MFP Runner's Club

Options

Replies

• jabdye
    jabdye Posts: 4,059 Member
    Options
    As scheduled I did an easy paced 4 miles. Very enjoyable -- but tomorrrow is the Temp run which looks to be a little harder than I'm used too. So the easy runs are easier than I normally do -- but the tempo runs are harder --- hmmmmm:huh: I'll let you know how it goes. Looking forward to getting to the start/finish line injury free!

Thanks!
    Julie
  • beckyi88
    beckyi88 Posts: 604
    Options
    Another Southerner fighting heat and humidity. 8:45am is waaaaaaay to late to be running. I love summer here, just not running in summer! :tongue:
    I just e-mailed the high school cross country coach to see if I can come use the track for my tempo runs and speed drills at 7am when they have practice. Hopefully he says yes.
    Just under 4 miles today...felt like I was crawling by the end.
    Have a great day everyone! Stay safe and injury free!
    Becky
  • gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Day 2 of having off for the summer and no runs....the kids are keeping me busy. My 5K is tomorrow so I am just resting. I am looking to 2 races in the fall which is nice but my heart keeps wanting to do the team in training...cant decide! Ugh!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Didn't post last night, but I played 3 volleyball games (we won!), then ran a 5K w/ my friend after. Hot and muggy!!!

I did a 1,200 yd swim this morning. Will run a 5K w/ my dh tonight. Training him for the race this weekend!! :bigsmile:

And just signed up for an Olympic distance tri next month!! Woohoo!!

Jess
  • christine918
    christine918 Posts: 261
    Options
    5 miles for me this morning along with upper body! Feel pretty great today except for my hip!:laugh:
    146230.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • ctmom1
    ctmom1 Posts: 189
    Options
    Guster~good luck with the 5k tomorrow!

I really overdid the gardening this weekend. I wasn't just pulling some weeds and planting a little, I was cutting out/digging new garden beds, hauling crap and digging holes. My legs (especially hamstrings) and lower back have been killing me! I went for a 2 mile walk after dinner last night and have been stretching, but no running. The weather is bad today so hopefully by tomorrow my body, and the weather, will be better, so I can go for a run...

Mary
  • StrengthBeautyLove
    Options
    Hi all, I am new to this website. I actually got the idea from the P90X msg. boards. I have been running 5x/week for the past 4 months or so, and I have also incorporated P90X into my rountine over the past 3 weeks. I am really excited to learning more tips and insight to getting the most out of my running, while increasing my endurance and improving my times on 5Ks. I have a 5K each weekend this month. But I do have one question, and I am sure it has been mentioned somewhere on here, but how do I get rid of or at least improve shin splints? I have been doing a couple stretches that I know of, but if I don't take Ibuprofen before my run, I pay for it! Any word of advice????

Looking forward to getting to know more of you,
    Andi
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    5k for me this morning.
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Did about 6.5... I'm really annoyed though cause my nike plus isn't working very well with my new shoes since its not actually inside the shoe so it said I did 2 miles in 48 minutes, I was like what the heck!!! haha At least I did a familiar run. Happy Running!

~Leash :heart:
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone!

I ran 2 miles this morning and timed myself. I didn't do too bad. 12:45 for my first mile, 13.47 for my second. Way better than my 5k on Sunday.

I was thinking about that run on Sunday (45 mins for a 5k) and realized that I was timing myself on a leisurely run. I'm going to try it again soon. I don't expect miracles but I'm hoping that my time will be better.

It's been a really rough day today. I seem to be getting yelled at everytime I turn around. I'm ready to hide under my blanket and wish the day to be over.

Liza
  • Lesli
    Lesli Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Didn't post last night, but I played 3 volleyball games (we won!), then ran a 5K w/ my friend after. Hot and muggy!!!

I did a 1,200 yd swim this morning. Will run a 5K w/ my dh tonight. Training him for the race this weekend!! :bigsmile:

And just signed up for an Olympic distance tri next month!! Woohoo!!

Jess

Jess- I'm so impressed with you! You are also on the P90X thread, right? You are a workout machine! I'm training for my first mini tri in August. I need to starting riding more as that's my weakest area.
    After the mini tri I will continue running and probably start P90X again. I just don't think I have it in me to train AND do P90X.

This morning it was cloudy and cool. I ran an easy paced 4.5 miles. Loved it!!!
  • runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    GOt 5.5 miles in this morning. Tempo seems to have slowed down since the heat and humidity kicked in, but it was a good run anyway.
  • hessied
    hessied Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I had the best run this morning with my friend. We ran a nature trail in the woods- so there was mud, creeks, thorny bushes, roots, hills and all sorts of fun obstacles in our way. We probably ran about 4 miles or so. By the time we were done our shoes were completely soaked and we were dirty and muddy from head-to-toe. It was a nice change up from the monotony of road running. Felt like a kid again. :bigsmile:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Good Tuesday afternoon everyone!

A solid 3 for me today. Have a 3 day hiking trip in a few days so I don't want to over do it :blushing:

Have a great run everyone!
  • jessmomof3
    Options

Jess- I'm so impressed with you! You are also on the P90X thread, right? You are a workout machine! I'm training for my first mini tri in August. I need to starting riding more as that's my weakest area.
    After the mini tri I will continue running and probably start P90X again. I just don't think I have it in me to train AND do P90X.

This morning it was cloudy and cool. I ran an easy paced 4.5 miles. Loved it!!!

Yep, that's me! Thanks!! I have used P90X and other BB workouts for the last 2+ yrs with great results! Good for you for training for a tri! They are really so much fun! Definitely get on the bike and do a lot of BRICKs (bike/ run transition). It really makes a difference. Your legs will feel like Jello the first few times for sure!

I'm still using some P90X w/ my training but not doing a full routine. I don't want to wear myself out!

Off to run a 5K w/ my dh! 2 of my dd's are joining us for 1 mile, they are doing the kids race on Sat!! :bigsmile:
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    As scheduled I did an easy paced 4 miles. Very enjoyable -- but tomorrrow is the Temp run which looks to be a little harder than I'm used too. So the easy runs are easier than I normally do -- but the tempo runs are harder --- hmmmmm:huh: I'll let you know how it goes. Looking forward to getting to the start/finish line injury free!

Thanks!
    Julie

Way to go Julie! Oh the tempo runs will be hard.:bigsmile: Just do the best you can and think to yourself "I'm training this hard because I _______ (want a pr, want to get faster, etc)". Let us know how it goes.
    :heart: -Kechie.
  • gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Grandma ended up taking the kids for a little bit so I ran right out the door. I just decided to walk since I have the 5K tomorrow but then a nasty thunderstorm started to roll in so I ran the last mile. I seriously love running in the rain! It was fun! Hope to do well at the race tomorrow. Will post results when I get back home!
  • Lesli
    Lesli Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Grandma ended up taking the kids for a little bit so I ran right out the door. I just decided to walk since I have the 5K tomorrow but then a nasty thunderstorm started to roll in so I ran the last mile. I seriously love running in the rain! It was fun! Hope to do well at the race tomorrow. Will post results when I get back home!

Have a great time at the race tomorrow!!
  • jessmomof3
    Options

Good luck!! Be sure to share results!
  • jessmomof3
    Options

Thanks!
    Julie

Way to go Julie! Oh the tempo runs will be hard.:bigsmile: Just do the best you can and think to yourself "I'm training this hard because I _______ (want a pr, want to get faster, etc)". Let us know how it goes.
    :heart: -Kechie.

Tempo runs are tough. But they have really helped me to push myself. I know that it was the Tempo runs that really helped me PR at my half marathons!! :flowerforyou: