MFP Runner's Club

Options

Replies

• jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    OK, 4 miles done. Ran 5K with my dh (he was struggling at a bit at mile 2 but picked up a little for the last 1.1). I felt good so finished up 4.

Hope everyone had a good one!
  • RunRideRay
    RunRideRay Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    Cheers and Jeers for me.

Cheers for my new Garmin 605 bike computer. I plan to do a century ride this weekend and it will make it much more fun. It’s a Father day/B-day/Anniversary treat for me.

Jeers…. because everyone has me excited to do a race or two, but my fall calendar is filling in rapidly. I’ll be out for all the races I want to do. Uffda! What a bummer. :grumble: I may be stuck doing a local Tri in August just to have something on the calendar. Oh well, I feel like a schlep without a serious race in 2 years. I figure I’ll be booted right of this MFP board w/o a goal of some kind…. HA! :noway: :noway:

I am in the P90X club too but not as advanced as Jess. Just finishing phase 2 of my first round. Good stuff! But a trick to blend with running/cycling.

Great job everyone... keep going forward.
    Raymond
  • jabdye
    jabdye Posts: 4,059 Member
    Options
    As scheduled I did an easy paced 4 miles. Very enjoyable -- but tomorrrow is the Temp run which looks to be a little harder than I'm used too. So the easy runs are easier than I normally do -- but the tempo runs are harder --- hmmmmm:huh: I'll let you know how it goes. Looking forward to getting to the start/finish line injury free!

Thanks!
    Julie

Way to go Julie! Oh the tempo runs will be hard.:bigsmile: Just do the best you can and think to yourself "I'm training this hard because I _______ (want a pr, want to get faster, etc)". Let us know how it goes.
    :heart: -Kechie.

Tempo runs are tough. But they have really helped me to push myself. I know that it was the Tempo runs that really helped me PR at my half marathons!! :flowerforyou:

Thanks! I did my tempo run today -- 5 miles -- 3 at a 8:34 pace (which is a stretch for me) -- but it felt great. I kind of had a little extra motivation today. I turned the BIG 40 today -- so I had a little something to prove :bigsmile: and I did it!! WOOHOO!!! I can definitely see where the tempo/speed runs are going to help! thanks for all the support and great ideas shared by all of you!
    Have a great day!
    Julie
  • vrdz3215
    vrdz3215 Posts: 493
    Options
    easy 2.5 for me yesterday as well as 30 minutes of biking and upper body/abs strength exercises.
    Gearing up for a 5 K on Saturday morning :smile:
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Julie:flowerforyou:

Today is a rest day for me. I'm on wallpaper removal duty.:sick:

-Kechie.
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    easy 2.5 for me yesterday as well as 30 minutes of biking and upper body/abs strength exercises.
    Gearing up for a 5 K on Saturday morning :smile:

Races are so much fun. Be sure to post and let us know how it goes.:drinker:
  • beckyi88
    beckyi88 Posts: 604
    Options
    Good morning everyone!
    I did a slow and easy mile with 2 of my daughters then a blistering 3 miles in 27:30 with another running buddy. I don't run with her that often because she is so fast, but I kept up for most of it. I did ask her to back down twice at the top of hills for about 100 feet. It is hot and muggy here!
    Have a great day everyone!
    Becky
  • jabdye
    Options
    Happy Birthday Julie:flowerforyou:

Today is a rest day for me. I'm on wallpaper removal duty.:sick:

-Kechie.

Thank you so much!!! Good luck with the wallpaper removal -- been there, done that! :noway:
  • RunRideRay
    RunRideRay Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    Julie..

Happy Birthday to you
    Happy Birthday to you
    Happy Birthday dear Julie
    Happy Birthday to you!

Duh... you have to sing along too! :drinker: :drinker:

Your age is only a number, make the most of it.

Raymond
  • ctmom1
    ctmom1 Posts: 189
    Options
    Happy birthday Julie! :happy:
  • jabdye
    Options
    Julie..

Happy Birthday to you
    Happy Birthday to you
    Happy Birthday dear Julie
    Happy Birthday to you!

Duh... you have to sing along too! :drinker: :drinker:

Your age is only a number, make the most of it.

Raymond

That's funny -- I sing when I type it -- and sing when I read it!!! :bigsmile:
    As for the number -- never been accused of acting my age -- hope to always have fun! :drinker:

I'm a firm believer that "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, shouting "what a ride!"

Happy Day!!!
  • hessied
    hessied Posts: 460 Member
    Options

I'm a firm believer that "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, shouting "what a ride!"

Right on, Julie! :drinker:

Happy Birthday! Enjoy it to its fullest!
  • ctmom1
    ctmom1 Posts: 189
    Options
    ran 30 minutes today (just less than 3 miles)...first official day of "One Hour Runner" program!
  • Lesli
    Lesli Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    No running for me today. I did the recumbent bike and elliptical.

Have a great day everyone!:flowerforyou:
  • christine918
    christine918 Posts: 261
    Options
    Hey Everybody!:flowerforyou: I did 30 min on the elliptical then ran for 20 min. Then strength training for legs and abs!

Happy Birthday!

Race on Friday! I'm pretty excited! 2nd 5k race ever! (They don't have a lot of races where I live)

Some people at the gym invited me to do the P90X thing. What's that about anyway?
    146230.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • hessied
    hessied Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Hi Gang.

I did 6 miles today pushing my three-year old in the jog stroller. Whew! I forget how tough pushing that thing is!
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    ran about 3 miles this morning
  • duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    No running today. I did ChaLean Extreme Burn Circuit 2.
  • beckyi88
    beckyi88 Posts: 604
    Options
    Hey Everybody!:flowerforyou:

Some people at the gym invited me to do the P90X thing. What's that about anyway?

I'm starting on Monday....
    Jessmomof3 is my on-line coach
    Rainman is working through it as well and I think there are several others who do it.
    They can probably give you more answers than I can.
    It's a body transforming workout series from everything I've read and heard.
    I'm very excited to get started and as always on this board....the other P90Xers have been so helpful already!

Good luck on your race tomorrow. I have my 3rd on Saturday!

Becky
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Tried to do some speed work today on my 5k...pushed really hard and made it for a little over 2 miles at my hard pace, but was pretty much dying by the time I hit 2.5, so I scaled back to a fast walk so as not to give myself an asthma attack. :noway: Not sure if it's because I went too fast too soon, the humidity or a little of both. I'm still pretty proud of what I did. Definitely more than I thought I could. :bigsmile: