Match Vs eHarmony?

Options

Replies

• cardiokitten
    cardiokitten Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Why use either when there's MFP for free!

And if you try the real world, you don't even need a computer or internet connection! :)
  • liog
    liog Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    My husband and I met on Yahoo Personals in person in October of 2004. We married 18 months later. :smile:
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    I'd have to say pay sites are head and shoulders above free sites. I personally was rejected from eHarmony =( Guess no one is a pimpalicious as me. =/

I've been around the dating sites (pof, okcupid, match, yahoo when it was still around, etc) and I tell you a large portion of the people are on many of the sites, so it's likely someone on eHarmony is also on match.

If you have people that have been together for long periods take the chemistry/harmony/quizzes you'll find they probably don't rate as high matches.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I'd rather shoot my self in the head than try online dating again. And since I have no idea how to meet a man in the real world I'll probably be single forever.... Still better than online dating - awful!!!
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    I'd rather shoot my self in the head than try online dating again. And since I have no idea how to meet a man in the real world I'll probably be single forever.... Still better than online dating - awful!!!
    Being the gaming nerd I am, I saw a story that more couples met playing World of Warcraft than through match.com. Something to ponder =)

My friends say to find men in the real world i should start doing volunteer work or take those goofy community college classes on things like...czech cooking, basket weaving, underwater photography, etc. =P
  • bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Why use either when there's MFP for free!

And if you try the real world, you don't even need a computer or internet connection! :)

The real world isn't always ideal for everyone. I'm from Kentucky and I'm not attracted to country boys. I definitely prefer guys from the city, so it's impossible to stick with looking for guys in my area. I guess this is why there's sites like Match and even MFP lol. There's a guy or two on here that I'd go on a date with if we ever planned on getting together. (:
  • ChihuahuaLover864
    Options
    I tried eHarmony and it wasn't that great BUT I was living in a much smaller city. I gave Match a try when I moved to Houston and met my boyfriend after a week of being online. 6 months and going strong :smile:
  • PBsMommy
    PBsMommy Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    My dad did the whole e-harmony and a few other dating website thing after his and my mom's divorce.. Talk about awkward, taking shirtless pics of your dad for his dating profile. He thought and still thinks he is a stud muffin. He ended up meeting his now wife at work and I think most of the dating websites just landed him dead ends.

I did the whole POF and OKCupid after high school. But I was mostly looking for like-minded opposite sex people to hang out, nothing serious and that's what I found. Of course you have to weed through people, but most of the time you can tell just by their profile what they want.

My husband actually added me and messaged me on Facebook, because "I looked cool and fun" and we have been inseparable ever since. Funny thing is, neither one of us use Facebook that much, then and now.

ETA: UGGGG Just realized this thread is two years old! 395751ee-4b78-44d3-9020-ef00ad3b4291_zps060559bb.jpg
  • 1ZenGirl
    1ZenGirl Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I've been on both and have had relationships from both. Regardless of the site one just needs to take basic precautions. Freaks are everywhere and neither site does full due diligence like background checks. That is not really their purpose. So....I do my own!
  • SexKittenlovesitrough
    Options
    I got spammed with a lot of junk and detritus on both Match and eHarmony....with the amount of junk I had to weed through I figured why was I paying for something that wasn't even living up to its name. So I dumped them both and went with OKC. I found my partner on OKC yes...it took weeding...yes there was a lot of hook up requests but my god those were a lot more honest and forthcoming...and easier to spot...

They have nothing to lose I guess? They didn't pay for it?

I also found that eHarmony was matching me with people over 1000km's away from me even when I set my distance ratio to within my city....and it did NOT match me with people I knew were on the site that would have been fairly compatible and DID live within my city....so...it was weird...

I think it's algorithms are off.
  • moya_rargh
    moya_rargh Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    I've just come off POF (again) It destroyed what was left of my self esteem last time and this time proved that was no fluke. If you can succeed online, then more power to you! Under 6ft and ugly = no replies unless they are in their 50s and obese. (Check out my back photo, ugly apparently.)

I've googled how difficult it is for men on pof. Horrible, horrible site.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I met my husband on zombie.com
  • ProgressNotPerfection32
    Options
    I met my husband on eharmony. I was a member of eharmony, plentyoffish, and match.com and liked eharmony by far the best of all of them. I had many dates with several men in the 3-4 months that I was a member.

When my husband and I met, we just knew. It's a 2nd marriage for both of us, so we knew what we were looking for. We met in August of 2010 online, had our first date September 3 2010, got engaged in October 2010 and married on New Year's Eve of 2010. It was quick, but we knew the first week that it was what we wanted. We both have never been happier.
  • bperkins88
    bperkins88 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    online dating sucks. I've dated two psychotic women from online. Seem normal at first, then the crazy comes out and you find them stalking you, sleeping in your vehicle, showing up at work, leaving weird notes on your bathroom mirror, Telling you their pregnant but not really.

Ugh.. I'm good
  • ProgressNotPerfection32
    Options
    I've just come off POF (again) It destroyed what was left of my self esteem last time and this time proved that was no fluke. If you can succeed online, then more power to you! Under 6ft and ugly = no replies unless they are in their 50s and obese. (Check out my back photo, ugly apparently.)

Those women were crazy........if I was single and in your area, I would've given you a chance, and you are not ugly so stop it. (given that you didn't turn out to be a crazy *kitten* stalker or anything)
  • moya_rargh
    moya_rargh Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options

Those women were crazy........if I was single and in your area, I would've given you a chance, and you are not ugly so stop it. (given that you didn't turn out to be a crazy *kitten* stalker or anything)

Seriously, I might as well be Quasimodo, the women on there are SO up themselves it's untrue! I'm in the UK by the way.

I've taken screengrabs of the only women on there NOT to find me ugly and saved them to my photobucket. You'd be amazed at what men are reduced to believing they are worthy of dating on there. If anybody wants to see the pic, pm me and I'll send you the link.

Stalking? What a waste of energy, I'd rather have a cup of tea!
  • PghPensFan69
    PghPensFan69 Posts: 2,393 Member
    Options
    Dude bumps a thread that died almost 2 years ago to post a link to a dating site no one heard of. Most of the posts since are discussing the known sites.

SPAM FAIL
  • deneesie25
    deneesie25 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Not sure about either of those.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    eHarmony is awful, and so expensive. I signed up, and the only matches they were sending me were several states away. Um, no. Match has the most "normal" guy, but also just eh in the looks department. Way too many old guys on there too. I was getting messages from people decades older. POF has the hottest guys, but also the most crazy, most looking just for a hookup/one night stand. OKC seems a cross between POF and Match.