Why do women put on makeup and do their hair for the gym???

Options

Replies

• ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I wear a face full of make up, pink pants and a tu-tu. Gives me motivation to move!!...

(plus I like the attention...whats it to ya :D)
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Um... because some people like to look their best wherever. I seriously run my races with makeup on (and it's good make up that stayed on even through my last marathon, though I had to re-apply my lipstick afterward). I'm not doing that to impress the guys, I'm doing that because I like the way it looks and it increases my confidence not to have all my scars showing in what are already gonna be BAD pictures (anyone ever take a GOOD marathon picture, lol).

For everyday gym/running/etc I *most certainly* will do makeup and my "workout earrings" because 9 times out of 10 I am squeezing that workout between meetings or my son's activities, and there's no way I want to show up to the next event looking more raggedy than I need to.

Not everyone who does themselves up at the gym is just there to please others. Some of us are out to please ourselves.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Why do you care and how does it affect you?
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    The bottom line is this...if you still look cute at the end of your workout you didn't train hard enough!!!!

Not always true... my half marathon last month had perfect weather, and I finished 2:10 with no sweat, makeup nicely in place. Thank you very much.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    The bottom line is this...if you still look cute at the end of your workout you didn't train hard enough!!!!

Not always true... my half marathon last month had perfect weather, and I finished 2:10 with no sweat, makeup nicely in place. Thank you very much.

never mind
  • lucythinmint
    Options
    Because I am ugly without duh!

Even if I am working up a sweat around people I do not care about, I do not want to be the "holy cow, did you see her?" chick either. :noway:
  • tretheb
    tretheb Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    It would be a total waste of my time .. cause when i am done working out or running i look like H***.... in triplicate.....
  • bikinisuited
    bikinisuited Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    bump
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    I wear make up to work and if I go to the gym straight from work I'm not gonna bother taking off my make up... I don't wear a massive amount of make up, like it's not as if I go to the gym with red lippy on and loads of eye liner lol, but I wear foundation and I'm self conscious without it, so yeah that's why..

Yup.
    I go after work, so I already have makeup on, I work out then go home and shower, I don't feel the need to carry make up remover with me to the gym or wash it with water and have raccoon eyes while working out.

Sometimes my hair is curled because it was curled for work so I just throw it in a ponytail while I work out.

If ya my day off and I'm just going to the gym then back home I don't put makeup on
  • callmejessica
    callmejessica Posts: 1,868 Member
    Options
    As someone who goes to the gym at night, I see a lot of those girls who wear full makeup. I always assumed that it was just from how they got ready for the day. I have even seen a lady come in with her business attire still on. Some people come straight from work or school (like me) and don't have time (or think it's necessary) to "deface" if you will.

As for those who go during the day or morning, maybe the same could be said. These girls could have just gotten ready in the morning for whatever their day entails, found some time for a quick and easy gym sesh, and want to carry on with their day from the gym without having to get ready all over again.
  • blytheandbonnie
    blytheandbonnie Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    I look like a dude without makeup.

That is, like, a super-power! You could rule the world.
  • misa04
    misa04 Posts: 4
    Options
    I saw my bros girlfriend getting all dolled up to go to the gym, of course complete with black eye liner and lots of it. lol I almost burst out laughing. If I ever wore that..... to the gym... i would have raccoon eyes cause well when i workout I try to build up a sweat. You know give it a little effort. Especially after a cycle class.
  • jordanreddick
    jordanreddick Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I myself go straight from work, I don't wear make-up at all, so that is not a problem, but I do wear shorts and an old t-shirt and throw my hair up. I am not there to impress anyone, I am there to better myself and my body
  • LauraRN88
    LauraRN88 Posts: 46
    Options
    I always wear a bit of waterproof concealer when I go to the gym to cover an blemishes and hide my under eye bags which can be bad if I've been on nights!
  • Icelandic_Saga
    Icelandic_Saga Posts: 2,926 Member
    Options
    My mom used to come home, wash her face, and reapply everything before the gym....never made any sense to me if you are working out hard enough to sweat it off.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    without reading this whole thread, I rarely wear make up. Never to the gym. And personally I think if you are putting it on just to go to the gym, that's a little silly. But whatever.

In a society where such a small percentage of people is actually active, I applaud all who try.
    And as long as you don't hog the leg press for 30 minutes when you are on the phone, I promise not to smirk at your runny make up.
  • Long_and_Lean
    Long_and_Lean Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    gotta chime in on the whole makeup in the gym business.

1. *putting on makeup* to go to the gym = silly
    2. going to the gym with makeup because you *go there straight from work/other event where you were wearing makeup* = totally ok

I am guilty of 2. and that in no way shape means i'm there to impress, pick up guys or whatever. And people that judge because of it can go suck a big one.
  • blueday617
    blueday617 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    gotta chime in on the whole makeup in the gym business.

1. *putting on makeup* to go to the gym = silly
    2. going to the gym with makeup because you *go there straight from work/other event where you were wearing makeup* = totally ok

I am guilty of 2. and that in no way shape means i'm there to impress, pick up guys or whatever. And people that judge because of it can go suck a big one.

This!!! Agree 100%!
  • ohmykai
    ohmykai Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I don't go to the gym here anymore right now, I use the treadmill in my home.. When I use to I went after work so I already had makeup on... If I were going straight from I would just throw my hair up and put on lipgloss at least.
  • edaaff
    edaaff Posts: 15
    Options
    Look good for the men that they are getting in shape for in the first place
    Let's be real.