30 day shred starts today!

Options

Replies

• AprilElizabeth27
    Options
    Today is day 10 L1 for me! I am looking forward to L2 tomorrow.. guess I am crazy! I can totally see the changes in my body and am losing weight! I am getting married 4 months from today and am hoping I hit my goal! ( I have my wedding dress and it was a tad tight from gaining weight from being sick, medications and unable to workout.. I had to learn how to walk all over again and had stroke like symptoms.) Hope everyone has a great day and keep up the good work!
  • katy8481
    katy8481 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Today is day 10 L1 for me! I am looking forward to L2 tomorrow.. guess I am crazy! I can totally see the changes in my body and am losing weight! I am getting married 4 months from today and am hoping I hit my goal! ( I have my wedding dress and it was a tad tight from gaining weight from being sick, medications and unable to workout.. I had to learn how to walk all over again and had stroke like symptoms.) Hope everyone has a great day and keep up the good work!

Congrats on your upcoming wedding! My guess if you stick to this your dress will fit perfect...or...gulp...be too big and you'll have to have it taken in. Much better than having it let out though ;) Good luck with level 2. It was my least favorite.
  • AprilElizabeth27
    Options
    L2 was a bit tough that's for sure!! Thanks! =)
  • Tara1090
    Tara1090 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Sweet jesus...Level 2 Kicks your *kitten*, literally! I looked like a crazy woman trying to do those jumps, then i had to go plaster my face to the TV to follow what the hell she was doing! But i managed to finish Level 2 - Day 1!
  • Liv829
    Liv829 Posts: 160
    Options
    Sweet jesus...Level 2 Kicks your *kitten*, literally! I looked like a crazy woman trying to do those jumps, then i had to go plaster my face to the TV to follow what the hell she was doing! But i managed to finish Level 2 - Day 1!

I feel you on this! I am on Level 2, Day 7 and today heard something JM said that let me know my form was wrong on something. She does move quickly between moves and my outta shape butt has to watch for a second or two so I know what is going on. Still! On day 7! The last ab move, the plank twists, are killer! I can totally feel it every day so I know it is working!
    I LOVE IT!!!! (I will keep repeating until it is true!!):laugh:
  • Candida1983
    Candida1983 Posts: 188
    Options
    I started level 2 yesterday. I watched it first to see how she was going to torture me in this level, and told myself I could totally do it (after the initial "Oh my gosh, I'll never survive this" reaction). I pushed myself to do level 2 twice yesterday, and I am paying for it today. My arms, the backs of my thighs, the area in between my neck and my shoulders are all sore. I also felt like my wrists were going to break from all of the weight on them, those plank style exercises are no flippin' joke! This is working for me and I need to tell myself to keep going. :happy:
  • Candida1983
    Candida1983 Posts: 188
    Options
    I will say too, it seems to HELP me to move around and keep my muscles warm. I find that if I sit too long, that's when I notice the pain more. Hope this helps! And just so you know, because I tend to word things sometimes and it comes off wrong, I am sore but it's really not that bad. :bigsmile:
  • katy8481
    katy8481 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You can totally get through level 2...not easy at all but you can get thru it! Just keep telling yourself its only 10 days. You CAN do anything for 10 days. Best part its only a 20 min workout and with awesome results. You want results? They don't come free! ;) Sound familiar?! On your really bad days where for some reason the workout seems harder (is that possible?) than most days modify some of the exercises just to get through it. You will still get results.

Heads up level 3 is a lot more of the plank and jumping stuff. You will feel so happy to be done with level 2 but level 3 is just a different kind of hard. I will take level 3 over 2! I'm going to Cancun and considering doing the workout there just to say I finished in 30 days (actually 31- I took 1 day off between level 1 and 2).
  • Numptcakes
    Numptcakes Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Level 2 Day 6 done this morning. It's not getting any easier and I don't feel like I can up my weights for most of the exercises. Am I doing something wrong? Or am I lazy?
  • Liv829
    Options
    Level 2 Day 6 done this morning. It's not getting any easier and I don't feel like I can up my weights for most of the exercises. Am I doing something wrong? Or am I lazy?

You are NOT lazy! It takes a while to build up endurance to these things! I went from nearly no exercise to this, so I have struggled in parts. I could tell a big difference in my ability from day 1 to day 10 on level 1, and now I have more strength than that. Just keep at it and I bet you will get stronger over time! I am using 5 lb weights and struggle with them. I wish I had 3lbs, but refuse to go backwards on it. Stick with it!
  • sazrina
    sazrina Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Moved onto level 2 today. I did 10 days of level 1, I never managed to do the pushup section but I got to the hard sections on everything else and in the last two days finally managed to get all the way through the cardio sections. When I first started it I never thought that would be possible, I really had to push through my barriers and I actually felt like I would faint at times!

I got nearly all the way through level 2 today on the easy versions of everything but the plank twists at the end killed me. Keep it up everyone it really does seem to work. I've only lost a pound so far but all my trousers are much baggier and my arms have never had muscles like this so it's obviously doing something!
  • Liv829
    Options
    Same here on the weight loss. Not so much, but my clothes, abs, and arms can tell something good is going on! lol
  • x__abbi__x
    x__abbi__x Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    workout.jpg

thought this might make you all laugh. Me doing level2 of 30DS (I know im behind a tad) and my 2daughters Phoebe 6 and Charley 3 decided to join in!

(excuse the mess, tidy up time is after exercise time lol) xx
  • heatheralia
    heatheralia Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I love this^^!! My ten-year-old daughter is my "coach" and she helps me check my form. During level one, she held her hands out for me to "punch". This support is wonderful! :happy:
  • Liv829
    Options
    I love the pic, too! My 2 year old wants to do it with me on the weekends, and then ends up trying to climb all over me. That does not work! I can't do all the jumping and sweating with her climbing on me! She loves squat thrusts and jumping jacks. And she is better than me at them for sure! : )
  • x__abbi__x
    x__abbi__x Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hows everyone feeling? xx
  • lifes_revenge
    lifes_revenge Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    So I found this on you tube level 1 today. Just wondered on the dvd is it just the same 20min wrkout everyday for level 1 for 10 days....Just so I know what i'm looking for on youtube each morning....should probably just go out and buy the dvd but heyho lol

Oh and what sort of results has everyone had from this??
  • jmh174
    jmh174 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have just finished day 30 of the 30 Day Shred and would love to shrare my before and after pics. How do you post pics with your comments/post/reply. Thanks!
  • Tatyanne
    Tatyanne Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I have just finished day 30 of the 30 Day Shred and would love to shrare my before and after pics. How do you post pics with your comments/post/reply. Thanks!

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/104076-posting-pictures-on-the-boards-tutorial
  • Tara1090
    Tara1090 Posts: 199 Member
    Options

YAY! Congrats! Post those pictures! :)

I am on day 7 of Level 2, but skipped 2 days because I am sick. Hopefully I can get back into it tomorrow.