Why do women put on makeup and do their hair for the gym???

Options

Replies

• MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    When I go to the gym I am in some yoga pants, tank top, nike's, and hair in a ponytail. When I am working out I don't really care how I look as long as I am cool and comfortable for my workout. What I don't understand is these women who come in to the gym with a full face of makeup, hair all curled, push up bras, and then walk slowly on the treadmill and never break a sweat. I don't get it. These women are attractive enough they don't have to pay for a gym membership and get all dolled up to get attention, I am sure they get it everywhere else too. I understand a little cream for blemishes and a cute messy pony tail but not looking like your going to the club for the night. Hmmm.

It all depends....some people might purposely put makeup on before working out...but some people may be hitting the gym after work. I sometimes come in to work out after work-I don't bother washing my makeup off...I'll just do that when I get home. If I'm going first thing in the morning, I don't put any on because I'll shower after anyway.
  • lauren3382
    lauren3382 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I don't put makeup on to go to the gym, but if it's already on because I was at work that day, totally not a big deal IMO. I very rarely see women at my gym fully made up.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,381 Member
    Options
    :wink: :laugh: :wink: :laugh: :wink: :laugh: MAKE UP IS TOO EXPENSIVE FOR ME TO DO THAT FOR SURE!! :laugh: :laugh: But many use the gym as a pick up place and some days I can look my worse and men go there.
  • stupidloser
    stupidloser Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Because they want to look pretty for whoever they might encounter at the gym.
  • rozsbluejay
    rozsbluejay Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Because they are stupid and think that is the best place to pick up guys. Keep doing what you're doing. :)
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I curl my eye lashes and put mascara on. Because I want to. I also make sure to wear clothes and don't make me look frumpy.
  • maddiey
    maddiey Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    When I go to the gym I am in some yoga pants, tank top, nike's, and hair in a ponytail. When I am working out I don't really care how I look as long as I am cool and comfortable for my workout. What I don't understand is these women who come in to the gym with a full face of makeup, hair all curled, push up bras, and then walk slowly on the treadmill and never break a sweat. I don't get it. These women are attractive enough they don't have to pay for a gym membership and get all dolled up to get attention, I am sure they get it everywhere else too. I understand a little cream for blemishes and a cute messy pony tail but not looking like your going to the club for the night. Hmmm.

1) Sometimes I wear make up to the gym because I go after class, and I don't wash it off lol. And then regret it later because make face will break out :frown: lol
    2) I've learned that a lot of women in the gym just go to get checked out. But really, it's like, we're here to get fit, not get hit on! That's my thought anyways. There is one woman who goes to my gym, and every day, shes does the same routine so nothing is really being improved, but she walks around and sticks her chest out through the free weight section (where most the men are) and just kinda walks around to be looked at. And then she goes to the mats and does this weird thing where she stands on her head and makes her legs go in a bicycle motion... I think just to show off. Because she does it every damn day! I kinda want to tell her to get a life lol
  • Elle408
    Elle408 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I wear make up and have pretty hair because I go right from work, I also wear nice form fitting clothes and like that after all the hard work I've put in I'm getting something out of it. I'd hate to think that people were judging me because of the way that I look whilst working out. Being labelled as 'stupid' and implying it's because they're there to pick up guys is rude and offensive.

I heard someone say this once and think it's appropriate:
    "You do you, and i'll do me."
  • rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I do try and wear something cute.
    I don't put on makeup, cuz well I don't wear make up on a normal day.
    I just make sure my hands (& legs if I'm wearing capris) aren't ashy, my lips aren't chapped, & my hair is in a ponytail or bun.

What really bothers me is when women work out with their hair down.
    Ok if it's in a short style & you can't put it in a pony tail.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I think if it takes looking cute to be comfortable enough to go to the gym, then that's what they should do.
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    Options
    give me an added reason to go lol
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Because girls who care about their appearance get dolled all for where ever they go. Even if its in their own home.
    You'll never know what may happen.

I care about my appearance, obviously, as I work out all the damn time.

But I look good without makeup, so no reason to put it on 'wherever I go'.
  • jyuubi
    jyuubi Posts: 109
    Options
    I wouldn't do my hair up fancy, but I'd probably wear a little bit of eyeliner and lip-gloss. I'm self-conscious most of the time, and I'd especially be around these fit people, and wearing make-up makes me feel better. It's just a personal thing.

However, if they're going to the gym all dolled up and not even making an effort at the same time, I think this is pretty obvious...they're looking to impress the men.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I work out at home but I def wouldn't be wearing makeup to work out. Better them than me...I know girls who put their "face" on to go tanning and one girl whose boyfriend of 5 yrs has never seen her without makeup. She makes a point to get up before him to cake on the plaster. All I can say is "better her than me!" lol
  • razors_girl23
    razors_girl23 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I never wear make up anywhere. The only places I've ever worn it was at a wedding (I was a bridesmaid) and at my school formals. The thought of wearing make up to the gym mystifies me.
  • Hksalex
    Hksalex Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    some eye candy when i'm bored running

a lot of the girls at my gym come dressed in super tight shorts

insanely tight tops (not even a sports bra)
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    The main reason: hot guys lifting weights

I joined a gym 2 years ago (stopped going due to going out of business). I went after work so I had a little bit of make up on, but always wore my hair in a pony tail. I would never go to a gym, put on a push up bra, full on hair, and full on make up with booty shorts and a sports bra on... I'm not that desperate.
  • RunnerFive
    RunnerFive Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    One of my BIGGEST pet peeves is girls who walk on my local trail with their girlfriend, in their yoga pants and workout top, chatting away.... wearing TONS of perfume. When I bike or run by, it's like a wall of "eau de baby prostitute" hits me.

Hate it.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Who cares? I really don't see why people concern themselves so much with what everyone else is wearing or doing. As long as you are not doing anything that prevents me from getting my workout on, then by all means, carry on. Wear what you want, do what you want... it doesn't matter to me. I look like *kitten* at the gym and I don't care. I also don't care that people put a lot of effort into how they look, or that they walk on the treadmill at 2.0 for 10 minutes and call it a day.. (unless I want that damn treadmill to do some speed work or something, LOLZ... no really though that has never happened.) Anyways, to each their own.
  • saustin201
    saustin201 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I've been known to put on a bit of extra makeup to go walking because it makes me feel a bit more feminine instead of a hot sticky mess.