any females with big calves

Options

Replies

• graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I am such a OCD sort of person and love seeing numbers so much, I am almost tempted to start a topic to give all measurements, out of curiosity, and to see the diversity.
    But I shall refrain and hope maybe someone else will do it here one day.
  • _Christine_
    _Christine_ Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    My calves grew up, I call them cows. ;)
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I am such a OCD sort of person and love seeing numbers so much, I am almost tempted to start a topic to give all measurements, out of curiosity, and to see the diversity.

Oh, I can't wait until you do this!!! ;) Then I will post there too! LOL
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I too have big calves (and thighs and, well, you get the idea...). They are down to 15.75... I don't think they will get much smaller, as my legs have always been big and muscular. I'd be happy with muscle lines - you can just see it when I stand on my tippy toes now.

Glad to know I'm not the only one!
  • jily32
    jily32 Posts: 16
    Options
    Just under 13 inches here... and thighs are 18.5 inches... is that bad ?
    our thighs are the same, left one is 18.5 and right is 19. I think they are too small, especially on a 6'1" frame, I do have a big butt that I love
  • jily32
    jily32 Posts: 16
    Options

Me too
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why some are not able to find boots. My calves are 14.5 and I never had a problem finding tall boots.

I have small ankles, so my calves stick out. But I don't have a problem with them. I know once I lose the rest of my weight, I will probably only get down to 13.5. I am 5'8 by the way.

There is a 7" height difference between the two of us. I think the problem is that the widest part of your calves and mine do not hit at the same place in the boots. The thickest part of my calves hit lower in the boot (closer to the ankle) where boots tend to be narrower. That's my guess anyway.

It also depends on where your muscle starts. For me, I can't zip past around 3/4 of the way up. Usually 1-2 inches before the rubber starts. And most boots are actually lose in the ankles for me as well.
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options

Me too

Done :D
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8", wear a size 6, and have 15" calves. I also have a tough time finding boots!
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    <---- enormous calves...16"
    Thats a thigh hon :laugh:
    Really? You think I don't know the difference? My calf is in that picture, too.

I thought your legs were beautiful! I was defending them! :happy:
  • k011185
    k011185 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    15' and itty bitty ankles, lol. Boots are not something I get along well with! They are solid though, and oddly enough I get comment on them quite often. (nice ones, it just seems like a random thing for someone to mention, lol)
  • FoxyPhoenixRising
    FoxyPhoenixRising Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Well I've been told a time or two that I have big calves, & I guess I do, because I also have 16inchers...

and I'm only 5'2. Currently I wear a size 12.

I don't have skinny ankles or cankles. My legs are shapely. I like them, and have received compliments.

My grandmother used to say,"Woooweee! Look at the gams on you!"
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    yes. however they're awkward in the sense that the extended calf boots are too big and normal ones are slightly too small. and skinny jeans look a bit funny on me...
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I also have 15 inch calves. My mom always had big calves and she said she loved wearing bell bottoms in the 70's because of it. I don't have too many problems with pants. Boots can be hard to find, but I hardly wear them anyway. I think my legs look great most of the time. I do have a few skirts that look funny, because they hit too low and make my legs look funny. I am petite, and it can be hard to find the right hemline that is flattering. Short skirts always look long on me. If my knee is showing, my legs look gorgeous. If my knee is covered up but you still see calf, it looks ridiculous.
  • macnotes
    macnotes Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I also have 15 inch calves. My mom always had big calves and she said she loved wearing bell bottoms in the 70's because of it. I don't have too many problems with pants. Boots can be hard to find, but I hardly wear them anyway. I think my legs look great most of the time. I do have a few skirts that look funny, because they hit too low and make my legs look funny. I am petite, and it can be hard to find the right hemline that is flattering. Short skirts always look long on me. If my knee is showing, my legs look gorgeous. If my knee is covered up but you still see calf, it looks ridiculous.

That's why I like the 50's pin up girl look. Hits just at or above the knee....anything hitting me at the calf makes my 15''s look like I'm a hobbit. And I'm 5'5''
  • OpenHeaven
    OpenHeaven Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Anyone want to go into business designing and selling boots for larger-calved women? I see a seriously under-served market here. ; P

LOVE IT!!!! On one condition - we go up to a sze 12...that's my shoe size (I am 5'10") and it is SOOOOOOO hard to find cute shoes AT ALL!!! BOOTS = IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!
  • OpenHeaven
    OpenHeaven Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I too have big calves (and thighs and, well, you get the idea...). They are down to 15.75... I don't think they will get much smaller, as my legs have always been big and muscular. I'd be happy with muscle lines - you can just see it when I stand on my tippy toes now.

Glad to know I'm not the only one!

May I ask how big they were before the weight loss???
  • tobiwood1977
    Options
    my calves have measured 17 inches since i was a teenager - when i build up they get more ripped and gain an inch or two... guys love my legs and calves - even overweight guys think my quads and calves are sexy... i guess its just genes really
  • tobiwood1977
    Options
    oh and the "muscle lines" lol - i have them when i am just standing flat foot - my dad was a bodybuilder and so was I a long time ago - my calves measure 18.5 inches and have no bodyfat on them whatsoever. I wish i could say the same for the rest of my frame!
  • macnotes
    macnotes Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Anyone want to go into business designing and selling boots for larger-calved women? I see a seriously under-served market here. ; P

And with smaller ankles!