any females with big calves

Options

Replies

• Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I have never measured my calves, but I suddenly want to.
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    All this talk about solid muscular calves, and complaining about not getting compliments.... well, where's the pics? Honestly, I'd rather see pics of strong, muscular calves on here than cleavage pics. Seems like the perfect place to get a little attention. You're taking pics anyways, right?

<
    Here's a little inspiration. :-)
  • CherylAnne1988
    Options
    i remember being complimented a lot when i was younger, like in high school, because my calves are about the only "skinny" thing on my body lol-- me and my oldest sister get our muscular calves from our dad...it is a plus though because most people my size complain about cankles
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    <---- enormous calves...16"
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, my boyfriend said I had calves like popeye's arms.
  • vanessaleigh818
    Options
    Mine are a bit larger then most of what's listed! 18 1/2 inches of muscle! Always have been even at my fittest and I love them. Just a Leggy girl!

As for boots that fit, I am working on adding an elastic panel MYSELF to a really great deal I found on some knee high leather boots by cole haan. Too good to pass up and I have plenty of time til next fall to get it right.... :)
  • spynoodle
    spynoodle Posts: 404
    Options
    Mine are a bit larger then most of what's listed! 18 1/2 inches of muscle! Always have been even at my fittest and I love them. Just a Leggy girl!

As for boots that fit, I am working on adding an elastic panel MYSELF to a really great deal I found on some knee high leather boots by cole haan. Too good to pass up and I have plenty of time til next fall to get it right.... :)

Woman~ I just ordered some Cole Haan boots and I am praying to the boot gods that they fit!!!! I got a GREAT deal on them!!!
  • xTenaciousJx
    Options
    All this talk about solid muscular calves, and complaining about not getting compliments.... well, where's the pics? Honestly, I'd rather see pics of strong, muscular calves on here than cleavage pics. Seems like the perfect place to get a little attention. You're taking pics anyways, right?

<
    Here's a little inspiration. :-)

good idea! tomorrow i will change my profile pic to my calves!! =D
  • aquarianpixi
    aquarianpixi Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I hate my calves. I want nothing more than to be able to wear knee high boots/heels, but my humongous calves won't have it. Even the Lane Bryant ones are too small.

I'm really hoping that they go down as my weight does. It would be terrible to be at my goal weight and still have these monsters.
  • Angelatrudel
    Angelatrudel Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    my calves are currently 20in :cry: , I have a lot of muscle, but I also know I have a think layer of chub =/, the bigest thing I hate about them is it is hard to find any boots that are calve length that fit...Im hopping to bring them down with my weight!
  • Switty_Kitty
    Switty_Kitty Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I inherited large calves from my father. Thanks pops. Even when I was smaller, my baby cows were bigger. 17"....with a lot of muscle....or at least IM hoping it is lol
  • cior
    cior Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Mine are roughly 16 inches! I always had big calves. Whateves! I'm just not meant to wear boots.
  • RockaholicMama
    RockaholicMama Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    My calves are 18.5 inches. I finally lost a half an inch. They're huge.
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    mine are from ballet for 15 years... I had a male counselor comment on them... when I was a senior in high school!!! He said I had better take care of them! lol!!! I guess there are men out there who like shapely legs! I was always called thunder thighs!!!
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I looove my calves! They're big and strong and defined- even in the front. LOVE them! :D I don't wear boots so that's not an issue for me honestly. I just love how strong they are and solid too. Also they let me feel like a badass when I do calf raises. 16.5 inches of pure awesome.
  • Lolli1986
    Lolli1986 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" 156lb with 16" calves. They're pretty beefy! I have an athletic shape, so I don't necessarily look out of proportion, but I wouldn't mind shaving off a couple inches, however they're pretty solid so I'm not sure that's going to happen any time soon!

Edit: I've never had anything negative said about my calves, but I don't get random compliments either (however, I feel like most people don't compliment your calves unless you specifically ask what they think about them :) ). One of the male trainers at the gym a couple weeks ago seemed somewhat impressed by the size haha.

I am 5'7" with 15" calves regardless of whether I weigh 154lb or 125lb.

When I wore heels when I was at my thinnest I would get compliments on my legs from women.

Both my exes had chicken legs, so they both teased me about my calves. One asked me if i ever get calf-chaffe (from them rubbing together when i walk... then he and his brother had a huge laugh when we all realised that, yes, my calves do knock together when I walk). His brother asked if i had been a dancer. My next ex looked at my legs, looked at my giant!hobbit feet, and asked if i'd kicked down any buildings recently. lmao *cries* he also, however, said i had 'fine calves'. i didn't know if this was entirely a compliment or not. o_O

When i had a very physical job that involved stomping around through chest-high grass all day, i also happened to ride my bike everywhere. One day I was riding with a friend and i just remember her yelling "CALVES!!!!"

yeah.... massively muscular calves (and thighs). I look like I am made of two different women glued together because my torso and arms are long and slim. lol *cries*
  • McLifterPants
    McLifterPants Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    15.5" and, as other people have said, make skinny jeans and boots a giant pain! I now wear jeggings (no one can tell the difference lol) and cowboy boots. Seems like no matter how skinny I get, I always have big ol' muscular calves. Just had to come to terms with it!
  • supermom2002
    supermom2002 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    had to find my measuring tape to see if i could get in on this one....unfortunately no. but if it's big calves we're after i need to find a way to smoosh the fat from my *kitten* and thighs down to my calves? and all this time i was trying to find a way to suck the fat from my *kitten* and inject in my boobs.
  • fleshntears
    Options
    I have big calves too...always sucks because I so want to wear hooker boots and yes I called them hooker boots lol you know those boots julia roberts wore in pretty woman...hooker boots lol...but unfortunately getting them past my calves ain't gonna happen, so I don't even want to try to get them around my thighs lol..

I don't know how big around they are...but I do know that my jeans or even capris are impossible to wear sometimes...skinny jeans forget it, bought a pair once and seriously thought I was gonna loose my feet cuz of the lack of circulation past my calves.

I like them some days and dislike them others...so to kinda help them not look so bad I adorned them with tattoos lol...

But yeah I feel ya hun...I do try to look at them in a bright situation I have big feet (a size 12 in womens and a size 10 1/2 to 11 in mens depending on the brand) those muscles and feet help keep me steady, definitely will take alot to knock me down lol.