any females with big calves

Options
I get told by lots of people that I have big muscular calves, they measure 13.25, there not very big, just curious if any other ladies with larger calves get compliments a lot. On another note I find big calves on guys so sexy

Replies

• confuzzledwife
    Options
    No one ever said anything about mine either way (good or bad)... my measure 14 now.. I didn't think it was THAT big though.lol
  • cherrytulips
    Options
    my calves are basically nonexistant, i have to work really hard to build muscle there :(
  • nrvo
    nrvo Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Mine are 14", but they aren't muscle. They are just big :ohwell:
  • Trilaina
    Trilaina Posts: 61
    Options
    I've never measured my calves, but I'm a fencer and a cyclist, so I know my legs are huge, haha. Only problem I have with them is it's difficult to find pants that fit correctly. XD
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I have always had big calves even when slim, Luckily they don't look out of proportion. They are 17 inches.
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Well, I have no idea what mine are, but they're larger compared to other womens' calves I've seen. One of my best friends used to comment on how most women don't have visible calves with that dent where the muscle is, and it's weird that I've always had that. I used to hate it, and now I love it. Bring on dem muscles.
  • spynoodle
    spynoodle Posts: 404
    Options
    14.5" here! I love them, but finding boots is a pain in the butt!!!
  • MMH86
    MMH86 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I have muscular calves & legs, I get compliments alot.. I think lean muscle on women is attractive! Then again Im a girl so what do I know! lol
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    My calves are 15.5. So big I have trouble finding boots that fit. No complements either. Very sad. :cry:
  • nrvo
    nrvo Posts: 473 Member
    Options

Omg it is the worst! There is nothing more embarrassing then getting stuck in a pair at DSW, hopping and flailing until you topple over trying to pull the darned thing off. Not that I know from personal experience or anything......
  • LadyRush
    LadyRush Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Mine are huge! No skinny jeans or tall boots for me. The muscular part of my body! Tiny ankles though....
  • ashiggins
    ashiggins Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" 156lb with 16" calves. They're pretty beefy! I have an athletic shape, so I don't necessarily look out of proportion, but I wouldn't mind shaving off a couple inches, however they're pretty solid so I'm not sure that's going to happen any time soon!

Edit: I've never had anything negative said about my calves, but I don't get random compliments either (however, I feel like most people don't compliment your calves unless you specifically ask what they think about them :) ). One of the male trainers at the gym a couple weeks ago seemed somewhat impressed by the size haha.
  • woopidydoo
    woopidydoo Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Mine are 14" of muscle. I don't think they are that big but I've always wanted boney legs. At least if I ever need to get rid of a tree I can just kick it down. ;)
  • princeza9
    princeza9 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    The only boots I wear are ski boots, and it's a pain to find boots that fit my calves. I'm looking forward to small calves so I can get into ski boots easier!
  • laurarpa
    laurarpa Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    13 is not big. Mine are pushing 15. For reference I'm 5'5", a size medium/8.

I don't exactly love them, but they're my strong legs so I'm gonna keep 'em :wink: And if they get bigger as I get stronger, so be it.

If only I had inherited my mom's slim ankles and lovely calves.
  • jily32
    jily32 Posts: 16
    Options
    Mine are huge! No skinny jeans or tall boots for me. The muscular part of my body! Tiny ankles though....
    I have tiny ankles also, I think that's what makes mine look bigger than they are
  • xTenaciousJx
    Options
    mine are 15" but look hot! hubby always tells me i have amazing legs...i've always had the more athletic look. i agree boots are so hard to find and it makes me sad!!! if any of you know a brand that you've found please inbox me!!!

=D

edit: i'm 5'3" and size 6/8 jeans right now.
  • spynoodle
    spynoodle Posts: 404
    Options

Omg it is the worst! There is nothing more embarrassing then getting stuck in a pair at DSW, hopping and flailing until you topple over trying to pull the darned thing off. Not that I know from personal experience or anything......

Ummm...yeah...me neither!!! :noway:
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Just under 13 inches here... and thighs are 18.5 inches... is that bad ?
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I've had big calves forever, I blamed it on cheerleading in HS... now I'm happy with them since I've slimmed down and the rest of my legs are more defined from all the running.

I had to go measure, because I have trouble with boots also (although i do have one pair that I love!), mine are 14.5 inches around which I think is actually smaller than before I started losing weight.