Do you ever lie to your food log ??

Options

Replies

• jaqiswany
    jaqiswany Posts: 76
    Options
    Theres only me that sees it so theres no point really, I like to log everything then even if ive gone over i can see where i went wrong
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I log it all, no matter how bad, so I can remember why I gained that pound- so I hopefully learn from it

This is how I remind myself almost every day to stop drinking that latte.
  • michelleepotter
    michelleepotter Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I don't see any point in lying. It's not like anyone is standing over my shoulder, reading my log, and gonna ream me out for eating something I shouldn't. The point of the log is to keep track for myself. I do sometimes put in my best guess if I don't have any way to find the actual calories in something.

However, I do give myself a break from counting sometimes. On date nights with my husband, once I start drinking I don't count anything. To me, the idea of trying to keep track of every drink -- especially once I start to get tipsy -- would be making me a slave to calorie counting in a way that I don't see being able to sustain in the long term. The personal trainer who has been advising me agreed with this plan, so I'm happy with it. :)
  • luv_ly01
    luv_ly01 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    i don't lie. if i am unsure about something i will over estimate the calories and not factor in my exercise. when i am having a really bad day i just don't log...which is actually a problem. i work out with a trainer who checks my logs. so, i don't bother lying because the truth is revealed on the scale anyway.
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    whats the point of logging if you arent totally honest? I admit I may forget things every now and again but to make sure I am doing the best for me I log it all.
  • Woooolywool
    Woooolywool Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I don't track every little thing like I used to...like if I were to grab a handful of cereal just to ease hunger pangs. It keeps me feeling sane and happy, and stops me from becoming anxious and nervous from obsessing. People need to chill a little more.
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    It doesn't matter even if I do lie, my body keeps a much more accurate log whether I write it down or not!

^^^ that is the BEST QUOTE I think I've ever heard~ and I am now adopting it as my mantra.
  • manda1002
    manda1002 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I don't lie, but I forget. I don't have an iphone, so I can't just quickly get to my app and add stuff in. I usually try to write down on paper or remember what I've had, but I'm human. I'm forgetful. I'm not going to remember every spice I use or every condiment I use. And I'm notorious for waking up in the morning and going "shoot, I forgot to close out my diary...I'll try to remember today"

Otherwise, I do my best to remember. But lie, I don't.
  • Gelsomino511
    Options
    I never lie, unless I go on a binge. Then I accept that I was over, and I don't post it into my food log.
    (I started losing weight really unhealthily, [very low-cal], and now my body is still trying to compensate for it)
  • kardsharp
    kardsharp Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    The good the bad and the ugly! I log it!
  • lorenzoinlr
    lorenzoinlr Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I had the toughest day this year on Thursday after going to Fleming's and let myself go. My friends and I were pigs. It was tough logging everything in but I did it. Why detract from the value of the process? I want to learn as much as I can about myself and cause/effect. Manipulating things just makes our efforts less effective.
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I log the good and the bad. If I don't measure I log it as a little higher to make sure. Its better to think your over but be under than other way around
  • lisadlocks
    lisadlocks Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Yes I log the good, the bad and the ugly. When I eat out and have something decadent that I can't find exactly, I look up a Paula Deene entry. It will cover the extra fat and sodium I have eaten and then some. I even go back and log stuff that I forget and remember later. At the end of the day, I deserve the truth. I have lived the lie all this time about my weight and what I ate to get there. Now that I am losing the weight, I DESERVE SOME HONESTY!
  • ScarletShopaholic
    ScarletShopaholic Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I log everything that eat but I don't log my drinks. I drink a lot of water but also maybe 4 to 6 cups of tea per day with a tiny bit of skimmed milk and maybe a diet orange drink - one most days - It's just because I can't be bothered, not because I'm cheating. My body and the scales tell me if I'm cheating or not.
  • thepanttherlady
    thepanttherlady Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I did go a weekend without logging anything but other than that, I log as accurately as possible. Even if it means I go over my calories (which at least once a week is purposely).

If I realize I forgot to add something, or that I'm logging 1 tbs of peanut butter instead of 2 because one day I only ate 1/2 the serving size, I do go back and add or correct my log.

Why lie? You shouldn't take the praise if you can't take the scolding. :)
  • moonsforeyes
    Options
    never, and my diary is private! If I binge eat, I want to know the damage I did so I can learn from it. Pretending it never happened doesn't do any good. Make peace with food!
  • YummyTpn
    YummyTpn Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I think many people do it (I have done it) and I think it's a great example of how very funny humans can be...

We join a website to track what we're putting in our mouths, and the vast majority of us are doing this in order to lose weight and gain the benefits of a healthier lifestyle.

So really, we are doing it for OURSELVES, and yes, while we are part of a community here, and some of us share our diaries, is it still ultimately being done for our own bad selves.

Then, we turn around and lie to ourselves, like if we don't log something, we're pulling a fast one. All we do, though, is cheat ourselves, noone else, and work to potentially sabotage, or work against, the very changes we are committed to making.

Isn't human nature wonderful? Never stops being entertaining!
  • nammer79
    nammer79 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    i sometimes put what i expect to eat if I have to get it ion before 12 midnight but I always go back and fix it ... why lie its for my records my friends are there to support me but they can't do that if I'm not honest
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I try not to lie or cheat myself, however, if I have a huge, horrible meal form a restaurant, if I can't find something similar in the database, I do a quick add for the calories. My greasy fattening chinese take out last night? Quick add 800. Ugh. That's about all though. I find it's helpful NOT to lie, because when you see you go over, I mentally prepare myself for a smaller day the following day.
  • ozzra8
    ozzra8 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I would think that we all are here to better ourselves. What would be the point of lying to yourself? If I put it in my mouth.. it's getting logged. That way I can look back and see where my mistakes were made and I can decided if they were worth it or not. I had a big cheat day yesterday and the day before and I logged it all down.