30 day shred starts today!

Options

Replies

• karendsmith
    karendsmith Posts: 167
    Options
    I got cheap weights at five below also, but kudos to you all who have thought of great alternatives; can of soup and bottled water, great ideas!!!!
  • heatheralia
    heatheralia Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have pain in the outside edges of their feet while doing the 30DS? Mine is really painful during, but goes away within an hour or so after the workout. Could it be my shoes?

I've had that a bit too... I've tried it with both pairs of trainers I have and barefooted to see if there was any difference and there really wasn't... I credited some of it to wearing heels at work a few days in a row. I'm on day 10 of Level 1 and the foot pain has subsided quite a bit... But, I think the pain from my shin splints may just be over-riding it :(

I wear heels at work 5 days a week. Maybe I should stop wearing them so much. The shin splints kill me, too!
  • christenwypy
    christenwypy Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I am thinking of starting this on Monday, but I am a little scared. I have a hard time with simple aerobics a lot of times and cannot hack it- partially due to a leg injury and partly because I am so out of shape. I keep seeing people how much it hurts and I am worried I won't be able to do it.
  • inspiredgardener
    Options
    Yup. You can get it on Amazon for $9.99 (or less). It doesn't come with a diet plan, but I think you could probably buy one? There's three levels that you do for 10 days each. You have to buy weights and a mat if you are working on a hard surface.

Ty for this info. I was like whaaaat? for a while there!
  • Tara1090
    Tara1090 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I started on Monday. I am not as sore as I thought I would be. I have also taken measurements, everyone on here claims that you see more results inch wise as opposed to weight. Good Luck everyone!!! We can do this. Those 20 minutes fly by fast!!!
  • Daydreams406
    Daydreams406 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I started on Monday. I am not as sore as I thought I would be. I have also taken measurements, everyone on here claims that you see more results inch wise as opposed to weight. Good Luck everyone!!! We can do this. Those 20 minutes fly by fast!!!

I started today as well, and like you not that sore. More so in my legs, but I have felt worse lol. The 20 minutes does fly by!
  • lisanume
    lisanume Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    How is everyone doing? :bigsmile:

I am getting ready to start level 2. Is it that much harder than level 1???:indifferent:
  • Tara1090
    Options

I am getting ready to start level 2. Is it that much harder than level 1???:indifferent:

I am doing great!!! I am going to do Level 1, Day 4 tonight! I cant wait to get to level 2 so I can get a bigger burn and hopefully see results in my stomach. I don't plan on taking a break in between levels, hopefully just jump right into Level 2 after I finish Level 1. Let me know how Level 2 goes!!! :):)
  • Numptcakes
    Numptcakes Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Today was Day 10 of Level 1. Shin splints are worse than ever and I didn't feel like I had any 'go' in me to even get through. Still, I'm going to attempt Level 2 tomorrow. Fingers crossed :)
  • Liv829
    Liv829 Posts: 160
    Options
    Hi everyone! I normally get up at 4:30 AM and do the shred, but could not this morning. I will do mine today on my lunch break. I start level 2 today so like some others I have seen- a little nervous! I have heard 2 is the hardest of all 3, but I am ready to feel some burn today. I saw another poster say they are gaining weight. I did for the the first 8 days or so and now I am back where I started. I have lost inches though. I think I may need to bump up eating a little more and see how that goes. My schedule has been off a little this week, so that may be the issue. No matter what, though, we should stay motivated and push through! No matter what the scale says, we are making ourselves feel better and healthier!
  • Daydreams406
    Daydreams406 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    ............... No matter what, though, we should stay motivated and push through! No matter what the scale says, we are making ourselves feel better and healthier!

So right! Keep at it! :smile:
  • torizia
    torizia Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I started Day 1 yesterday and just completed Day 2. I'm quite surprised at how easy I found it (although I'm sure that will all change when I move to level 2!). The only parts that I found difficult were the press ups and raising my arms whilst doing the side lunge things towards the end (I'm using 2kg weights).

It might be because I've been doing some weight classes at the gym recently, but I really thought I'd struggle more :)
  • Liv829
    Options
    Level 2. Ummmmmm-yeah. Harder for sure! I am up the the challenge! I hadn't huffed and puffed that hard since day 1 on level 1! I am proud to say I didn't have to do all the Anita moves. I did some Natalie moves, too. I can see why people can't wait to get past level 2!
  • katy8481
    katy8481 Posts: 9 Member
    Options

Yep it really is much harder than level 1. I am reading all the comments about how much everyone loves the shred on level 1. I too loved it and not as much on level 2. However, I love the results I'm seeing already on day 15 half way thru. The visible changes are awesome and that's what'll keep me going! No matter how hard the struggle is I will do the whole thing. And then maybe when I'm done....I'll do it again! ;)
  • Numptcakes
    Numptcakes Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Day 1 Level 2 complete and I loooove walking out those press-ups, even if I can't get so deep with my press-ups right now. Also enjoyed the cardio more (despite looking like a flailing bird doing the double jump rope). Struggled to keep up with the arm work, particularly when doing the chair squats, but gradual progression is key! Baby weights for now and I'll see how I go. Had a few TINY breaks but for the best part I pushed through. Undoubtedly tomorrow will be harder but I look forward to it!
  • Liv829
    Options
    Day 2 down on level 2! It is harder for sure, but I like that it is different and something new to do. You can totally tell it is working different muscles than level 1. I lost a pound so got a little extra motivation.
  • Tara1090
    Options
    Great Job Level 2's!! :)

I finished day 5 of Level 1. I am just not feeling a burn anywhere (I workout out regularly). Do you think I should continue for the next five days, or just go to Level 2.
  • Sugar_Junkie
    Sugar_Junkie Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna do it at night. That's great that you finished day 1.

FYI - for anyone wondering where to get cheap weights, I got mine at Five Below for $3.50 each. (3 lb)

Walmart acutally sells a set of Jilian Michaels weights. That is what I bought. They are cheaper in store than online. They were 29$ for a set of 6 weights (2 3lb, 2 5lb, & 2 8lb) plus a nice little tray to keep them in. And it comes with a little dvd to show you some exercises to do with them but I wasnt a fan of it. She just shows you the excercise quickly and moves to the next- No time to do a few reps with her and learn.
  • kellym0710
    Options
    Last night I completed Day 4 L1 plus 30 min of kettlebell immediatly following. I am feeling it this moring. I too saw an increase in my weight this week but today it has went back to where I was when I started.

So, reading other comment I am to assume that we still do push-up in Level 2? I have the hardest time with push-ups...
  • Beck680
    Beck680 Posts: 3
    Options
    Im starting today hoping i can stick with it :)