Women who don't accept male friend requests

Options

Replies

• HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    Girls and guys go through completely different mind sets and what not when losing weight/building muscle.

You don't have to share the same mindset with someone in order to support them or receive their support.
    This...
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I have plenty of men and women on my friends list. However, I'm much more likely to accept a younger female (someone closer to my age) who sends me a blank friend request than a blank request from a 40-50 year old man. It makes me wonder why they're even adding me, especially without a message.

I usually only send out requests to girls too, usually if they've already had great results (for inspiration) or if we have similar goals.

I have great friends on here from all ages, some of my most supportive friends are older males (by older I just mean a good 15-20 years older than myself, or sometimes more) and it's nice to have a variety of friends, but I get why people might not be interested in that and I don't see why it should be a big deal.
  • WingMan380
    WingMan380 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time buying the "respect for my spouse" bull *kitten* especially when you go onto threads and they are talking to other guys. I mean come on. In the real world do you only talk and associate with people of your same sex??? Get real.
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time buying the "respect for my spouse" bull *kitten* especially when you go onto threads and they are talking to other guys. I mean come on. In the real world do you only talk and associate with people of your same sex??? Get real.
    LIKE (thumbs up)
  • gmgburton
    gmgburton Posts: 11
    Options
    a lot of you girls are hilarious !!!! as a husband and a father I can understand everyone's point of view ... but why post pictures if you don't want someone to see you? everyone is on here for support or to give support and their weight loss journey.... Well, almost everyone ...
  • WingMan380
    Options
    :huh:
  • ryliejaiden
    ryliejaiden Posts: 68
    Options
    I don't accept guys because women and men lose weight differently, so its hard to relate to them a lot of the time.
    Also, it's kind of a privacy thing. I think I would feel a little uncomfortable with males on my list. I know I would definitely censor certain posts if I had male friends. For me, it's almost like having a unisex locker room. It's fine, but a little uncomfortable. I wish I could hit, "accept" to every male request that I get, but for now I'm keeping it to ladies.

Only accepting females because you are in a relationship seems silly to me. I am in a serious monogamous relationship with my live in boyfriend and I wouldn't think it inappropriate to add a man because of that. I mean, its a fitness website, its not a dating/flirting/hookup site. If you're in a real, loving, respectful, trusting relationship, it shouldn't be a problem. But that's just in my case, everyone's different.
  • SorchaRavenlock
    SorchaRavenlock Posts: 220 Member
    Options

I agree.
    I respect my husband by accepting that he has both male and female friends, and vice versa. Disrespectful would be flirting with another man. Sharing recipes and weight loss experiences with the opposite sex however... how on earth is that disrespectful? Unless you are really insecure of your relationship and don't have a foundation of trust, it shouldn't matter whom your other half talks to.
  • WingMan380
    Options
    I agree.
    I respect my husband by accepting that he has both male and female friends, and vice versa. Disrespectful would be flirting with another man. Sharing recipes and weight loss experiences with the opposite sex however... how on earth is that disrespectful? Unless you are really insecure of your relationship and don't have a foundation of trust, it shouldn't matter whom your other half talks to.
    My wife and I both are on here and we both have males and females on our list. We have several friends in common. However I am kinda selective on the females that I ask to be my friends, I like to have something in common with the people I make friends with. I do not add females just becaues they are cute, that would be disrespectful to my wife. All of my friends know I am married and all of my wife's friends know she is married. I try to support everyone on my friends list and I enjoy the support I recieve from the guys and gals.
  • dontwantausername1
    dontwantausername1 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I don't accept male friend request. Men lose weight quicker than girls do; so I don't want to see that. Also, we girls post about our TOMs and cramps and whatnot. I don't want a guy to see that. I don't know how to write on my profile, so I get request from them. Some think that my profile picture is me (it's not) and write telling me I'm hot and want to be friends; I don't need that when trying to lose weight. It isn't motivating. I have nothing against guys at all, but I'd rather have people in the same boat as me. With all girl friends, our fluctuations are similar and if we are up a couple pounds up on a random day, we can better help each other to understand as our bodies work the same way. Same goes for exercise; we girls don't lift like guys do.
  • dontwantausername1
    Options
    Girls and guys go through completely different mind sets and what not when losing weight/building muscle.

You don't have to share the same mindset with someone in order to support them or receive their support.
    This...

Sorry, but I'd want the same mind set.
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    boys have cooties?
    [/quote]

Nicely played :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • ScientistStudy
    ScientistStudy Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    It wouldn't even cross my mind that my bf might have a problem with it. This is a fitness site, not a dating site! I don't see what the problem is with having male friends on here.
  • WingMan380
    Options
    It wouldn't even cross my mind that my bf might have a problem with it. This is a fitness site, not a dating site! I don't see what the problem is with having male friends on here.
    ^^ This
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    Strange dudes on the internet sending you friend requests? Yeah, no. Sort of like, when I was looking for a place to live when I was in college, I specifically looked for women-only houses to share. I feel safer being surrounded by strange women than I do being surrounded by strange men. That's not to say I actually am safer, but I feel that way.
  • dontwantausername1
    Options
    Strange dudes on the internet sending you friend requests? Yeah, no. Sort of like, when I was looking for a place to live when I was in college, I specifically looked for women-only houses to share. I feel safer being surrounded by strange women than I do being surrounded by strange men. That's not to say I actually am safer, but I feel that way.

This. I totally, 100%, agree.
  • DaSavedSinner
    DaSavedSinner Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I have guy friends, but I wonder if sometimes ladies don't accept requests from guys out of respect for their relationship? If my hubby was uncomfortable with my guy friends they'd be deleted. I'm glad he doesn't mind since they're all pretty awesome. :)

Sounds reasonable. I honestly would have no idea since I am not the average guy...not that that is a good thing (in my opinion). I am a "nice guy" that ALWAYS puts others feelings before my own even if its a complete stranger. I have literally been dumped by a woman that was in her words "used to being treated like crap" and unable to handle a guy treating her with respect. That was confusing but oh well. Not ALL guys are your typical stereotype, some us are overlooked on a daily basis due to the people we are nice to (family, friends,.....spouse) get used to it and stop noticing. I think everyone deserves a chance to be a friend, In life or online. Just my view.
  • sel254
    sel254 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I'll accept both sexes but will delete people who aren't active when my friends list gets too uncontrollable. I like to support my friends on here and need to keep my list "managable" so that I can interact with the people who are taking things as seriously as I am and reciprocating the support I give them :)
  • WingMan380
    Options
    I don't accept male friend request. Men lose weight quicker than girls do; so I don't want to see that. Also, we girls post about our TOMs and cramps and whatnot. I don't want a guy to see that. I don't know how to write on my profile, so I get request from them.
    Click on "My Profile" and then beside you profile pic you click "Edit Profile"

Some think that my profile picture is me (it's not) and write telling me I'm hot and want to be friends;
    With the face blacked out one would only come to the conclusion it is you. I did.

I have nothing against guys at all, but I'd rather have people in the same boat as me. With all girl friends, our fluctuations are similar and if we are up a couple pounds up on a random day, we can better help each other to understand as our bodies work the same way. Same goes for exercise; we girls don't lift like guys do.
    I totally understand. The females who are on my friends list, when they post their exercise and the cal burn is not as high as what I could have done, I still support them and tell them they did a great job. There are females on my friends list who have kicked my *kitten* in excercise and I give them a big round of applause.

Please understand, I am not trying to argue with you. As you have presented your point, I am just presenting mine and I totally respect your decision to only have female friends.
  • dontwantausername1
    Options
    totally understand. The females who are on my friends list, when they post their exercise and the cal burn is not as high as what I could have done, I still support them and tell them they did a great job. There are females on my friends list who have kicked my *kitten* in excercise and I give them a big round of applause.

Please understand, I am not trying to argue with you. As you have presented your point, I am just presenting mine and I totally respect your decision to only have female friends.

I didn't think you were trying to argue with me at all :). Thank you for telling me how to change my profile!