any females with big calves

Options

Replies

• geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of strong, shapely legs on a woman. I especially love gymnast legs.
  • runner2runner
    runner2runner Posts: 1,937 Member
    Options
    This thread is starting to give me a complex. Mine are 14.5" and I thought they were pretty damn nice calves. Now I have to worry about the size of my calves??

14.5" isn't too bad. It's not too big and it's certainly not small. If you can see significant muscle definition when you stand on your toes, then you have nothing to worry about. That means they're solid muscle, which is a good thing.
  • terracotti
    terracotti Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and my calves are 14.5". don't know if that's big or not but I have cankles so I'm pretty sure they look big.
  • BernadetteChurch
    BernadetteChurch Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I haven't read through all the posts so this may have already been mentioned. But in case it hasn't http://www.duoboots.com/ sell boots in 21 different calf fittings. They're in the UK but they ship internationally. Definitely worth a look!
  • runner2runner
    runner2runner Posts: 1,937 Member
    Options
    Still wondering if you measure them standing up, or sitting down, with the muscle slack, lol ?
    Dread to think what mine measure with the muscle slack.

Standing up: 16.5
    Sitting down with feet flat on floor: 17
    Sitting with foot propped up on desk: 17
    Upside down with toes pointed at ceiling, singing "Sexy and I know it" and holding a plastic fork between my toes: 16.5

The best way to measure your calves is when they're flexed (usually by standing on your tiptoes) and the muscles are showing. That way you can measure them when they're at their widest and get a clearer idea of how big they are.
  • janehlansing
    Options
    Me are so big.. I don't call them calves.. I call them cows.

I need to measure them.

Jane
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    Approx 17.5-18 inches when seated with feet flat on the floor, and very muscular. I had ten years of ballet lessons, and inherited my mothers' legs - nicely shaped, but very strong! Since I started walking more, I have noticed that they have re-shaped a little - elongated is probably the best word. Skinny/tapered trousers are a no-go, and boots are tricky - usually only the very expensive ones with large elastic inserts will do up. Stretch is sometimes an option, depending on the manufacturer.

While I appreciate the strength, I do wish they were a little more elegant - I always feel my calves look a bit weird with narrow, formal heels, which I have to wear a lot. At least I have nice ankles, though.
  • BernadetteChurch
    BernadetteChurch Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    I'd kill to have ankles full stop, let alone nice ones. My calves are enormous. My "ankles" are enormous. My feet are wide and horrible. I hate my legs!
  • I'm 5'6 with 20 inch calves:noway: . Have always had Popeye calves even at 160lbs. Never have been able to were boots that weren't stretched. :grumble:

22' here! I'm at my largest weight but even so my calves have always been thick! ;-)
    Definitely enough meat to feed 10 grown men lol
  • oldbutnotover
    oldbutnotover Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Mine are 15 inches. I'm 5'5" and somewhat muscular so I think they look proportionate. They are always big no matter how much weight I'm carrying, but probably have a bit of subcutaneous fat on them when I'm heavier.
  • janehlansing
    Options
    I apologize for the typo. I meant "Mine", not "me" apparently, 5:30am and I don't jive well.

Have a wonderful day!
    Jane
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    I get told by lots of people that I have big muscular calves, they measure 13.25, there not very big, just curious if any other ladies with larger calves get compliments a lot. On another note I find big calves on guys so sexy

I'm 5'6, calves are 16.5 - my legs have always been some of my best assets so I have gotten many compliments. I have always walked a lot so both legs and thighs (with the exception of the top 'cupcake' ) are solid muscle. They will not get smaller, which is OK with me. I buy high boots, they are more 'combat' style and have zipper AND laces (absolute must have in order to shape them properly to my legs) I have size 10/11 feet so you won't find me in 'stilleto boots' I prefer boots that I can walk in comfortably for long distances.
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    My husband LOVES my calves. I have had many guys compliment me on my legs. I, on the other hand have always hated them. My calves are 15"
  • surromom2010
    surromom2010 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Yeah, mine are 14.5, spent so much time playing dance dance revolution and didn't even notice it happened can't find boots but at least its muscle and not fat I guess, I call them my "man calves"
  • xiamjackie
    xiamjackie Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    My calves are almost the size of my thighs. I just take it as it is because it is very hard to reduce the size of calves
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I also have large calves, boots in regular stores are out of the question. Torrid has boots that fit my calves (they also have a nice selection of wide width shoes), it is the only store tht I have found where I can get nice boots for under $100, that will fit over my ginourmous calves.
  • petstorekitty
    petstorekitty Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    13 is not big. Mine are pushing 15. For reference I'm 5'5", a size medium/8.

I don't exactly love them, but they're my strong legs so I'm gonna keep 'em :wink: And if they get bigger as I get stronger, so be it.

If only I had inherited my mom's slim ankles and lovely calves.

13" is big if your are 5'1" and wear a size 6 shoe!

For me that is *mostly* muscle. Genetics are a *****.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Mine are 14 1/2 " of muscle. I hate them. I would love to have nice trim ones like you see on models.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Me are so big.. I don't call them calves.. I call them cows.

I need to measure them.

Jane

LOL..Love it.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Our calves are big for their breed, 85-100 pounds or more at birth. Good size for angus cattle.

:laugh:

(Sorry, cattle farmer humor)