What is the deal with faceless body part profile pics?

Options

Replies

• emmamcblain
    emmamcblain Posts: 342
    Options
    Strange,I get a lot of requests to not post mine but I ignore them.:smile:

Hey,wait a minute! :angry:

Gotta admit, I laughed. :')
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    i am proud to be a hairy girl! i shouldn't have to slighly mutilate my apperance just because thats society's standard of beauty. i am beautiful.
    Shaving hair is mutilating your appearance? Do you get your hair cut? Wouldn't that be the same practice of, um, mutilation?
    Amen. To each his own, hairy or not. Sheesh.
    I agree. She isn't hurting anyone by not shaving. It's not like she goes around with her arms held up in the air all day, flashing her armpits at people, upsetting them. Lol. I assume she bathes regularly and wears deodorant (or at least has some way of getting rid of body odor if she is allergic to or does not believe in deodorant) ...
    And by the same token, she doesn't need to criticize folks that do cut their hair.
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    And by the same token, she doesn't need to criticize folks that do cut their hair.

I did not interpret her post as a crticism of others. She was simply stating she feels it is a form of mutilating her appearance.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    <
    some people prefer to highlight something they are proud of in an artistic way.

this

Is that a hairy armpit you are showing off in an artistic way?

Yeaaah....it looks like a hairy armpit..;(
    why sad face?

Why do you think?
    not sure? thats why i asked. i am proud to be a hairy girl! i shouldn't have to slighly mutilate my apperance just because thats society's standard of beauty. i am beautiful.

Shaving hair is mutilating your appearance? Do you get your hair cut? Wouldn't that be the same practice of, um, mutilation?
    acctually no, i don't. i have dreadlocks.

actually, that's good to hear. I love consistency. Bravo.
  • Marla64
    Options

I did not interpret her post as a crticism of others. She was simply stating she feels it is a form of mutilating her appearance.

agreed.
  • sapalee
    sapalee Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the great responses! Some of them hilarious. I have to admit I didn't read them all though, I got on this morning and was shocked when it said how many replies!
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    That will cost you 2500+ tokens (which is about $25+)

Chuck E Cheese has a much better deal on tokens!
    Lol this isn't a cheesy kid's place, hun :wink:
  • Marla64
    Options
    i am proud to be a hairy girl! i shouldn't have to slighly mutilate my apperance just because thats society's standard of beauty. i am beautiful.

I agree. She isn't hurting anyone by not shaving. It's not like she goes around with her arms held up in the air all day, flashing her armpits at people, upsetting them. Lol. I assume she bathes regularly and wears deodorant (or at least has some way of getting rid of body odor if she is allergic to or does not believe in deodorant) ...
    thank you!

to be clear-- I personally don't care how hairy anyone is. It's not "my" particular view of "feminine hygiene," but that's my view. I was simply trying to take your statement to the next logical level. If removing hair under your pits is self mutilation, did that philosophy also mean you abstained from cutting your hair.

to your credit, your position was consistent. I detest inconsistency and/or hypocrisy. I'm gratified to learn in this situation you're neither inconsistent nor hypocritical.

I may disagree with your view of beauty, but that's no different than some people wearing makeup while others go fresh-scrubbed--
  • MFPAddict
    Options

The only thing cheesy about Chuck's is the yummy pizza!

I wish you well with your site that charges for tokens, but do you have any idea how many websites there are out there with FREE content?
  • HorrorChix89
    Options

The only thing cheesy about Chuck's is the yummy pizza!

I wish you well with your site that charges for tokens, but do you have any idea how many websites there are out there with FREE content?
    OMG don't talk about their pizza! There's a Chuck E Cheese's connected in the same row as my gym...bad zone planning on their part...

And yes I know that you can easily go to free sites. But I'm on a site with 1000s other people (men, women, trannys, couples) from all over the world. You can do free shows or you can tease people until the cough off the cash. I sometimes end up doing free shows cause I get tired of waiting around for the pay'ers to get online. Most of the time the tippers will give a few tokens if they "like what they see". All depends on who's watching and who actually has money to spend.
  • Farfourah
    Farfourah Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    <
    some people prefer to highlight something they are proud of in an artistic way.

this

Is that a hairy armpit you are showing off in an artistic way?

Yeaaah....it looks like a hairy armpit..;(
    why sad face?

Why do you think?
    not sure? thats why i asked. i am proud to be a hairy girl! i shouldn't have to slighly mutilate my apperance just because thats society's standard of beauty. i am beautiful.

You obviously were at the very least kinda sure....

no, not at all. you're just confusing me at this point.
    i'm guessing your disgusted with me?
    why not be disgusted with men then? they have much more hair than i do. but then again it's socially accepted for them to be hairy.

I am disgusted with hairy men....
  • MFPAddict
    Options

You like your man to be completely bald all over?
  • HorrorChix89
    Options
    Had an ex with so much leg hair that when it got wet, it looked like his legs was jet black. I mean you could actually comb through it! So yeah, men could at least trim up
  • Farfourah
    Farfourah Posts: 899 Member
    Options

You like your man to be completely bald all over?

Sure, something like that.
  • VegGoddess
    VegGoddess Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    i'm not criticizing anybody. i just don't think women should feel like the HAVE to shave just to feel attractive just because that's what our culture says is acceptable. we are all born with body hair, why is it gross? it's hair.
  • VegGoddess
    VegGoddess Posts: 81 Member
    Options

thank you! :heart:
  • sapalee
    sapalee Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    i've gone furry pits for times in the past, mostly in the winter. I work summers in a bathing suit so it wasn't really a good option at work, proud or not. It's just a little patch, gets so soft, need less deodorant, and no razor bump! My hubby actually kinda dug it, some guys are surprised that they like it.
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    <---manscapes.
  • RainAndPain
    Options
    Some people prefer to stay anonymous. My picture is faceless right now.. but it's because I'm focusing on my body for now.
  • DarkNebula84
    DarkNebula84 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Put my grill on here

You're gorgeous, sorry..Just had to say!