Are Fit women the most hated group in America?

Options

Replies

• IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options

that picture ticks me off, really. Just because I'm fit doesn't mean I don't have curves and am not a real woman. It just means I have a lower body fat percentage.
    I agree! Why cant it just say something like """ Despite of what some women at Cosmo tells you this is just as beautiful and sexy!!
    [/quote]
    now THAT would be worded much better, less controversial.
    And what's funny, is if that were a very slim woman and it said "real women are thin" or something like that, you'd see about 100 comments about a woman being a bag of bones and other rude things, but if I were to say what I'm thinking right now when I see this picture, I'd be attacked for it. Whatever. No matter what size a woman is, if she is confident in herself and presents herself with grace and class, she is attractive. That's it.

Agreed.
  • Ripken818836701
    Ripken818836701 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Jadedone, here is the today's example,
    47793240.jpg

that picture ticks me off, really. Just because I'm fit doesn't mean I don't have curves and am not a real woman. It just means I have a lower body fat percentage.
    I agree! Why cant it just say something like """ Despite of what some women at Cosmo tells you this is just as beautiful and sexy!!

now THAT would be worded much better, less controversial.

And what's funny, is if that were a very slim woman and it said "real women are thin" or something like that, you'd see about 100 comments about a woman being a bag of bones and other rude things, but if I were to say what I'm thinking right now when I see this picture, I'd be attacked for it. Whatever. No matter what size a woman is, if she is confident in herself and presents herself with grace and class, she is attractive. That's it.
    The OP. got the same 100 comments about skinny women being a bag of bones and other rude things with this pic.
    But your right, you would be attacked (not I that I cared with the previous pic.) if you posted what your thinking right now. It seems these pic.'s, quotes, ficticious stories are not use to make larger women feel good about themselves but to start another attack on thin women etc. And women can be very vicious!!
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options

I agree, a nice little note about beauty coming in all shapes and sizes would be sufficient.
  • Ripken818836701
    Options
    You guys must have some weird facebook friends. I never have pics like that floating around in my feed. More like those silly quotes on the nature background or a picture of a cats or something.
    Jadedone, I thought about what the difference is between your FB. friends and mine and I think its because I live in PA. smack dab in the middle of Pennsylvania Dutch Country and a very high % of us are over weight etc. due to our diet's. chicken pot pie, dumplings, funnel cake, fauchtnaughts ( even worse than a doughnut) shu fly pie etc. etc. etc. But over the last 10 years alot of people here ( the majority of them women) have caught the fitness bug. Infact in that time within 10 minutes of my house there has been 2 Planet Fitness locations, 2 Golds Gyms, 2 Curves , an LA. Fitness, a Strictly Fitness, a Body Rythms, And a 24 Hour Fitness open up in addition to the gym's that were already here and each and everyone of their parking lots are full whenever I drive past them.
    I think the backlash against thin women here in my area is because of the fact that more women are working out these days and the women who are not are offended by it.
    Options
    You guys must have some weird facebook friends. I never have pics like that floating around in my feed. More like those silly quotes on the nature background or a picture of a cats or something.
    Jadedone, I thought about what the difference is between your FB. friends and mine and I think its because I live in PA. smack dab in the middle of Pennsylvania Dutch country and a very high % of us are over weight etc. due to our diet's. chicken pot pie, dumplings, funnel cake, fauchtnaughts ( even worse than a doughnut) shu fly pie etc. etc. etc. But over the last 10 years alot of people here ( the majority of them women) have caught the fitness/ living healthy bug. Infact in that time Within 10 minutes of my house there has been 2 Planet Fitness locations, 2 Golds Gyms, 2 Curves , an LA. Fitness, a Strictly Fitness, a Body Rythms, And a 24 Hour Fitness open up in addition to the gym's that were already here and each and everyone of their parking lots are full whenever I drive past them.
    I think the backlash against thin women here in my area is because of the fact that more women are working out these days and the women who are not are offended by it.

I live in Houston, TX, where I'm told is one of the "fattest" cities, so it happens on my wall a lot, too.
  • Ripken818836701
    Options
    [/quote]

I live in Houston, TX, where I'm told is one of the "fattest" cities, so it happens on my wall a lot, too.
    [/quote] Thats because other than you, All the hot women live in Dallas!! Sorry i'm a Cowboys fan. :laugh:
    Options

Thats because other than you, All the hot women live in Dallas!! Sorry i'm a Cowboys fan. :laugh:

:laugh: meh, at least you said all women other than me, lol. :laugh:
  • Alexstrasza
    Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Why do people automatically assume someone is jealous if they don't happen to want to aspire to be a certain body type.
    Either way ... slim, curvy, muscular.

Who gives a *kitten*?

I never understood this either.

That goes for anything though. You complain about anything and suddenly it's because you're just jealous.
  • Ripken818836701
    Options

I agree, a nice little note about beauty coming in all shapes and sizes would be sufficient.
    If the OP would just ask what everyone's opinion of the women in the pic. was I think she would get comments like,
    beautiful, sexy, cares about her appearence ( I bet she knows how to read a label) and confident (and to me there is nothing more sexy about a women than confidence) And would go alot farther towards making women feel better about themselves than using the pic to bash others.
  • Ripken818836701
    Options

Thats because other than you, All the hot women live in Dallas!! Sorry i'm a Cowboys fan. :laugh:

How could I not after you posted that pic. in the half naked thread!!:happy:
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I totally agree!
    Options

hahaha, oh oops, I didn't realize anyone would remember....

ETA: I almost forgot my manners, thank you for your kind words. :blushing:
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    :blushing: Haha! It didn't copy the post I was replying to! I was agreeing with the "Women hate women" comment.
  • Ripken818836701
    Options

Yours didnt get deleted, mine did.:laugh:
    And also, My pleasure maam!! (think thats how the gentlemen down there with the 10 gallon hats say it, anyway!)
    Options

And also, My pleasure maam!! (think thats how the gentlemen down there with the 10 gallon hats say it, anyway!)

to be fair, I was wearing a competition bikini on a stage, not actually half naked. :tongue: :wink:
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    Why do people automatically assume someone is jealous if they don't happen to want to aspire to be a certain body type.

Who gives a *kitten*?
    This^^^^

Just because someone doesn't like a certain look doesn't mean they're jealous.
  • Ripken818836701
    Options

to be fair, I was wearing a competition bikini on a stage, not actually half naked. :tongue: :wink:
    You were wearing a bikini and on stage??? Didnt notice. And sorry, didnt want to imply to others that you were half naked, just pointing out the thread the pic. was located in.
  • HorrorChix89
    Options
    Women hate women. Or women hate themselves. Women have issues and always will :)
    I don't hate all women, I just hate blondes...even the fake blondes who hair turns green under a black light.
  • Ripken818836701
    Options

Who gives a *kitten*?
    This^^^^

Doesnt mean they have to say things like """ they would rather be a whale because a whale mates with one of whale for life and a mermaid sleeps with every sailor they come across"" either
  • HorrorChix89
    Options

Who gives a *kitten*?
    This^^^^

Doesnt mean they have to say things like """ they would rather be a whale because a whale mates with one of whale for life and a mermaid sleeps with every sailor they come across"" either
    Umm who said that? Sounds pretty stupid and childish to me. I don't care what other people look like as long as people don't try to tell me what I should look like. As long as an opinion isn't forced upon me I couldn't care less.