any females with big calves

Options

Replies

• smplycomplicated
    smplycomplicated Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    mine are 14 1/2 and i've never considered them big.
  • Love2HikeMT
    Options
    I took ballet and toe dancing for 8 years and developed very muscular calf muscles. When I started training in dressage, I had to have custom made riding boots because the off the shelf were too tight around my calves. But, men would compliment me on my "sexy" legs...so wasn't so back...LOL
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Mine are only 11" and I have toothpick legs, lol, wish I could build em up but it's not gonna happen, it's genetics......
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Mine are 13. They were smaller before, but obviously I've built muscle on them. Sometimes skinny jeans will fit juuuuust right everywhere but on my calves!!!
  • Nicci93
    Nicci93 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I have 16.5" calves... I wish I could slim them down..

I also have really big ankles D; I would keep the calves if I could make my ankles a little smaller... but they have always been big =( 9.75" D;
  • RetroGlitzDiva
    RetroGlitzDiva Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I hate mine! With size 6 feet and these huge calves I can't ever wear tall boots. In highschool when I used to lift daily they got so big that I got stretch marks. Super gross!
  • lsapphire
    lsapphire Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    i don't do weights, bike or anything like that and mine are 14 1/4 (smaller than they used to be) and I have been told for years I had muscular calves.
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    My calves are 16.75. There are no boots for me. I wish I could wear them.:brokenheart: I'm an ex-gymnast and have very muscular legs. But 8" ankles seem ok.
  • agentscully514
    agentscully514 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    15.5" of solid muscle! I get lots of compliments on my calves. But it is hard to find boots.
  • kokaneesailor
    kokaneesailor Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Haven't seen my calves since they went to winter pasture in the back forty. :wink:
  • amandammmq
    amandammmq Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Mine are 16", but I'm 5'11", so I've never considered them to be big. I do own several pairs of tall boots, and am surprised (and dismayed) to hear that so many of you with smaller calves are having trouble finding boots that fit! :brokenheart: Everyone who wants a pair deserves them, in my opinion!

I have been told that you can get a cobbler to add in a gusset of leather or elastic, and you can also get boots stretched. If you just wanted that one pair of wonderful, wonderful knee high boots, it might really be worth the added expense. :love:
  • RetroGlitzDiva
    RetroGlitzDiva Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I have 16.5" calves... I wish I could slim them down..

I also have really big ankles D; I would keep the calves if I could make my ankles a little smaller... but they have always been big =( 9.75" D;

I hadn't measured them until now. You make me feel better with your measurements.

Mine are 17" and my ankles 9.25"
  • aweightymatter
    Options
    My calves are naturally muscular and frankly I LOVE it :) They look great in heels... Own em!

P.S. for those who have trouble finding boots.... I recommend Zappo's! You can search for boots with wide calves specifically. Of course their return policy is awesome so you can order a few different pairs to try at home (charge 'em on a CC), keep the ones you like, and send the rest back for free shipping and a fast refund/credit back to your card. It saves a lot of time going around from store to store trying to squeeze into the paltry offerings!
  • agentscully514
    agentscully514 Posts: 616 Member
    Options

I have been told that you can get a cobbler to add in a gusset of leather or elastic, and you can also get boots stretched. If you just wanted that one pair of wonderful, wonderful knee high boots, it might really be worth the added expense. :love:

they can add an inch or so at the TOP of the boot, but for most of us, the problem is lower down. Ain't no fixing that.

I get SO annoyed at shoe companies. I know SOOOO many women who want to buy boots and can't, because of their calves. The standard sizing is NOT average! good grief. My money is just as green as the skinny girls. And guess what, no matter how skinny I am, I will still have huge calves.
  • k0nfyo0zed
    k0nfyo0zed Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    my calves are currently 20in :cry: , I have a lot of muscle, but I also know I have a think layer of chub =/, the bigest thing I hate about them is it is hard to find any boots that are calve length that fit...Im hopping to bring them down with my weight!

mine are 19.5. i so get the boots issue!
  • lostlilshoebox
    Options
    My calves are 15.5" and I love every bit of them. :smile:
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    <---- enormous calves...16"

Thats a thigh hon :laugh:
  • piari
    piari Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Despite my low weight, my legs are thick in general! My thighs are 20". I'm not sure about my calves, but they're pretty muscular thanks to years of ballet. I do get compliments for them, nevertheless. I wish I could get my thighs a little smaller, though...
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    Changed my profile pic- this doesn't show the backs, so I'll have to take a better picture tomorrow. I'm 14.5 inches at the top, 8 inches at the ankle and size 5 shoes. I've gotten a lot more muscle on my lower calf since I've been walking/running. Before I had big muscles, but only at the top. I've always liked my calves. Now that my thighs are starting to get under control I'm glad to know there are still 'legs' men out there. Hope mine are up to par. :)

I've found I can wear boots if I get ones made of real leather. You've got to soak them in water then wear them for a few days so they'll stretch a little and form to your calves.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    <---- enormous calves...16"
    Thats a thigh hon :laugh:
    Really? You think I don't know the difference? My calf is in that picture, too.