Replies

• xMsAlly
    xMsAlly Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    - Adult Gummy Multivitamins
    - Fish Oil
    - Vitamin D
    - Prenatal (for my hair)

I don't take them all every day. But usually just the gummies because they're delicious.
  • theflyingartist
    theflyingartist Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    One of the reasons, I joined here was because I was a vegetarian anemic. I was on a prescription supplement for 2 months and then my iron levels were normal at my last recheck. i have been off the supplement for 3 months and my iron is still normal. I get all my iron from food and it is possible as a vegetarian.

The only supplement I take is vitamin D and I supplement with ground flax seeds in my smoothie

I love squeezing lemon on my greens.. spinach and kale, makes the iron bioavailable for the cells to take in! :D
  • turbophoenix
    Options
    I take a multi-vitamin, biotin, and a probiotic (I have IBS and it really helps).

I also used to take fish oil but I stopped because I got a gross taste in my mouth from it. Blech!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options
    Krill oil
    Chia seed
  • Xabsentimentalx
    Xabsentimentalx Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    multivitamins and calcium( i hate milk)
  • theflyingartist
    theflyingartist Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I got a gross taste in my mouth from it. Blech!

Good 'ole fishy burps. Ever try drinking lemon water or tea after taking the fish oil? Will help to emulsify the oils so you don't taste them when you burp.
    I'm guessing you take the oil with a meal?
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I take a regular multivitamin, calcium, iron, and potassium (though I need to go buy more, because I just ran out), because I've noticed that without the calcium/potassium/iron, I get really fatigued and drained when I add mileage onto my running. And I also take protein powder, which I count as a supplement, because it's something that is "extra" to give me a boost.
  • BigRich822
    BigRich822 Posts: 681
    Options
    I take(BSN) Sythna 6 post workout and during workout I take Amino X (BSN), and after workout I take Cell Mass (BSN). I also take a multivitamin, and Nitrix (BSN) 3 capsules per day.
  • prmilkshake
    Options
    I would suggest taking a blood test to see what vitamins you are lacking instead of guessing in the dark. There have been recent studies linking supplements to cancer. We are so conditioned into believing that we need them but there is no scientific proof that these artificial vitamins do any good in the first place and may in fact cause irreperable harm. I also do not believe in supplements unless you absolutely need them. I am a pescatarian so I eat only fish. My blood tests recently showed that B12 and iron are issues for me and I am severely anemic because I cannot absorb them through my food (due to a gastric bypass) or even through supplements. I get a B12 shot every 3 months and will be getting an iron infusion every month. Other than that I eat a ton of veggies and they make me and my body feel fantastic.

I find it hard to believe that "vitamins" cause cancer. I"m pretty sure you're more likely to get cancer from all of the radiation from our cell phones and all the processed junk Americans have been conditioned to eat.
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    Bee pollen
    Flaxseed oil (Omega 3,6 &9)
  • NU2U
    NU2U Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I take...
    * Probiotic Acidophilus
    * Ultra Woman Daily Multivitamin
    * Omega 3 Fish Oil 1360mg
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Multivites & 2 protein shakes daily
  • hsk1019
    hsk1019 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Adult gummy vites, fish oil and iron.
  • Naybelline
    Naybelline Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Multivitamin & Minerals
    Garlic
    Omega fish oil
  • angelovearth
    Options
    multivitamins and calcium( i hate milk)

How can ANYbody hate milk?? lol I love it so much! It's my bane. lol

The only supplement I take is a daily Shakeology...the healthiest meal of the day...and my absolute favorite meal of the day. It's got everything I need so nothing besides that.
  • weathergirl320
    Options
    I take nothing. I get all my nutrients from food. IMO Thats where they should come from.

Thats all good and well if you actually LIKE those foods. I know that if I don't like the food I'm eating while I'm trying to lose weight I won't stick to it. Hence, the supplements.

what foods do you think have vitamins??? foods that are nutritous usually taste good. how do you not like food? supplements are un necessary. and can sometimes do more harm than good.
  • dougii
    dougii Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    One a Day multi-vitamin for men
    Fish Oil
    One scoop Whey protien with milk and banana and other fruit after working out
    Lots of fruits and vegetables
  • Zeromilediet
    Zeromilediet Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Fermented cod liver oil
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I take nothing. I get all my nutrients from food. IMO Thats where they should come from.

Thats all good and well if you actually LIKE those foods. I know that if I don't like the food I'm eating while I'm trying to lose weight I won't stick to it. Hence, the supplements.

what foods do you think have vitamins??? foods that are nutritous usually taste good. how do you not like food? supplements are un necessary. and can sometimes do more harm than good.

^ This although some people don't like the taste of nutrient dense foods like veggies. I would say most people should prob take some fish oil, due to a low omega 3 intake and to balance out all the omega 6's they are prob consuming and possibly some may need a multi or vit D as well, depending on their diet.
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    It was my doctor that informed me of the latest research on vitamins. I was asking her if I should take some calcium due to my gastic bypass and she told me that it could do more harm than good because of the latest research. Everyone I know has been affected by cancer, eating fruits and veggies and clean food is the way I am helping myself. You can do what you want. I am just sharing what I do. In my experience though, when people get defensive about advice they are wishing to recieve, it might be wise to look inwards instead of attacking the advice given. I did this about gluten and now I don't touch the stuff. Getting vitamins from healthy food is the best way. It is also possible to teach yourself to like fruits and veggies, I have and my body is thanking me for it. Oh and vitamins are in fact processed junk that you are referring to. If you are belching up vitamin stench, there is something seriously wrong. There is no evidence to prove that vitamins help one way or the other. You can either think it through or follow what everyone else is doing without thought. It is of course your choice. It seems really silly to me to even thinking about taking a carb blocker, why not just eat less carbs? And why take vitamins unless you absolutely know for a fact that you need them?? But if you would like to make the vitamin companies rich, be my guest. :) oh and most vitamins contain gelatin which is definitely not vegetarian. But veggies are :)