eating breakfast?

Options

Replies

• ActiveGuy81
    ActiveGuy81 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I love breakfast!! I switch off between oatmeal, toast and a banana with as healthy cereal I can find and when I have more time, I cook eggs with turkey bacon.
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    Today was a salad, I eat what ever I can find?

i laughed hahaha, no offense, I just found it funny
  • SunshineMaye
    Options
    I eat dried almonds and dried apricots
  • Kicktush
    Kicktush Posts: 16
    Options
    1/2 cup old fashioned oat with 1/2 cup blueberries on top. I also scramble up 1/2 cup egg whites. :) Perfect!
  • SunnyFace13
    Options
    Eggs -- hard boiled with a banana or yourgurt and a slice of bread
    Protein shake
    Toast with all natural peanut butter
  • BigAlfrn
    BigAlfrn Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    oatmeal usually and every now and again i'll have egg whites and turkey bacon.
  • kak2m4
    kak2m4 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I've been having eggs and coffee. I've posted on the forums before that I skip breakfast if I don't feel like it or don't have time, but I've begun making it a priority, especially since I'm trying to increase my daily protein intake. I usually have 1 whole egg and an egg white. I spray some Pam into a microwave-safe bowl, put the egg and egg white in there, cook for 45 seconds, flip, cook for another 45 seconds and there you go - a filling, high-protein and quick breakfast.

Also, I've been having what I call "second breakfast" (a The Office reference :smile: ) wherein I make a Green Smoothie the night before and drink it about 2 hours after my egg breakfast.

Edit: I work at a place where I usually am so busy I don't get to eat lunch or I can only eat a little bit, and my first and second breakfast choices keep me feeling full throughout a lot of the morning and I can hold out until near 5 o'clock. (Not ideal of course, but I can't help it sometimes.)
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    today i had brussels sprouts, an egg white scramble (black beans, egg whites, mushroom, onion) topped with salsa, and a protein shake (chocolate protein powder, black beans, white kidney beans, egg whites, coconut almond milk blend, ice, cocoa powder, canned pumpkin)..... 354 calories, 2g fat, 39g carbs, 12g fiber, 46g protein, 528mg sodium.

*I'm following the 4-hour body way of eating - hence the brussels sprouts for breakfast -- this diet does not call for brussels sprouts specifically, just veggies, beans, and lean protein at each meal.

sw 303.4 (1/1/11)
    cw 194.8 (108.6lbs down)
    gw 160
    29y/o, 5'6''
  • Kandygirl
    Kandygirl Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    this morning i have two eggs, a half of bagel and a glass of milk. it's good protein for me chasing around the kids all day.
  • blissfullybalanced
    blissfullybalanced Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yogurt and local honey in the spring and summer months. In the winter, I add some steel cut oats a few times per week too.
  • samanthaleethomas
    Options
    I usually eat fat free yogurt with granola and strawberries or blueberries. Sooo yummy! I'm starving right when I wake up and generally need to eat within the first hour of getting up or else I purge at lunch and dinner.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,619 Member
    Options
    Another breakfast skipper here. I save my calories for lunch, dinner and eating snacks at night.

A.C.E. Certified Personal & Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Protein shake, coffee, and fruit is my norm. Greek yogurt if I think to grab one.

It all depends what I have time to put together as I am running out the door.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is just a waste of calories to me personally. Much rather have them when i actually want them, i.e. late at night.
  • VanessaMFaulkner
    Options
    Green tea and some Silk Soy milk....yum
  • Katie3784
    Katie3784 Posts: 543
    Options
    Fiber one raisin bran and half a cantaloupe. I have had this for breakfast everyday for at least two years because I have to consume very large amounts of fiber to stay regular. It's boring, but I don't really mind.
  • Derpina7
    Derpina7 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Almond milk, and usually either a banana or some sort of fruit with a bit of Nutella, or toast. I used to always skip breakfast, but I've found since I've started to work towards losing weight again I can't skip it!
  • lisasdoinit
    lisasdoinit Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    today, protein shake with skim milk at 6:30 am.

when i got to work and settled in (around 9 am) i had a coffee with double milk and a chobani greek pomagranate yogurt.

that's a usual routine..sometimes, though rarely, i will have cereal, milk and berries...I long to be organized enough to cook up healthy pancakes for a to go breakfast!
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    *cough*Broscience*cough*

maybe you're right. all I know is actual scientifically studied information regarding this is out there, and the old addage 'breakfast is the most important meal of the day,' seems pretty true.

you won't get a rise out of me, btw, so if you hope to, sorry :)

I have done a lot of research on the topic and for every study saying that eating breakfast does speed up metabolic rate etc, there are just as many saying the opposite. I was an avid breakfast eater and ate the "healthy" way for a long time and my results flatlined for fat loss once I hit about 10% bodyfat I started losing just as much lean mass as fat and that was monitored via both caliper measurements and scale. (Yes I know calipers are not totally accurate but it was the most accurate method I had available) my belly fat stayed static not matter how much I cut cals, cycled cals, or tried my best to shed more fat. My body simply did not like cal deficits anymore. So I did a month of maintenance and more research, weight stayed static. I changed my diet, started skipping breakfast (this plays a role in hormonal response) started eating just fat and protein during the day, leaving training for later in the day and trained fasted, with much better results. I ate my carbs pwo and made them simple carbs, results:
    1.75" off my belly to date
    lifts went up over 20-30% over the course of 11 weeks
    I got increasingly stronger, and slimmer doing the exact opposite of what the fitness industry and health industry said should work. On training days I can eat up to 4200 cals no problem. Until this point it was simply cals in cals out, so I put that to the test against a diet I tried called carb nite solution. 2540+ cals the entire 8 weeks never missing that goal (this is maintenance level for me) exercise/workout schedule stayed the same so as to not alter results. I dropped 1-2 lbs/wk doing that when cals in cals out model said I never should have dropped a single pound. I took the time did the research and tried that research out myself in the real world. I know what works and what does not for me. I am not saying that it does for everyone but what I will say is that much of what is spewed forth by the fitness and diet industry is bullcrap plain and simple. Results are what matter, its not simply cals in cals out (this formula is so flawed its ridiculous) I no longer follow the advice of what they adamantly keep spewing forth and keep getting better and better results. If you want to read up on what I did its in my blog or simply look up author John Kiefer. I have changed how I think about food now and maybe its worth your time to read up on it as well.
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    that's pretty awesome, great job and research for sure.

I'm low blood sugar, skipping breakfast sucks for me, so I personally will keep going.