eating breakfast?

Options

Replies

• kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    I have pondered this question.. I love breakfast as I wake up hungry..BUT I have noticed if I wait until later to eat I personally don't get as hungry all day. I really think it has to do with your sleep patterns and habits.What if you worked third shift or have a sleeping disorder..they try to put you into a pattern that is normal but we all aren't normal. I have to know later in the day I will eat, so My much cherished big breakfast routine when I am on a diet has to slow down or I add too many calories through the day. Drinking water first thing gets the ole' organs functioning and while on a diet, I say listen to your body, it will tell you when its time to eat you just have to not gorge it all at once because you skipped a meal. I understand people that are proned to gain weight have to eat or their body goes into starvation mode and hordes fat.. makes sense but its hard to eat when you are not hungry..perhaps just a piece of rice toast or something small just to say you did it no matter what the time of day, :wink:

true

if you train your body, it will respond accordingly. many people are not strong enough to lift weights, or in shape enough to use the treadmill, or whatever...does that mean you don't do it? NO! It means you work on it until you can do it better...and then better and then better until it's a routine that you are not only comfortable with, but proficient at.
  • LottieLou13
    LottieLou13 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    First thing a mug of green tea with honey. Then either eggy bread (x2 small white bread slices soaked with 2 eggs then 'fried' in a frying pan) or fruit n' fibre cereal with skimmed milk. This morning was a nice treat and I had scrambled egg, 1 slice white toast and 2 vege sausages. Was yummy.

Up until a couple of weeks ago I never ate breakfast and would'nt eat anything until around 2pm. Now I make sure I have something for breakfast and I feel so much better for it. I'm def not so tired anymore and have more omphh to actually do stuff in the morning
  • sallywilson06
    sallywilson06 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Yogurt or instant oatmeal, scrambled eggs if I have the time! Don't skip though its not good. They say your supposed to eat something within the first 30 mins of waking up to get your metabolism revved up for the day.
  • Jezebel_Barbie
    Jezebel_Barbie Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Fruit salad. This has been my standard breakfast since before I started on here even; I can't stomach eating anything else first thing in the morning. But then I work from home so it's easy for me to pick at my little bowl of fruit while I work.
  • jenniferdances1
    jenniferdances1 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I normally have coffee and a hard boiled egg on my way to work and then mid-morning I usually grab a piece of fruit.
  • Vegetablearian
    Vegetablearian Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I get up, drive to work then eat when i get there ... works for me
  • Rosbrook1985
    Rosbrook1985 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hum, I have my breakfast around lunchtime usually! And it's something meaty mmm

that sounds like lunch...

Wellll then I guess I dont eat breakfast :p

I don't want to preach (but I'm going to ;))

EAT BREAKFAST!!! you're starving yourself of nutrients

I do eventually get it all in, just later in the day :)

do a little research on the topic 'why breakfast is so important,' on google or the like. you will see about 10,000 medically founded articles on it.
    it's not that you don't get the calories, it's WHEN you get the calories in the case of breakfast. it supplies energy that has been lost because of the lapse between your last meal (hence the term 'break fast,' you're breaking the fast)

anyway, maybe you'll take the advice, maybe you won't.

*cough*Broscience*cough*
  • lmj_786
    lmj_786 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi folks. I usually wake up starving and a big part of the reason why I was over weight was because I ate way too much at breakfast. The trouble with breakfast is, I'm hungrier all day long after eating it. So I try to keep it as light as possible, a yoghurt or shake, but most times I skip it and start eating at lunch time.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

do a little research on the topic 'why breakfast is so important,' on google or the like. you will see about 10,000 medically founded articles on it.
    it's not that you don't get the calories, it's WHEN you get the calories in the case of breakfast. it supplies energy that has been lost because of the lapse between your last meal (hence the term 'break fast,' you're breaking the fast)

It is true that studies have shown that people who eat breakfast tend to weigh less and be healthier overall. I still rarely eat it, and haven't for most of my adult life. And I'm healthy. I work in health care and hate when people poo-poo medical advice, and I don't mean to do that here. But everyone is different and very few medical studies have 100% of study participants show the same results. Sometimes you just have to go with what your own body is telling you. When my body tells me it's hungry, I feed it. It just rarely tells me that in the morning. But I usually eat a very late and fairly large dinner (usually at least 1000 calories around 9 p.m. and god to bed 10-10:30), so this could be a factor for me.
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    Hum, I have my breakfast around lunchtime usually! And it's something meaty mmm

that sounds like lunch...

Wellll then I guess I dont eat breakfast :p

I don't want to preach (but I'm going to ;))

EAT BREAKFAST!!! you're starving yourself of nutrients

I do eventually get it all in, just later in the day :)

*cough*Broscience*cough*

maybe you're right. all I know is actual scientifically studied information regarding this is out there, and the old addage 'breakfast is the most important meal of the day,' seems pretty true.

you won't get a rise out of me, btw, so if you hope to, sorry :)
  • Amy_Lee_2012
    Amy_Lee_2012 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I have a bowl of special K cereal and 1/2 cup of trim milk everyday. I also make sure and drink two glasses of water with my breakfast.
  • StarkLark
    StarkLark Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Totally loving my new breakfast sandwich: 6 tbsp egg whites fried up in a small pan, one slice oat nut bread toasted, 2 slices turkey bacon, 2 tomato slices and a couple drops of ketchup for extra flavor. So good for only around 225 calories. Recipe in diary if you are interested :)
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I skip it. Other times, I'll have coffee with skim milk. Most recently, I've been having coffee with an whole grain English muffin with a teaspoon of butter and some honey.

I've read that despite what we've been told, breakfast is not essential, and there have been times when I've eaten more over the course of a day because I ate breakfast.
  • schwim
    schwim Posts: 65
    Options
    on work days i'll have coffee and a banana after i workout but if i'm staying at home i'll have soemthing more substantial like eggs and toast. it works for me. I usually snack on fruit during the mornings when i'm at work to make up for the light breakfast but when i'm at home i'll have the breakfast and not need to eat again until late in the afternoon.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I have a protein shake made with almond milk and whatever else I feel like adding to it most mornings. Refreshing and satisfying.
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I can't function without breakfast. I usually have cold cereal (bran flakes, grape nuts, cheerio's, special K) and a 1.5 cups of mixed berries.
  • shelbysmom08
    Options
    Today was a salad, I eat what ever I can find? I log it all I guess I look at it if I eat I am doing better then I was when I started
  • sarallong
    sarallong Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    6 egg whites, scrambled and a piece of fruit
  • legnarevocrednu
    legnarevocrednu Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I grab my greek yogurt when I'm leaving home and eat it when I get to work (around 8:30).
  • PattyfromToledo
    PattyfromToledo Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    eggs mostly but sometimes Kashi cereal ... find someting and eat it in the morning... even if its chicken... no one said you have to eat breakfast food... you'll see a difference!!!!