April Move your @ss Challenge

Options

Replies

• dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    4 miles Interval run this evening in 46 minutes. It was basically repetitions of 2 mins of fast running followed by 1 min walking. I like this better than long, continuous runs. As soon as I'm happy with my speed, I'll gradually increase the running interval.
    i have just got to say that there are so many very motivational members on this thread...people that no matter what someone posts are there to PUSH them forward and encourage them to continue moving their A$SES and for that i thank you....so many times people have joined our challenge and just not done the work they committed to themselves but i really feel like all the support here the last few months has made a difference....i dont know the statistics like dinos does but seriously i thank you all for being there for each other....this is why i believe this challenge thread is the best on the boards....way to go people...way to go....
    denise

Yep, I agree with Denise, its a great challenge, great group of people. It has kept me moving for the last 1.5 years, I'm pretty sure it's among the longest running threads on mfp. Amazing how we live in different parts of the world, probably have very different lifestyles, but in the end of the day we get along so well.
  • mandysmom092711
    Options
    Rode 10 miles on my stationary bike today. It seems to be easier for me to ride the bike than it was to walk on the treadmill. :)

exercise.png
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    3.56 miles today at lunch....gonna push for 1.5-2 tonight with laps around the YMCA field before my spin class...i'll update again later with the rest...
    50.83/80 complete...

denise

ps - thanks for the kind words friends...
    JTH11706 i hope you do pursue your goal of completing a 1/2 marathon...i remember when oprah did her marathon a million years ago i thought to myself, "i'd like to run a half marathon some day"....i have no idea how long ago that was but i have completed 2 halfs and was going to be "done" after the most recent one but it was such an amazing experience i am seriously considering doing the next disney princess 1/2 next february.....i like that race, i love disney and it's the "perfect" fit for me....anyway, thank you and i hope you do find a race that is right for you....
  • laurieblair2012
    Options
    I've been keeping up with my miles this month but just noticed this challenge. I set a goal for 80 miles and I'm at 46 so far. I'd put it on a ticker and add it to my signature if I had enough sense but for now I'll just write it down and update occasionally. LOL! :)
  • butters1
    butters1 Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    4-2 Treadmill 2 miles, outdoor bike 8.8 miles (+weights)
    4-3 Treadmill 1.25 mile, 1 mile swim
    4-4 Treadmill 3.6 miles, 1.4 stairmaster (+weights)
    4-5 Outdoor bike 8.8 miles, 2 miles outdoor walk
    4-6 Treadmill 3.6, 2.2 stairmaster, .5 swim (+weights)
    4-7 Treadmill fit test 2 miles, 1 swim
    4-8 REST
    4-9 Treadmill 3.6., Bike 12.5
    4-10 Swim 1 mile, Outdoor leisurely walk 2.4 (+weights)
    4-11 Treadmill 4.0, Swim 1
    4-12 Outdoor bike 11.4 miles
    4-13 Treadmill 1.25, Swim 1.5 (+weights)
    4-14 REST
    4-15 Outdoor Bike 15.1
    4-16 stairmaster 3.25
    4-17 REST
    4-18 REST
    4-19 5.5 Eliptical (+weights)

To date: 100.65
  • saramerrigan
    saramerrigan Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    I've been at a conference all day today, so only managed 1.45 miles walking :(

Ticker updated

exercise.png
  • jonnyb62
    jonnyb62 Posts: 426
    Options
    Update:

Adding: 10

exercise.png

Don't know if I will make it :ohwell:

But I am gonna try!!!! :drinker:

For everyone who thinks (or has thought at some point this month) that their April goal might be too high:

The mistake people make with setting goals is never setting them too high and missing them, it's setting them too low and meeting them.

Keep moving, you're all doing great!
  • Luckysusan
    Luckysusan Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    3 mile run today

73.2 out of 90 miles completed
  • Taymay75
    Taymay75 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Did another 4 miles today.

Goal: 90 miles

Completed today (4/19) – 4 miles (Leslie Sansone Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan)
    Completed today (4/19) – Another 4 miles (Leslie Sansone Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan)

Total completed – 63 miles

Left to complete – 27 miles
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Did another 4 miles today.

Goal: 90 miles

Completed today (4/19) – 4 miles (Leslie Sansone Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan)
    Completed today (4/19) – Another 4 miles (Leslie Sansone Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan)

Total completed – 63 miles

Left to complete – 27 miles

@TidyTinTin: You are doing so great!!! Awesome job! :drinker:
  • toadiejones
    toadiejones Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Goal 50 miles running/walking only
    April 1 - 2.3 miles
    April 2 - 1 mile
    April 3 - 4 miles
    April 4 - 3.1 miles
    April 8 - 3.5 miles
    April 10 - 3.5 miles
    April 13 - 3.5 miles
    April 17 - 7.1 miles
    April 18 - 4.1 miles
    April 19 - 2 miles

Total/left - 34.1/15.9
  • crazydv
    crazydv Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    1 mile swim..3 mile bike..5 mile run/walk

109.5 miles completed of 160
  • gehlerc
    gehlerc Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    i have just got to say that there are so many very motivational members on this thread...people that no matter what someone posts are there to PUSH them forward and encourage them to continue moving their A$SES and for that i thank you....so many times people have joined our challenge and just not done the work they committed to themselves but i really feel like all the support here the last few months has made a difference....i dont know the statistics like dinos does but seriously i thank you all for being there for each other....this is why i believe this challenge thread is the best on the boards....way to go people...way to go....
    denise

Oh yes. This forum, with this group of people, are the main things that keep me moving, and I absolutely love being a part of it. The challenge itself is brilliant in its simplicity, and all of you here make this such a rich and wonderful experience. Thank you all.

Reporting in with only 2 miles (walking the crazy dog) yesterday. It was supposed to be more, but I allowed my arm to be twisted (it didn't take much) to go out with friends after a late and frustrating meeting at work yesterday.

7 miles today: a 3 mile run and 4 miles walking.

I'm hoping tomorrow's weather is more bicycle-friendly than we've had the last few days.

exercise.png

exercise.png
  • cararq
    cararq Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    2.78 miles today.

z7Lwm4.png
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    5.88 miles total today with what i posted earlier today and my run/walk before spin class...

53.15/80 miles complete...
    night all off to bed, denise
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I passed the goal I set, which I knew I would but I set it at 100 because I plan now to do MORE of my 90 day Jillian Michaels Body Revolution which is a great workout and will get my body more sculpt than just mileage moving!! I too am VERY thankful for this thread because it has kept me moving my @ss !!!!
    weight loss forum today for free weight loss support!
    2f7706cb932173b.png
  • meeaham
    meeaham Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Back into running today! Ran 5 miles!

exercise.png
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Only 5.76 km today
    Ticker updated

exercise.png
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    I passed the goal I set, which I knew I would but I set it at 100 because I plan now to do MORE of my 90 day Jillian Michaels Body Revolution which is a great workout and will get my body more sculpt than just mileage moving!! I too am VERY thankful for this thread because it has kept me moving my @ss !!!!
    weight loss forum today for free weight loss support!
    2f7706cb932173b.png

@vhuber: Great job! You always crash your goals! :drinker:
  • jonnyb62
    jonnyb62 Posts: 426
    Options
    Nasty, windy, Montana-like weather here this morning, so 3 miles on the treadmill for me today.

exercise.png