to fat for a car I was going to buy. All for being fat. AND all by ADULTS.

I've been through these same things as a skinny woman..except for the car salesman thing. I drive an old teal Buick, yeah ya'll can laugh but I don't take it dry from a car payment every month....anyway, I've had people literally stop and do a double take and say, "Omg are you sick?", "Daaaang girl, you hella bony!!", that's from men.
    Women will start whispering and giving me dirty looks and eye me up and down...happens nearly every day for me. I'm to the point where anytime anyone starts talking about diet or fitness that I get defensive.
    I've had people make noises of disgust at me, I've had women make horrid comments in Spanish about me (people think I'm Asian).
    I'm 5'3" and 106lbs.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options

Personally, I think BMI is way too general. That's why this time my plan this time is to not go as skinny as before.

I totally agree with you here. I've got a 32" waist, and can see definition in muscles throughout my body, but I think I still fall under "overweight" according to BMI.
    Back in Jan. while at the doctors a nurse came into the exam room while I was waiting for my Dr. and went over my BMI with me. She told me that at 6"1 and 217-218 lbs
    Really? 217 is obese for someone who is 6"1" on the BMI chart? What the heck, I think of that number as super fit for someone who is 6"1" and anything under 180 as thin. Weird.

Anyway, my goal is solidly in the overweight side of the BMI chart, but based on my approximation, it is decidedly "medium" on my frame. It I went to "healthy" I'd be way too thin.
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I think all women are beautiful. I think a woman's heart and mind are the most sexy. Fit women are very sexy, yes, but a happy woman is just plain HOT!
    Options
    I think all women are beautiful. I think a woman's heart and mind are the most sexy. Fit women are very sexy, yes, but a happy woman is just plain HOT!

best response!
  • ChubbyCrystol
    Options
    Women hate women. Or women hate themselves. Women have issues and always will :)

This is true. Every time I am on the walking path and my fat booty passes a skinny gaggle of gals and we smile toeach other i always say "*****" under my breathe! I don't mean it. Guess I am just thinking that the last thing I need to see while I am sweating and trying my hardest to burn calories is a perfect body stroll past me :) The other day my family was taking a trip to the beach and two bikini clag girls walked past our truck and my husband mindlessly yelped "Mamacitas!!" out the window followed by my three year old son copying him. I punched my husband soOo hard in his upper arm. I have never hit him before. He was shocked. He said "sorry, I know that was disrespectful to say. But I was just paying them a compliment." SIGH* I have lost 14lbs in the last 5 weeks but it feels like nothing because its not enough to make me feel better about myself. Truthfully I don't care if a woman is thin and I am fat. I don't hate them.....Really I hate myself for not being like them.
  • ChubbyCrystol
    Options

And now I just love you! lol :) Its nice to know there are men that think this way :):heart:
    Options
    Women hate women. Or women hate themselves. Women have issues and always will :)

This is true. Every time I am on the walking path and my fat booty passes a skinny gaggle of gals and we smile toeach other i always say "*****" under my breathe! I don't mean it. Guess I am just thinking that the last thing I need to see while I am sweating and trying my hardest to burn calories is a perfect body stroll past me :) The other day my family was taking a trip to the beach and two bikini clag girls walked past our truck and my husband mindlessly yelped "Mamacitas!!" out the window followed by my three year old son copying him. I punched my husband soOo hard in his upper arm. I have never hit him before. He was shocked. He said "sorry, I know that was disrespectful to say. But I was just paying them a compliment." SIGH* I have lost 14lbs in the last 5 weeks but it feels like nothing because its not enough to make me feel better about myself. Truthfully I don't care if a woman is thin and I am fat. I don't hate them.....Really I hate myself for not being like them.

stick to it and one day YOU'LL be the one who gets called "mamacita" and whose husband gets punched in the arm for paying YOU that compliment for being that hot bikini clad gal. If you can dream it and you believe it, you can achieve it!
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Fit woman are the most admired in America

This!!! Not the most hated. Fat women are hated. I have had things thrown at me, names called by strangers, refused service to me, dirty looks and laughed at and was even told by a car salesman I was to fat for a car I was going to buy. All for being fat. AND all by ADULTS.

I've been through these same things as a skinny woman..except for the car salesman thing. I drive an old teal Buick, yeah ya'll can laugh but I don't take it dry from a car payment every month....anyway, I've had people literally stop and do a double take and say, "Omg are you sick?", "Daaaang girl, you hella bony!!", that's from men.
    Women will start whispering and giving me dirty looks and eye me up and down...happens nearly every day for me. I'm to the point where anytime anyone starts talking about diet or fitness that I get defensive.
    I've had people make noises of disgust at me, I've had women make horrid comments in Spanish about me (people think I'm Asian).
    I'm 5'3" and 106lbs.

It is not hatred, it's jealous. On the other side...thin people dislike heavy people and heavy people dislike thin people. Not all but a lot. These people just need someone to dislike because they are very shallow. No matter what type you are....be glad your not them. You can change...them??? Not so much.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    You guys must have some weird facebook friends. I never have pics like that floating around in my feed. More like those silly quotes on the nature background or a picture of a cats or something.

I've never been "skinny" and about a third of my friends are 0 or 2s. None of them are what I'd call too skinny. Even though I am larger, I have an upper body clone who wears a 2 and a lower body clone who wears a 0. We compare notes on fit, because we have the same problems in finding clothing, even though our sizes are wildly different.

I don't really think there is a lot of skinny hate, as much as there is a desire for body type diversity. The typical "size 0" pic that gets plastered all over the internet is someone who is very thin with a ruler or banana shape and thin legs and arms. You don't see images of size 0 pears, or apples or hourglasses. I find it annoying, because it perpetuates the image that there is only one "good" type of female beauty and we come in all shapes and sizes. I'd like the mass media to pay more attention to that, but obviously it is a lost cause.
  • Ripken818836701
    Ripken818836701 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Jadedone, here is the today's example,
    47793240.jpg
    Options
    47793240.jpg

that picture ticks me off, really. Just because I'm fit doesn't mean I don't have curves and am not a real woman. It just means I have a lower body fat percentage.
  • Ripken818836701
    Options
    Back in Jan. while at the doctors a nurse came into the exam room while I was waiting for my Dr. and went over my BMI with me. She told me that at 6"1 and 217-218 lbs ( 3-4 lb.'s more than I weighed in my profile pic.) I was obese!! She then started making suggestions about how I could lower my BMI. and had me sign and date a form. I got pissed because I had just spent the entire past year busting my *kitten* in order to not be considered obese so I took off my shirt (was going to have to anyway) and asked her to please point out on my body were she thought I could lose enough fat so I wouldnt be considered obese. BMI Is a Joke!!
    The nurse was wrong. 6-1, 218 is not obese according to BMI, it's overweight. Also, BMI is not a good indicator for persons that do a lot of weight training. At least they were wrong about that and not something that matters, like reading your x-ray.
    I dont think she was wrong, there was was a chart/ graph and it showed where i was last year, where I was at this year, how far away I was from being over weight, healthy etc. All she did was punch my age, height and weight into the computer and printed it out.
    Is age a factor for BMI.? I'm 42.
  • Ripken818836701
    Options
    47793240.jpg

that picture ticks me off, really. Just because I'm fit doesn't mean I don't have curves and am not a real woman. It just means I have a lower body fat percentage.
    I agree! Why cant it just say something like """ Despite of what some women at Cosmo tells you this is just as beautiful and sexy!!
    Options
    47793240.jpg

I agree! Why cant it just say something like """ Despite of what some women at Cosmo tells you this is just as beautiful and sexy!!

now THAT would be worded much better, less controversial.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    47793240.jpg

now THAT would be worded much better, less controversial.

And what's funny, is if that were a very slim woman and it said "real women are thin" or something like that, you'd see about 100 comments about a woman being a bag of bones and other rude things, but if I were to say what I'm thinking right now when I see this picture, I'd be attacked for it. Whatever. No matter what size a woman is, if she is confident in herself and presents herself with grace and class, she is attractive. That's it.