30 day shred starts today!

Options

Replies

• mrs_kurz
    mrs_kurz Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Am I right in thinking level 1, 2 nd 3 are all just one workout, but you do level 1 10 times, level 2 10 times etc? I've found level 1 on youtube so can I just do that 10 times? Or is level one 10 different workouts and I'd need to buy the DVD?
  • Ellzie
    Ellzie Posts: 8
    Options
    Level 1 is just one workout you repeat for 10 days but I would still get the DVD as the first levels quite basic the fun starts with 2 and 3 :)

I'd also recommend killer buns and thighs - really works troublesome legs!
  • amberiam
    amberiam Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I just moved to Level 2 yesterday (had to take a day off between levels to fight an allergy attack). Does anyone else feel REALLY uncoordinated during some of that cardio? I kept just having to stop and stare to try to figure it out. Then again, I'm pretty uncoordinated anyway!
  • Liv829
    Liv829 Posts: 160
    Options
    I just moved to Level 2 yesterday (had to take a day off between levels to fight an allergy attack). Does anyone else feel REALLY uncoordinated during some of that cardio? I kept just having to stop and stare to try to figure it out. Then again, I'm pretty uncoordinated anyway!

This is totally me. I have to start my moves after I see what they are doing first. I am so glad it is dark outside and nobody can see me when I do these. I know they are working because I feel the burn, but goodness!
    Glad to hear I am not the only one. Sorry about the asthma attack! Glad to hear you were just down for a day. Doesn't sound fun!
  • Liv829
    Options
    Great Job Level 2's!! :)

I finished day 5 of Level 1. I am just not feeling a burn anywhere (I workout out regularly). Do you think I should continue for the next five days, or just go to Level 2.

Hi! I didn't feel any post-workinout burn after about day 4. But I still was winded at the cardio parts and had to really push through to get through the strength moves on level 1. If it were me, I would probably stay at 1 until it was 10 days and maybe just push harder or something. But I totally understand wanting the burn-b/c you know it is working!
  • AprilElizabeth27
    Options
    HI =)
    Today was L1D5 for me... I am still feeling a little sore and I am using the 3lb weights. I have a question for you guys.. How do we know for sure how many calories we are burning?? I looked at a few websites and it looks like it comes out to 167 calories per 20 minutes... I would like to think I am burning more than that!! Do you guys also do other work outs with it?

Thanks,

April
  • Ttopeka
    Ttopeka Posts: 160
    Options
    Am I right in thinking level 1, 2 nd 3 are all just one workout, but you do level 1 10 times, level 2 10 times etc? I've found level 1 on youtube so can I just do that 10 times? Or is level one 10 different workouts and I'd need to buy the DVD?

Yes. You do the same Level 1 workout 10 times, the same Level 2 workout 10 times, etc.

HI =)
    Today was L1D5 for me... I am still feeling a little sore and I am using the 3lb weights. I have a question for you guys.. How do we know for sure how many calories we are burning?? I looked at a few websites and it looks like it comes out to 167 calories per 20 minutes... I would like to think I am burning more than that!! Do you guys also do other work outs with it?

Thanks,

April

You can't know for sure how many calories you're burning unless you get a HRM. Have you seen this formula? I saw it on another thread; someone claims to have gotten it off JM's website.

30 day shred calorie burn - 3.267 calories burnt per pound every hour. Multiply by weight to get how many calories per hour you would burn and divide by 3 to get each 20 minute work out

But still, you'll never know for sure without a HRM. Even someone with similar height/weight to you could be burning differently for a number of reasons.
  • AprilElizabeth27
    Options
    Thank you =)
  • Tara1090
    Tara1090 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    HI =)

Thanks,

April

April - I usually do about an hour of cardio before the 30DS. I have been doing extra arm workouts as I am not getting much of a burn from Level 1. I am sure Level 2 will be totally different and kicking my *kitten* :)
  • bhogie
    bhogie Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Cheers to mid month!!! I did well this week with the shred! I'm a little sore so I'm taking the day off today. I can really feel a big difference in my muscle firmness, but I have a ways to go before beach exposure! Hang tough guys!! BTW I wear a heart rate monitor (polar FT7) and I love it!! It takes into account your age and weight. I routinely burn 180 cals during the first 20 minutes of the shred. I don't do the cool down because I move onto the treadmill for a quick extra 15 min. Hope that helps
  • bhogie
    bhogie Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Regarding calories burned, if you multiply 180 cals x 3 that's 540 calories burned per hour. I think that is pretty good! :happy:
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Today was day 2 for me! I thought I was in okay shape....I WAS WRONG!!! Loving hating her! Lost a half pound tho so whoo hoo.
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    QUESTION: Those of you doing the 30 day shred are you doing the full hour? Level one two and three or just the 20 minutes? I think I would die in an hour. My goal was to up my intensity every 10 days. Should I switch up my goal and go for upping my stamina time? Not being lazy seriously want to puke by the end of the first 20 minutes but it is only day 2. Sorry for the TMI. Also are you guys going straight through the 30 days or taking breaks? I have a goal of a dress I want to wear in 40 days and I need to loose 3 more inches to have it look decent I can button it and I can breath but the buttons pucker. Please message me if you have any tips I often forget to check back into forums.
  • x__abbi__x
    x__abbi__x Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Wow! level 2 is really pushing me but im loving it! Even if by the last min of abs im shouting to myself "its only a minute!"
    Also feeling better as ive started to feel a difference, not weight loss or inches (i havent measured myself) but im feeling firmer and my stomach seems tighter. Love it!!

xx
  • x__abbi__x
    x__abbi__x Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    QUESTION: Those of you doing the 30 day shred are you doing the full hour? Level one two and three or just the 20 minutes? I think I would die in an hour.

Im only doing the 20mins! I would die in the hour too haha.. Í did 7days level 1 then when I stopped sweating went onto level 2. I will do this until I either stop sweating or hit 13days, then I will start level 3 for the remainder of the 30days xx
  • Liv829
    Options
    I am doing the 20 mins too. I planned to do 30 days straight, but had strep throat over the weekend. I did Level 2 Day 2 Friday, and had to rest Saturday and Sunday but started back this morning. At first, I was really upset because I had created this 30 day goal, but then I realized how silly that was! I was winded this morning (probably not 100% better yet) but I felt stronger. Maybe b/c my muscles were able to rest? Anyway, its a new week! I measured yesterday and have lost several inches so far. Mostly off my bust (of course) but some off my waist and thighs! My arms have increased a little. Not surprised!
    Good Luck!
  • katy8481
    katy8481 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    How's everyone doing? I'm on level 3 day day 3 and I have to say I'm really happy that I made it thru level 2 and that I'm done. Lol. Level 3 is hard but a different hard than level 2. I can see a big difference in my body from when I first started. I should've taken a before and mid picture. I also should've been taking measurements all along. I do weigh myself regularly and have lost about 3-4 lbs but I know I've lost several inches. The best NSV I had last weekend was buying a pair of jeans that were the smallest pair of jeans I've ever owned. This is the lowest weight I've been while working out. (I have in the past weighed less but not the healthy way. I went from 155 to 138 lbs in like 2 weeks during a breakup/divorce.)

Yay to feeling and looking great! No more muffin top either! Thank you JM even though most days I hate you! ;)
  • Tara1090
    Tara1090 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    How's everyone doing? I'm on level 3 day day 3 and I have to say I'm really happy that I made it thru level 2 and that I'm done. Lol. Level 3 is hard but a different hard than level 2. I can see a big difference in my body from when I first started. I should've taken a before and mid picture. I also should've been taking measurements all along. I do weigh myself regularly and have lost about 3-4 lbs but I know I've lost several inches. The best NSV I had last weekend was buying a pair of jeans that were the smallest pair of jeans I've ever owned. This is the lowest weight I've been while working out. (I have in the past weighed less but not the healthy way. I went from 155 to 138 lbs in like 2 weeks during a breakup/divorce.)

Yay to feeling and looking great! No more muffin top either! Thank you JM even though most days I hate you! ;)

Great job Katie! I just finished Level 1/Day 10. I think my pants are fitting a bit tighter, but I think the weight is being distributed better on my body. I have taken measurements before I started the 30DS but I wont measure again until I finish Level 2. I hope i lose a few inches off my waist. Great job everyone!!!!!
  • torizia
    torizia Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    I just completed day 8 (level 1) and feel really sick. I've found it fairly easy so far (except for the side lunges) but started a course of antibiotics and gave blood yesterday so think they've destroyed me!
    I took measurements at the start but am waiting until the 30 days are up to take the next set as I want it to be a surprise :)
    I've been logging it as 20 minutes circuit training (120 calories) until now, and thought this was about right as the formula that one of the other posters provided worked out at 111 calories for me. However, I used a polar FT4 HRM today and it came up as 191 calories (I stopped it before the cooldown) which is awesome!
    Good luck to you all!
  • misticache
    misticache Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I'm logging it as 30 minutes because I stop the disk and do it at my own pace. I can't keep up with her in the push-up department so I pause it and do 20 and turn it back on. Does anyone else have a problem keeping up with her. I am only on day2 so I'm sure my stamina and speed will get better by the end of the week. I also do additional cardio and stretching at the end so I get a whole 30 minutes in.