Women who don't accept male friend requests

Options

Replies

• asia_hanebach
    asia_hanebach Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Of course it is no ones business!

So are a lot of the questions asked on the message boards. Still there is nothing wrong with the OP asking a question about something she is curious about.

Thank you!! I didn't mean to be rude or anything, I was just wondering if there was a reason for this that I was missing out on
  • asia_hanebach
    asia_hanebach Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Of course it is no ones business!

So are a lot of the questions asked on the message boards. Still there is nothing wrong with the OP asking a question about something she is curious about.

She already outed herself several times of not just being curious by trying to force her standards of support on the rest of us. Because she has no problem having male friends on here, she thinks the rest of us shouldn't either. This was a why don't you do the same thing I do thread disguised as an innocent question. She's shown us that in her follow up responses.

Not at all actually. I don't care if people want to limit their friends to blonde lesbians that are 5 feet tall. Do what you like. I just think that people are cutting out a lot of opportunities for great friends by refusing to accept male friends. I've replied with my opinion, but I don't see how I've been "trying to force my standards of support" at all. Obviously I don't see a problem with having male friends on here, nor could I imagine personally being in a situation where I would have a problem with male friends. If I could understand that position, I wouldn't have ever had the original question.
  • MoreThanMommie
    MoreThanMommie Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I've been on here since the beginning of Feb. and have never gotten a friend request from a male, creepy or otherwise. Mostly the things some males say that might be offensive I fine humorous. :ohwell:
  • QueenKatherineElizabeth
    Options
    I had accepted a male friend on here but he kept putting up conceded statutes about himself. deleted him. I'm not here to tell him he looks good 24/7. blah.
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    How come creepy guys don't hit on me? Is it because I spam my friends with updates about my boyfriend and his jiggly belly? I want someone to look at my pictures and then send me creepy comments about how good I look. WHERE ARE THESE CREEPS YOU PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT!?
  • Calipalm
    Calipalm Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Glad I came across this! The first time I got a male friend request I wasn't sure what to do, In the end i declined his request. Personally out of respect for my husband. Also because I am on here for me, and the friends ive chosen to add or accept are ones who I have similiar stats with, or are moms like me. I have no interest to befriend male users on here, my husband is my manly support and really all I need!. If i have reall life guy friend use mfp then of course i would add them :) I now have 1 guy friend who seems very supportive to his friends, and as long as respect is kept and no creepy comments show up I will leave him :)
  • DBiddle69
    DBiddle69 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Out of respect for my husband - although he wouldn't mind & also because I really just want female friends.

exactly!! and yes i think its wierd when i get requests from men who ONLY (or the very LARGE majority) of friends on their lists are females.

once i did have had a creep (male) REPEATEDLY send me a friend request. i kept declining and he kept sending over and over again. at least 5 times.

I am one of those who have a large majority of women....I have two male friends on mine...but it is only because they are the only two males that have ever sent friend requests out to me. It is nothing intentional...I just so happens that comments made by the women, or the locations they are from/have been to is why I selected them as friends. Mine have mostly been for the comments as they show similarities in my likes.

Wow what a creep...I would have stopped after the fourth time being declined....just kidding! :laugh:
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    I absolutely don't accept men's friend requests. Come to think of it, I don't accept women either.:glasses:
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I absolutely don't accept men's friend requests. Come to think of it, I don't accept women either.:glasses:

Anyone else find the irony that she has her cat as her avatar? :laugh:
  • crazytreelady
    crazytreelady Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Quite a few of them added me without a message and when I asked what I could help them do, they hit on me.
    There are a few that are really looking for motivation though!
  • MFPAddict
    Options
    Quite a few of them added me without a message and when I asked what I could help them do, they hit on me.
    There are a few that are really looking for motivation though!

Having you on my FL would be motivation enough for me. :tongue:
  • kvissy
    kvissy Posts: 205 Member
    Options

boys have cooties?

and they sweat.

Girls don't sweat. They glow.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options

boys have cooties?

and they sweat.

Exactly :)
  • antoniosmooth
    antoniosmooth Posts: 299 Member
    Options

boys have cooties?

and they sweat.

Exactly :)

I tell my wife it's so incredibly sexy and a turn on when she sweats....
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Ladies...I have a fiancee who I love deeply. I get flirtatious from time to time but that's my Brazilian side, I'd never act on it. I'm sorry, but I just can't do it...

That being said: post some pictures of steak, bacon, or a good Pulled Pork Sammich, and I will stalk the HELL out of your pictures.

Yes it will be repeated
    Yes it will get weird
    Yes it will be creepy
    Yes you will get single word private messages saying 'MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM'
    Yes you may read on the news how a man died for trying to eat his computer monitor

So...fair warning.
  • blueeyedcristi
    blueeyedcristi Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Ladies...I have a fiancee who I love deeply. I get flirtatious from time to time but that's my Brazilian side, I'd never act on it. I'm sorry, but I just can't do it...

That being said: post some pictures of steak, bacon, or a good Pulled Pork Sammich, and I will stalk the HELL out of your pictures.

Yes it will be repeated
    Yes it will get weird
    Yes it will be creepy
    Yes you will get single word private messages saying 'MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM'
    Yes you may read on the news how a man died for trying to eat his computer monitor

So...fair warning.

I think anyone posting pics of steak, bacon or pulled pork should definitely be considered a tease.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options

Loving your pet is ironic next to collecting up a bunch of strangers? Ironic=friends (that you don't even know)
  • MFPAddict
    Options

Loving your pet is ironic next to collecting up a bunch of strangers? Ironic=friends (that you don't even know)

I didn't think you would find the irony in it.

As for collecting a bunch for strangers, that is not something I have ever done here or any other social networking site. I make new friends.
  • ryn013
    ryn013 Posts: 116
    Options
    Girls and guys go through completely different mind sets and what not when losing weight/building muscle.
  • MFPAddict
    Options
    Girls and guys go through completely different mind sets and what not when losing weight/building muscle.

You don't have to share the same mindset with someone in order to support them or receive their support.