Do you ever lie to your food log ??

Options

Replies

• BanjoKd
    BanjoKd Posts: 150
    Options
    Yes, I sometimes add more serving if I'm not sure, and take away exercise calories if they seem to high.

Is that lying?

This
  • Samifly
    Samifly Posts: 1
    Options
    lol I know what you mean. I do the same thing but only with small things. I just find it would be too tedious to log the 1 serving creamers they have at the office and stuff like that.
  • klfiggins
    Options
    I have found myself confused if I am logging the food correctly because I have found some bogus stuff in the system. But, the fact remains that, like another user stated, we are only lying to ourselves. Truth is, I really CARE what I eat so I try to find the most accurate food listing that I can or add one in, myself.

I guess if I am lying, I will start gaining instead!
  • SoozeE512
    SoozeE512 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I try to make my food log as accurate as possible; otherwise I would splurge far more than I already do and not bother to work nearly as hard....and basically end right back up where I was when I started. Maybe once I reach my goals, I'll go more leniently on my logging, but for the journey, seeing my weaknesses and working to beat them back is what I need to do to hold myself accountable.
  • cbh142
    cbh142 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I overestimate sometimes. some foods you just don't know if it's accurate. My mom gave me a piece of homemade zucchini bread. Now how do you go about that? I just look up in the database and try to figure out the best I can. There are some things I do not log like coffee and diet tea or pop.
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Nope. I am sometimes, ashamed of some of the foods i eat, but it all goes on there... i feel this is the one site where i CAN be honest about what i eat and i have a good support system in my MFP buddies.
    Even if i didnt have friends or support, the fact that everyone can see my diary each day is enough accountability for me to reign in my greediness...coz lordy be...i loves me my numnums!
  • jillthemom
    jillthemom Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Never lie....what is the point?
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    i don't lie . I didn't want to log the Hostess Ding dongs I just had. :sad: The lifting left me ravenous today. I sure didn't like it saying if every day was like today I would gain 2 pounds BUT I know every day won't be like that. I'll take a walk tomorrow or something.
  • muwchck
    muwchck Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Not on purpose, but I'm sure I've forgotten a thing or 2 while I've been out of the house. Now I will overestimate my calories and underestimate my burns sometimes. I figure it's better for me to have the cousin if need be.
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    i do not lie on my food log, why bother ? i know what i ate, so why lie to myself ?
    doesn't make any since to me ..lol

even when i have 3,000 calorie days , its all logged
  • rachel4
    rachel4 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I too have lied like a rug LOL! or I just don't log for the rest of the night,
    so if a coworker pops up and says "YOU MUST TRY THIS CAKE" I won't be rude and say no, but I also won't try to think of all the ingredients..

sometimes too if i have 1000 calories left for the day i just try to GAUGE that I'm close in the ballpark :D

*whew* glad I'm not alone, and i got that off my chest :)
  • Get_Me_Fit
    Options
    Sometimes i catch myself about to lie, but i realize that even if i dont log it, doesnt mean i didnt eat it.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    No matter what your diary says, your body knows what you ate and did. You can lie to yourself, but your body won't.
  • Breezedew
    Breezedew Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I tell myself that I'm not going to log this or that.... it's not that big of a deal... multiple times a day...

But then I remember, that's how I got this FAT, ignoring everything I put in my mouth. I still watch my mom lie about what she eats.. Sad!

So far I've logged everything, literally every little bite! I swear, sometimes it's like I have to close my eyes and add it really fast because it hurts, especially when I'm over in calories... But I always feel better once I get it logged.

I notice that I quit taking bites of my kids food and nibbles here and there because it's to much of a pain to log!

BUT.... I have picked the lower calorie choice in the database before. Like eating at our local tiny diner and not finding it in the database. I look it up another way and when I find 4 "like" meals, I have picked the lower or mid calorie one.
  • smplycomplicated
    smplycomplicated Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I don't. I feel i'm only cheating myself if i do. I log my food when i can. there are days that i forget, but if i don't log it here i have it written down in my book. I give myself cheat days when i need it. And if i want something not so good for me i make sure i have the extra calories to spare and i just put a lil more umph in the next workout.
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    My food log isn't my ex - it isn't going to hit me if I'm not perfect. So I have no fear of being imperfect here. I can be honest.

And that, my friends, is an NSV!!!!!

Thanks. I hadn't thought of that before. :bigsmile:
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    The only times I haven't logged were on my birthday last year, and I think Christmas. Otherwise the only stuff I've skipped is stuff I figured I burned off with exercise anyway so I was just too lazy. But if I were to actually count, I think I've been doing this so long I'm pretty good at estimating :) but skipping a bad day is like ignoring it happened! I like (well... Actually dislike) being able to see how awful it was so I can NOT do it again!
  • Chrystibel
    Chrystibel Posts: 116
    Options
    reminds me, I forgot to log that I gulped down some of my husband's coke when he wasn't looking, ooops ;)
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    My food log isn't my ex - it isn't going to hit me if I'm not perfect. So I have no fear of being imperfect here. I can be honest.

I'm sorry about your past.

:flowerforyou:
  • smplycomplicated
    smplycomplicated Posts: 484 Member
    Options

Awesome :D