BLACK TEAM WEEK 3

Options

Replies

• 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,760 Member
    Options
    Renae- it's good to have others that think like us, it makes us realize we're not totally insane. :tongue:

Shuntae- woo hoo! Just excited cause I finally spelled your name without looking to make sure it was right! Also, great job on resisting those sweets. It's hard, you did great and you WILL have a ticker that looks like Andrew. I know you were being nice and letting him get his first. Right? You and Roni will be sporting one of those 100 pound bad boys before you know it.
  • laniirvin
    laniirvin Posts: 94
    Options
    Oh, this should be an interesting challenge, since my morning ritual is to pee, strip and jump on the scale like clock work. I don't eat breakfast till I do so. This will be a hard one to do. I will have the hubby hide the scale! Congrats to everyone for their accomplishments last week!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Sorry Marla, I should have made myself more clear. :wink: :wink: I should have said, "your quirkiness (except Marla)" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Your quirkiness is not what caused me to spit water out of my nose last night while reading your post regarding Nacho and how you wished you were a horse.....:laugh:

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Okay, so i ran on the treadmill today & it felt GREAT!!!! I made it 2.25 miles so Week 6, Day 3 of Couch to 5k is in the bag. WOO! Now, I need to decide if the rest is physical that I can't make it any further or mental. I'm thinking it is mental....Might try for 3 by Friday. YAY!

Shuntae - WOO girl! Way to stay away from the nasties! :heart:

Hello to everyone else! Hope your weigh-ins were better than mine!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Okay, so i ran on the treadmill today & it felt GREAT!!!! I made it 2.25 miles so Week 6, Day 3 of Couch to 5k is in the bag. WOO! Now, I need to decide if the rest is physical that I can't make it any further or mental. I'm thinking it is mental....Might try for 3 by Friday. YAY!

Sara!!!!!!

You can do it
    You can do it
    If you set your mind to it
    Buckle down
    Buckle down
    Do it
    Do it
    Do it!!!

(sorry-- I was a cheerleader for one pathetic year when the grade school team was desperate-- :wink: )
  • 72lori
    Options
    Beans- way to go! You are probaby right, mental toughness plays part in this running stuff. I have never run over 2 miles. I told myself once I can run a 10 minute mile I'll work on running 3 miles. I'm running 11 minute miles now and the second that treadmill says 2 miles I start pushing the speed down button! It's not like I'm ready to keel over or anything. You can do it girl.
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,938 Member
    Options

Fantastic job!!!! Cute AV by the way!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Thanks, ladies!

Lori - My one mile was 9:30. I was thrilled with myself! I dialed back to a 10 minute mile for the rest, though. I know I could have gone further. I just KNOW it. It's all in my head & that annoys me more than not being able to *physically* do it, ya know?

Marla - The grade school must have been REALLY desperate. LOL Thanks, lady! I'll put that cheer in my head to use whilst I run.

Kati - Thank you, my dear! That's T's "bring it" face. :laugh:
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    It looks like I am on the losing train again. Down another 1.4 pounds and 1.6 pounds away from the weight I was when I met my hubs.

Took my first test in math and failed miserably!:laugh: oh well!!!

Should have results up later.
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    It looks like I am on the losing train again. Down another 1.4 pounds and 1.6 pounds away from the weight I was when I met my hubs.

Good job on the weight loss, Sam!

If you ever need help with math, PM me! I'm kinda good for somethin'. :wink:
  • Girlmom282109
    Options

Good job on the weight loss, Sam!

If you ever need help with math, PM me! I'm kinda good for somethin'. :wink:

Thanks.

Hubs said he was good at math too!:laugh:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Math is something one can be "good" at, but teaching it is a whole other ball game. I might be able to help you! Maybe. :embarassed:
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    Math is something one can be "good" at, but teaching it is a whole other ball game. I might be able to help you! Maybe. :embarassed:

Hopefully chapter 3 won't be so bad so far so good! If I have a question I sure will ask you.
  • Girlmom282109
    Options
    Did my measurements today as well and I have lost .5 inches in my neck(looks like more) 8 inches in my waist(looks like less:grumble: ) and 4 inches in my hips. I guess I'm doin alright! I can't wait to go up to NY and show my family that I have lost all this weight plus some. None of them have seen me under what I weighed when I met my hubby. (except when I was a kid)
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Did my measurements today as well and I have lost .5 inches in my neck(looks like more) 8 inches in my waist(looks like less:grumble: ) and 4 inches in my hips. I guess I'm doin alright! I can't wait to go up to NY and show my family that I have lost all this weight plus some. None of them have seen me under what I weighed when I met my hubby. (except when I was a kid)

Way to go Sam! :flowerforyou: That is so awesome! You show them that you are the poo girl!! :bigsmile: (and not poo on the scale like some! lol!!)
  • nicolet04
    nicolet04 Posts: 830
    Options
    hey black team!!! u guys r all doing awesome! i love the new challenge, i was actually thinking i needed to quit weighing myself cause i get on the scale atleast twice a day. no weightloss for me again...its been like 2 months and im starting to go nuts!!!

i dont get on and post much once it starts to get nice out, cause i feel like it takes up too much time. i am following the challenges and i do log all my food. u guys r all so awesome, keep it up!
  • 72lori
    Options
    Beans- you are moving pretty good to be doing a mile in 9:30- at least in my eyes! Way to go. I know there are people that run much faster miles, I personally will most likely NOT be one of them. I think a 10 minute mile is honorable so that's where I'm headed. If I can cut time off of that, it was meant to be!

Sam- way to go on inches lost. I love, love, love measuring day. It's so much more fun than the scale! Especially when you see those awesome numbers from where you started to now.
  • krhbutte
    krhbutte Posts: 246
    Options

That's AWESOME!!! You need to have a camera in hand to take a picture of their response..:noway: :noway: !!! That's always so much fun:wink:
  • Girlmom282109
    Options

That's AWESOME!!! You need to have a camera in hand to take a picture of their response..:noway: :noway: !!! That's always so much fun:wink:

I should!! Hubs has lost a ton of weight too. The skinny brother is now the same as the other older brother and now hubs is the skinny one. There are 4 boys all together hubs is the oldest then 2 years apart then another 2 years then 12years. the youngest weighs almost as much at hubs does now. He's 15. So sad! I can't wait for them to see him too!
  • 72lori
    Options
    Sam, has the family seen pictures? Do they know how much you've lost. Wow! They will be so surprised! Fun. Gives you something to look forward to.