any females with big calves

Options

Replies

• autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and my calves are 15"....I would much rather have bigger calves than very slender ones...I think it looks more athletic & with me no matter how big I am my legs always stay about the same & you can see the muscle in them...I like my legs more than most other things on my body & I have had compliments on them b4...People always would say I looked like I had cheerleader legs - which to me was a good thing...lol
  • kunibob
    kunibob Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    This thread is starting to give me a complex. Mine are 14.5" and I thought they were pretty damn nice calves. Now I have to worry about the size of my calves??

Actually I have to say, given how many of us were worried about our 14.5" calves, I'm starting to feel like ours are actually completely normal and all of us are just worried for no reason. :flowerforyou:
  • beccci91
    beccci91 Posts: 214
    Options
    Due to fat mine are 15 inches, hate them
  • spynoodle
    spynoodle Posts: 404
    Options
    Due to fat mine are 15 inches, hate them

Don't hate ~ appreciate!!! Give it time!
  • MandyMarie01
    MandyMarie01 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I get told by lots of people that I have big muscular calves, they measure 13.25, there not very big, just curious if any other ladies with larger calves get compliments a lot. On another note I find big calves on guys so sexy

my calves are 14inches i didn't view them as very big (but they did used to look bigger in my opinion) i dont' think i've gotten any complements on them lol though.

i love muscular calves on guys, lol.
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why some are not able to find boots. My calves are 14.5 and I never had a problem finding tall boots.

I have small ankles, so my calves stick out. But I don't have a problem with them. I know once I lose the rest of my weight, I will probably only get down to 13.5. I am 5'8 by the way.

There is a 7" height difference between the two of us. I think the problem is that the widest part of your calves and mine do not hit at the same place in the boots. The thickest part of my calves hit lower in the boot (closer to the ankle) where boots tend to be narrower. That's my guess anyway.

That makes sense. I was wondering, since I have a bunch of tall boots.
  • SlinkyPinkyBunsOfSteel
    Options
    I just went and measured mine, they are 14.5 in. They are definately more muscular and firmer than before...I dread to think what they must have measured! (I'm 5ft2)
    13519485 Posts: 264
    Options
    My calves are mostly muscle from years of carrying my fat *kitten* around. They're currently 19 3/4'' L and 19 1/4'' R. In December they were each about 22'' so at least they've diminished a bit. I am 5'10'' and 380ish pounds, and have been over 300 pounds for about 8 years and spent a brief time weighing over 400 pounds. My calves have been put through hell. lol But as long as they keep supporting me long enough to reach my goal weight I will be happy, and if I could keep my calf muscles as they are now I'd probably be able to run like 100 mph once I am down to my goal. :laugh:
  • ByrdMessy
    ByrdMessy Posts: 94
    Options
    Anyone want to go into business designing and selling boots for larger-calved women? I see a seriously under-served market here. ; P
  • scatgash
    scatgash Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    14.5" here! I love them, but finding boots is a pain in the butt!!!

This is me too!! I've always had big calves, even at my smallest.
  • Kassielin13
    Kassielin13 Posts: 263
    Options
    So glad that so many other women have "bigger" calves. I have always had muscular thighs and calves. Hearing others compliment the muscle tone at an early age made me feel uncomfortable but giddy at the same time. As of right now my calves measure 15.5 in each and my thighs measure 25 inches each. Even at my lowest weight of 155 lbs at 5'6" still wearing a size 11 they were the same size. Finding skinny fitted jeans and boots have always been difficult but I still find some that fit.
    I have to say that my legs are the least of my worries with losing weight and building muscle!
  • becalee26
    becalee26 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I desperately hate my 15" inch calves cuz tas one person posted I have cankles no matter how much I weigh. I a hoping that I can tone them. I haven't worn shorts in 15 years.
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Still wondering if you measure them standing up, or sitting down, with the muscle slack, lol ?
    Dread to think what mine measure with the muscle slack.
  • r1ghtpath
    r1ghtpath Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    mine are 15 in. i measured today because of this thread, LOL!

my calves have always been very muscular and defined. i'm guessing from the years of ice skating, gymnastics, ballet and soccer growing up. in high school and college i spent my summers back packing and rock climbing.

i have had comments made about my legs, not like ' oh they're sexy," but more about how strong they look and feel!! i took that as more of an insult when i was younger. now, i'd rather have strong looking legs :-)
  • Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I saw this thread! When I've looked it always seemed like other women had small calves. I felt a little freakish. It is clear from this thread that I am in good company. :)

I'm 5' 6" with 15 in. calves. My ankles are large too - around 9.25 in.

I also have high arches and high insteps. FORGET trying to find boots with the lethal combinationof large calves and high insteps. The only boots I have are ankle boots and my ropers that I had to get in the men's boot department (ropers are a type of cowboy boot).

ETA: My calves definitely have a good bit of fat on them but it's not all fat. A massage therapist commented on the fact that I had a lot of muscle in my calves. Even when I've been quite slim my calves remained large.
  • vicky1966
    vicky1966 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    me too! Even at my slimmest size 7 I still had big calves (I was an athlete). I am stuck with ankle boots too! Can't even wear a pair of funky rubber boots !!!
  • jily32
    jily32 Posts: 16
    Options
    Still wondering if you measure them standing up, or sitting down, with the muscle slack, lol ?
    Dread to think what mine measure with the muscle slack.
    I measure standing up, measures smaller I think
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Mine are a hair over 14" and I think they're kind of skinny. I have biggish thighs, though, so my calves might just seem smaller in comparison.
  • LisaCFSF
    LisaCFSF Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    14.5" here! I love them, but finding boots is a pain in the butt!!!

Exactly!!! Love boots, hard to find ones that fit!!! I have very muscular legs! Mine are 15.5"...
    :smile: