Do you ever lie to your food log ??

Options

Replies

• zoedallas
    zoedallas Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    No, I never lie.

Making it look good on paper (or this site) is easy. I'm not interested in easy or looking good in cyberlife or some fantasy world. I want to work hard and look good in REAL life.
  • journeysover
    Options
    I don't think it's a cardinal sin. I do it once in a while neither do I think its lying to your food log I think lying to yourself. Your the only one affected. Early hours this morning I had 3Jaffa cakes but they are not on my log because I wanted them but didn't feel I should have them. But I'm not really fooling anyone I know I ate them.
  • nataliefallbach
    Options
    I am sure I forget a thing or two, but I recently bought a food scale and that has helped me stay honest with myself. I guess sometimes on portions or calories but I think lying on your food diary is pointless. I know logging food can be depressing sometimes, but it helps keep me in check. I know if I need to push myself harder at the gym the next morning or if I can just do my regular workout.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    nah,
    my body keeps track of it regardless of whether i write it down or not
  • Larry0445
    Larry0445 Posts: 232
    Options
    NO!!!! How are you going to do what you need to do,to lose weight,if you lie on your log. Needs to be accurate,so you can balance intake with exercise burns.
  • jandk09
    jandk09 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    i dont lie but sometimes what im eating or how much exactly isnt there
  • JoshuaL86
    JoshuaL86 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    What's the point of logging if you're not going to log everything? It kind of defeats the purpose of using MFP.
  • lamlam2468
    lamlam2468 Posts: 839 Member
    Options

What I do tend to do is if I have a bad day of eating is to not journal the rest of the day which is my downfall and I am working on fixing that.

This is me, too.
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    You are only lying to yourself. I've been tempted and there's been times in which I simply forgot to log something, closed my day and remembered later and just didn't log it but I didn't do it to make my diary "look" right. I go over, sometimes I'm under, for me this is forever and so be it.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    What is the point of lying to myself? By lying to myself I am cheating myself, and what is the point of cheating? This isn't a test.
  • laurabini
    laurabini Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I overestimate sometimes. some foods you just don't know if it's accurate. My mom gave me a piece of homemade zucchini bread. Now how do you go about that? I just look up in the database and try to figure out the best I can. There are some things I do not log like coffee and diet tea or pop.

Same for me! It's very difficult to be always accurate!
  • tania2287
    tania2287 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I never lie as all you are doing is lying to yourself and no one else, so what is the point..As you are the one who is trying to have a health and be fit so there is no point in cheating. If you cheat to yourself then just stop logging in all together..
  • wally1uk
    wally1uk Posts: 120
    Options
    No...your only kidding yourself, and worse misleading everyone on your friends list. If you can't be true to yourself then why bother? If your worried what other people think if you go over some times, then either

A: get a life
    B: get new friends who won't go on when you have a treat day
    C: delete everyone cause your just wasting our time.

I've found if I know I'm gonna have a bad day, I fess up and everyone still supports me...life is for living as well as losing weight and I'm a firm believer in the odd cheat day, esp on birthdays and special occasions or when you just need that one day break. But I still log and I let my friends know the reason.

But I would be furious if I was cheering someone on and they were blatantly telling lies about what they are eating. My support could be directed elsewhere! If all you want to achieve is keeping the numbers green, then I suggest you go away and do it on your own and waste your own time >:(
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    No, I haven't but...I have not completed my diary before to make it show in my feed. LOL

I do have to make some points on this thread

*The food you ate is not going to magically disappear and it is going to slow your progress. No complaining if you sneak food...;)

* I think a lot of people find the lowest possible food in the MFP database so they appear they haven't had a lot of food or they don't measure it. Some of those entries are so wrong and if you even question it a little bit, look it up online.
    Here is the sparks recipe calculator.
    http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-calculator.asp

*I also believe the MFP/Machine entries are wrong too. It is so personal on how many calories you burn, it cant possibly match everyone's effort/body. An HRM is essential to know how many you actually burned. If you cant afford one, well...I heard that a rule on thumb is to cut the calories burned by 1/3. Sorry to be a Debbie downer.
  • loischapman
    Options
    I have done this too..move calories around and fix the exercise so I stay within my goal..not a lot:explode: but have and the only one I hurt is my self..then wonder why is this not coming off faster...there you have it!
  • nikkiej2012
    nikkiej2012 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    No i don't lie to my log its like lying to myself..so i log everything from Mickey D's to healthily food like raisins and yummy granola bars..i log my food the best way i can,,if i cant find it i would find something like it and add it...like i did yesterday for that darn pizza i had...
  • debstanley4
    debstanley4 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I have done this too..move calories around and fix the exercise so I stay within my goal..not a lot:explode: but have and the only one I hurt is my self..then wonder why is this not coming off faster...there you have it!

I've done this myself
  • REET420
    REET420 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I don't lie if I eat something I'm not supposed to I work off the extra calories so I can't go over my daily amount. I don't want to cheat because I'm doing good on this website I lost 7 pounds and I plan on keeping it off and losing another 115. If I'm really not sure I try to work it out in my head and quick add calories. I like this because If I want a cookie or a bag of chips I just have to work out. It's motivation to get off my *kitten* and exercise
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    My food log isn't my ex - it isn't going to hit me if I'm not perfect. So I have no fear of being imperfect here. I can be honest.

And that, my friends, is an NSV!!!!!

Thanks. I hadn't thought of that before. :bigsmile:

I'm sorry about your past.

:flowerforyou:

I'm sorry also, especially seen as I've been there also. X
  • merapp9
    merapp9 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I do try to log everything because I figure that if I lie and then my results aren't what I want, I have no room to complain why nothing good is changing...aka weight loss, difference in myself. I used to not really count little snacks and if I was making something but now I do...even condiments and such. :)