Match Vs eHarmony?

Options

Replies

• DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options

Most women, regardless of site, have flooded inboxes. You'd be surprised, there are women who are easily 30 lbs overweight who have 5-10 guys at a time asking them out. Using simple supply & demand principles, women can be picky, and one of the top ways they can be picky is on height. 6'0" and above, no exceptions.
    True and it falsely inflates their egos. These guys are going for the easy lay by sticking to the 3's - 5's and then moving on to the next one.

why the hell is a women who is consider a "3-5" on some made up scale of worthiness/attractiveness considered an *easy lay* ?

5's are average, meaning that they will have some options, but it is challenging for them to compete with the real attractive women. One potential course of action to make up for a lack of a competitive advantage is by putting out more easily. Supply and demand.

3-4's are below average, but will still have options, more so online than offline.
  • superasianwoman
    Options
    Agree with the above statement, what POS says that because you are 30 pounds overweight you are just an easy lay and that is why men are talking to you. YOU are what is wrong with this world. Not EVERYONE wants a size 0 or 2, some men like curves, some men like big butts or boobs and some men like tiny stick figures, it's what makes this world great, BEAUTY COMES IN ALL SHAPES AND SIZES you closed minded *kitten*.

Its sick how many MEN reply about the women being OBESE and they are the losers contacting them, as if what, you are GODS GIFT TO WOMEN. THAT is why you are single because you have nothing to offer but JUDGEMENT.
  • moya_rargh
    moya_rargh Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    I think what is being said is that a lot of men are acting as 'confidence tricksters' targeting those low on confidence and who therefore put up less 's*** tests' than others would, which would easily deter said predators from their quest for quick sexual gratification.

Simple solution, only contact women who you are genuinely attracted to and are interested in.

Something like that...
  • MM_1982
    MM_1982 Posts: 374
    Options
    3-5's are only easy lays if they insist on "banging up" and are desperate to do so. They know that there's a slim to none chance of a guy who's a 7+ dating them seriously. So in those cases, a 3-5 would be an easy lay.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I met my boyfriend on OKC! It's true. You have to weed through some crazies, but you have to do that everywhere. I don't think it's a matter of what site you use. It's how you use them.

I totally agree with this. You just have to be discerning. When I was on those sites in 1999-2000 and again in 2012 (after my first marriage ended amicably) I was choosy. If a guy was a casual drug user...delete. A parent...delete. Much older...delete. Said anything that made me uncomfortable...you got it. Delete and/or block.

BY NO MEANS am I saying any of those dealbreakers should be automatic outs for everyone. They shouldn't! But for me, they were.

As a result I had summarily good experiences! The 1-2 duds I met up with were lying about who they were and what they were all about and that was painfully obvious. The rest were cool if shy guys, including my now-husband who is freaking amazing, smart, ridiculously hot, and has all of his *kitten* together :-)
  • DMZ_1
    Options
    3-5's are only easy lays if they insist on "banging up" and are desperate to do so. They know that there's a slim to none chance of a guy who's a 7+ dating them seriously. So in those cases, a 3-5 would be an easy lay.

That's a good assessment. "Banging up" is pretty common from any online site, especially the OKC/POF/Match subset, because of the multitude of options.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Dying to know what DMZ and MM rate themselves as.
  • moya_rargh
    moya_rargh Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    This is why I'm glad that I've given up!
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    Agree with the above statement, what POS says that because you are 30 pounds overweight you are just an easy lay and that is why men are talking to you. YOU are what is wrong with this world. Not EVERYONE wants a size 0 or 2, some men like curves, some men like big butts or boobs and some men like tiny stick figures, it's what makes this world great, BEAUTY COMES IN ALL SHAPES AND SIZES you closed minded *kitten*.

Its sick how many MEN reply about the women being OBESE and they are the losers contacting them, as if what, you are GODS GIFT TO WOMEN. THAT is why you are single because you have nothing to offer but JUDGEMENT.

I have 25 pounds to loose still and I am no where near an easy lay :happy:

I agree so hard with everything you said
  • salembambi
    Options

my guess is a 5 or up :laugh:
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    I'm way late to this thread, but the correct answer here is to use all of them, but do so in a way that uses their own systems to your advantage. Join Match, fill out your profile, all of the happy stuff. Give it 90 days. If, after 90 days, you haven't found what you are looking for close that and move on to another one. The reason for this is that you always want to be the new kid in school. When you first join your profile is matched with every possible candidate. You truly are the center of attention. After 90 days you're in the pool. Being in the pool means that you and 5 kajillion other men / women are all waiting for someone new to join. Someone that you haven't already rejected. You don't want to be in the pool. Being in the pool means that you are competing with everyone else in the pool for a handful of new people. Get out of the pool. Close the account. Go somewhere else for 90 days. If you land in the pool there, you can always go back to the first place where you will be new again.
  • toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I'm way late to this thread, but the correct answer here is to use all of them, but do so in a way that uses their own systems to your advantage. Join Match, fill out your profile, all of the happy stuff. Give it 90 days. If, after 90 days, you haven't found what you are looking for close that and move on to another one. The reason for this is that you always want to be the new kid in school. When you first join your profile is matched with every possible candidate. You truly are the center of attention. After 90 days you're in the pool. Being in the pool means that you and 5 kajillion other men / women are all waiting for someone new to join. Someone that you haven't already rejected. You don't want to be in the pool. Being in the pool means that you are competing with everyone else in the pool for a handful of new people. Get out of the pool. Close the account. Go somewhere else for 90 days. If you land in the pool there, you can always go back to the first place where you will be new again.

And this is why the same people create new profiles every week on POF and OKCupid =/
  • creativerick
    creativerick Posts: 270 Member
    Options

Most women, regardless of site, have flooded inboxes. You'd be surprised, there are women who are easily 30 lbs overweight who have 5-10 guys at a time asking them out. Using simple supply & demand principles, women can be picky, and one of the top ways they can be picky is on height. 6'0" and above, no exceptions.
    True and it falsely inflates their egos. These guys are going for the easy lay by sticking to the 3's - 5's and then moving on to the next one.

why the hell is a women who is consider a "3-5" on some made up scale of worthiness/attractiveness considered an *easy lay* ?

While not totally rational. Guys often believe that the less physically attractive a woman is, the easier she will be to have 'relations' with.
  • bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options

I'm a strong 4 on a good day and many men have failed at sleeping with me. d: I'm a tough lay since I'm so picky.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options

While not totally rational. Guys often believe that the less physically attractive a woman is, the easier she will be to have 'relations' with.

I "get it" but I also think it's pretty funny that the real issue is confidence and self-esteem. You can't tell that sometimes the girl who looks like "a 3" could have fabulous self-esteem and be 100% totally unwilling to settle for any guy - fling or relationship - who isn't awesome. Meanwhile there are model gorgeous "8" girls with wretched self-esteem...just saying...
  • DMZ_1
    Options
    http://www.hookingupsmart.com/2013/02/12/hookinguprealities/the-most-attractive-women-have-the-least-casual-sex/

Overweight women report approximately 10% more partners than normal-weight women whereas obese women report approximately 10% fewer partners.
  • Micheetah
    Micheetah Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I met my hubs on Match after an endless string of tiring first dates, nonetheless it helped me figure out who I DIDNT want to date lol... I've heard eHarmony is a pain in the *kitten*.
  • salembambi
    Options
    http://www.hookingupsmart.com/2013/02/12/hookinguprealities/the-most-attractive-women-have-the-least-casual-sex/

Overweight women report approximately 10% more partners than normal-weight women whereas obese women report approximately 10% fewer partners.

I am overweight & have only had one sexual partner this year ...dammit time to rethink my life :noway:
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    I did both - Match was more like casual dating - met lots of nice guys! eHarmony is where I met my hubby! Cliche as it sounds, it was love at first date - it was like catching up with an old friend rather than a first date. it was totally a "THERE you are!" feeling. plenty of fish was THE WORST!!! lol