Do you ever lie to your food log ??

Options

Replies

• betherzsfa
    Options
    No lying. No point to it! I don't want to fool myself...
  • TheWinman
    TheWinman Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    I never lie on my food log. It's only cheating myself. Yeah, it's hard not to as I do get tempted to skip logging a snack or something that is not healthy to eat, especially since I have an open diary to my friends, But the reason I have an open diary is for people to call me out on bad eating or give adive for healthier alternatives.
  • MarincicS
    MarincicS Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I try to log everything but since i'm not always certain of portion sizes, i probably tend to err on the light side. But . . . i missed my weigh in goal this week by 2 pounds, so i'm not really doing myself any good.

I bought a food scale today - so i don't have that excuse anymore!
  • SusanleeBee
    SusanleeBee Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I don't log my 10 calorie vitamin, or my 40 calorie bedtime popsicle because I don't want to get out of bed to do it, but since I'm. usually more than 200 calories under my limit, I don't think it makes a difference. I log EVERYTHING else though.

ETA Oh, I also don't log zero calorie drinks.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Here's how I look at my food diary - If I'm going to log, I do it 100% honestly. Why lie? Your body knows what you ate, even if you choose to not write it down.

Sometimes I don't log - I'm in maintenance and sometimes logging makes me feel too obsessive, so I stop logging. I still pay attention to what I eat, I just don't write it down.
  • 1DEH
    1DEH Posts: 23
    Options
    Why lie to yourself? I log everything. It's not frail humanity. It's denial and lack of accountability. What are you afraid of? Make peace with food. It's not the enemy.

This!
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    No as i believe that would be lying to myself and I have a goal that is .....well lets just say important to ME!
  • RoughDiamondUK
    RoughDiamondUK Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I don't any more. I would "juggle" calories from one day to another at one time, but I've stopped that. However I don't always log salad greens... a few lettuce leaves, a single spring onion (white part), a couple of slices of cucumber, a thin slice or two of red pepper, half a tomato... those kinds of things are so low in calories it isn't worth the effort of logging them to me. I do log things like mayo, salad cream and ketchup though.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I log absolutely everything, even if I have a spoonful of peanut butter I will log it. I might guesstimate on some things but I usually err on the high side to be "safe". You're lying to yourself if you lie on your food log and really, what's the point in that?
  • mscoco10
    mscoco10 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    if you have to lie then maybe you should make your diary private. lying only hurts yourself
  • dalildevil
    dalildevil Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    The only things that I don't documents are like crystal light shakers, or a peice of gum or one piece of candy, or condiments, Ketchup and stuff.

As for the rest I figure that, if i'm going to make the conscious decision to put it in my mouth then I'm going to do the responsible thing and document it. Who am I cheating if I don't document it?.....only myself.

that's my own humble oppinion anyway :-)
  • Tararatus
    Tararatus Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I wouldnt lose weight if I lied, best to log everything as accurately as I can that way at least I know I'm gonna lose weight in the end, :)
  • microwoman999
    microwoman999 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    OK.. I will 'fess up that I sometimes shave a few cals by not logging all my food...Since I consider myself near normal, I think that some of my fellow members do the same thing...Did you log that extra glass of white wine or a beer ?? Did you say "forget about that microwave popcorn"...I do that and I confess my transgression...I think you should too if you want to get it off your chest and move on in our near normal lives..It's up to you...I know that some people would find it *unthinkable", but others, like me might find it a sign of our human frailty..

What is your take on it ??? Are you going to come clean if you do it ??? or do you think it is a cardinal sin..

Shake and bake,

wolftrax

Yes I have lied so that I was not embarrassed. Sometimes I like to go overboard on certain things and people will say whats that? Well I was fat so lets say I still have bad eating habits. I think if no one else could read my diary I would not lie. You are not alone. Others just don't want to admit it cause they are embarrassed so no worries.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I log it all, good, bad, and holy crap, how did you eat all that in one sitting? It keeps me connected to the idea of losing weight even on days when I'm clearly not working at it. I'll log two tortilla chips and a stick of gum. The only thing I don't log is my gummy multivitamin.
  • RachelK40
    RachelK40 Posts: 17
    Options
    I NEVER UNDER ESTIMATE...SOMETIMES OVER ESTIMATE IN CASE I DON'T KNOW EXACT CALORIES, FAT, ETC.
    I GO WITH... "YOU BITE IT...YOU WRITE IT!!!"
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I might forget and ingredeint every once in a while but otherwise I try to be honest it's for me to see what I am capable of..
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I try not to. I've done it unintentionally when I prelog and don't end up following through then forget to change it.
  • AyaEtman
    AyaEtman Posts: 10
    Options
    Yes, I sometimes add more serving if I'm not sure, and take away exercise calories if they seem to high.

Is that lying?

This

Yes me too !!
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    If I lie to my food log I lie to myself. My food log is private, I had eating disorders in the past I can not mentally take the idea of you all inspecting what I put in my body. I can not lie to myself either. I will admit some days I am under calorie goal by a lot when I log out and if I have a bowl of cereal I do not re boot the computer to re do my food log but I never lie to it.
  • chachalita8
    chachalita8 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    lying or not, its still going into your body!!!