Why do women put on makeup and do their hair for the gym???

Options
15678911»

Replies

• RiannonC
    RiannonC Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I don't bother with foundation at the gym, because I work out hard and I will sweat it off. I do however put on mascara and try to make my hair presentable. I don't see why this is any stranger than putting on make up to go to work or school. I'm not doing it to impress anyone, I just like to feel comfortable with myself and I don't feel comfortable if I look sloppy. I do the same even on days when I'm not going anywhere at all. It takes all of 5 or 10 minutes so why not?
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    People constantly complain about this ****. I never see it. Maybe its because I don't pay attention to girls at the gym - unless they are lifting. Which in my gym is few and far between.

Oh, but I don't usually wear make-up. If I happen to be wearing it before I go to the gym I don't think anything of it.
  • SexyMidnight
    SexyMidnight Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I know what you are talking about no these women arent coming from work they do it just to impress the guys i understand bc it drives me ****ing insane!!!! Idk why they pay money to come flirt with guys it makes no since
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    No clue. If I already have make up on, it's one thing. My mascara starts to run and then my eyes sting from all the sweat dripping down my forehead. Make-up ends up being a nuisance. If I can neat/clean/tidy when I go to the gym, I'm happy. I don't like looking like I just rolled out of bed, but there's no need to waste time primping when I'm going to have to shower and wash my hair afterwards anyways.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    My roommate grew up being told to always leave the house looking presentable, which for her meant a full face of makeup and hair done. Even when going to the gym. It wasn't because of a lack of self confidence or her trying to get a man. That's just how she was raised.
  • kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I bet they do it to see if they can get another thread started on MFP on why they comb their hair and put on make up. Some women like to do that, some women don't care to bother.
    2143661 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    this subject, yea it's been beaten to death.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    I know what you are talking about no these women arent coming from work they do it just to impress the guys i understand bc it drives me ****ing insane!!!! Idk why they pay money to come flirt with guys it makes no since

And how exactly does it affect you?
  • sbernardy
    sbernardy Posts: 188
    Options
    I could care less what everyone else looks like or what they are doing as long as they don't judge me either.. I crawl out of bed at 3:50 and I walk up to the gym (1block away) and I get my groove on... given I have only ran into one other person that was coming in for there 5am work out... But I'm there for me and only me :)
  • heagler870
    heagler870 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym with make up on but only because I go later in the afternoon and I've already gotten ready for the day and done other things. It's not like I care that I have it on or I'm trying to look good. By the end of the workout it's gone anyway
  • TravisBurns
    TravisBurns Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    pshhhh dont you know you're all already beautiful without all that makeup.
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    Why does anyone care?

I go to the gym after work on some days. I don't walk into the gym and wash my face so no one can judge the fact that I have eyeshadow on. I throw my hair up and hit the machines. My makeup has nothing to do with me working out.