Supplements---What do you take?

Options
Right now I'm taking---

Double dose of multivitamins
Fiber supplement ( not too keen on veggies or too many fruits that I would get a lot of fiber from)
Spirulina (nutrients from veggies that I don't eat)
L-carnitine
B-complex
Fastin XR (awesome appetite suppressant)

What do you guys take and why?

I'm trying to stay around 100g of carbs per day and was considering taking a carb-blocker too...

Replies

• weathergirl320
    Options
    I take nothing. I get all my nutrients from food. IMO Thats where they should come from.
  • prmilkshake
    Options
    I take nothing. I get all my nutrients from food. IMO Thats where they should come from.

Thats all good and well if you actually LIKE those foods. I know that if I don't like the food I'm eating while I'm trying to lose weight I won't stick to it. Hence, the supplements.
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Erm just zinc n vit c at the minute but i do remember taking a lot more growing up
  • konswela
    konswela Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Women One A Day- Active Mind and Body
    Probiotic Acidophilus
    Biotin(Skin, Nail and Hair)
    occasionally a Fiber supplement
  • rubysphoto
    rubysphoto Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    The wife and I take Biobasics multivitamin bioavailable http://www.lifeplus.com/media/pdf/pisheets/US/6132-PI_EN.pdf

Proanthenols OPC/Antioxidants which my son takes also and I can not say enough about this as we were able to take him off his meds for ADHD. :-) http://www.lifeplus.com/media/pdf/pisheets/US/6192-PI_EN.pdf

Omegold for our DHA/EPA Omega 3's http://www.lifeplus.com/media/pdf/pisheets/US/4999-PI_EN.pdf
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I take iron pills 3 times a day (diagnosed with anemia), I also take folic acid, and the occasional b12. I was supposed to be taking the b12 daily as well, but now that I am eating eggs almost daily, I don't know if it is necessary so I only take it every few days instead.
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options

I would like to be in that situation right now as well, but I am a vegetarian anemic, and the only way I could raise my iron up to a healthy level was through supplements.
  • Get_Me_Fit
    Options
    I take fish oil for my heart, and vitamin C so i dont get sick. I havent taken them in a while though...
  • GoldspursX3
    GoldspursX3 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Fish oil- FOR ALL THOSE HEALTHY OMEGA 3 FATTY ACIDS

Ravaged- Pre-workout drink. Don't know if it's a placebo effect or not but I do feel I can push more iron with this.

Lean Muscle Meal Protein Shake- 40 g protein and a decent amount of carbs makes this a good recovery drink after doing some stronglifts 5X5
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I take a vitamin c, vitamin d, two fish oil capsules, and a centrum heart health multi vitamin.
  • weathergirl320
    Options

I would like to be in that situation right now as well, but I am a vegetarian anemic, and the only way I could raise my iron up to a healthy level was through supplements.

I'm not trying to be sarcastic or nasty in any way, but maybe you shouldn't be vegetarian because it causes you issues. I mean personally I would rather get proper nutrients from a natural source than from a synthetic pill. Unless you are vegetarian for moral or religious reasons. Then more power to ya ;) good luck!
  • seamonkey789
    Options
    One of the reasons, I joined here was because I was a vegetarian anemic. I was on a prescription supplement for 2 months and then my iron levels were normal at my last recheck. i have been off the supplement for 3 months and my iron is still normal. I get all my iron from food and it is possible as a vegetarian.

The only supplement I take is vitamin D and I supplement with ground flax seeds in my smoothie
  • mrsdizzyd84
    mrsdizzyd84 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Vit D3 (Diagnosed D deficiency) and a multivitamin. The MV is usually Alive! Women's Energy or Vitafusion gummies.
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Absolutely none.
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I take a half scoop of whey, and a half of casein after i work out. When i dont workout, nothing.
  • theflyingartist
    theflyingartist Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I actually work as a contracted writer and researcher for a supplements company, so I know my **** :wink:

Supplements work if you know how to use them.

I currently take:
    Women's Multi
    B Complex
    Magnesium, Zinc, and Calcium

Don't forget to take your vitamins and supplements with lunch! Don't drink caffeine any time during or before you take your vitamins!
  • Lyra89
    Lyra89 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Multivitamin
    Omega 3,6&9
    B-Complex
    Zinc
    Evening Primrose Oil (for skin and time of month!)
    Fat Metaboliser
    Psyllium Husk (sometimes, only if I need it as I LOVE fruit and veggies/wholegrains and get plenty of fibre...but it is the very best natural fibre supplement/laxative)
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    multivitamin, fish oil, vitamin C, calcium, whey protein shake
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I would suggest taking a blood test to see what vitamins you are lacking instead of guessing in the dark. There have been recent studies linking supplements to cancer. We are so conditioned into believing that we need them but there is no scientific proof that these artificial vitamins do any good in the first place and may in fact cause irreperable harm. I also do not believe in supplements unless you absolutely need them. I am a pescatarian so I eat only fish. My blood tests recently showed that B12 and iron are issues for me and I am severely anemic because I cannot absorb them through my food (due to a gastric bypass) or even through supplements. I get a B12 shot every 3 months and will be getting an iron infusion every month. Other than that I eat a ton of veggies and they make me and my body feel fantastic.
    10036 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I take iron pills 3 times a day (diagnosed with anemia), I also take folic acid, and the occasional b12. I was supposed to be taking the b12 daily as well, but now that I am eating eggs almost daily, I don't know if it is necessary so I only take it every few days instead.

I take iron and B12 as well. Anemic. It's no fun.