What brand of dog food does your dog eat?

Options
Krizzle4Rizzle
Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
My dog was eating Beneful wet and dry food. After a stern talking to from my vet and learning that Beneful is one of the WORST dog food out there, we are starting the process of switching him over to 'Wellness'. Just curious what everyone else feeds their dog.

Replies

• mclush12
    mclush12 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I too use Beneful for my Golden, and she has no problems and loves the food
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Iams.

We fed our dogs Purina for years and they were very healthy and lived very long lives. Now they say Purina is bad for them. I think it's all a scam.
  • shmunster
    shmunster Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I dont feed commercial dog food, i feed a raw mix, which is made up of veal, pork, chicken frames, offal, and a small amount of veg, and some oils and yoghurt

They dont need the cereal that majority of dog foods are full of
  • tabi26
    tabi26 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I feed my dog Orijen. Its a grain free dog food. Grain is no good for dogs, but is found in nearly every brand :(. It took me some time to find a grain free product, but once I did my dog has never looked better :).
  • Hotrodhoodlum
    Options
    Blue dog food best on the market .
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    My lab eats Eukanuba. I tried switching to a healthier brand a while back but a couple weeks later he got really sick. Not sure if it was related, but I switched back and he's been fine since.
  • Skeemer118
    Skeemer118 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    We use Natural Balance which we find at Pet Smart. It's a really good food & our dogs actually eat less of it because it fills them up properly. But it's expensive. About $50 for a 30 lb bag. But our dogs are small so a 30 lb bag lasts us forever.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    My puppy's spoiled and gets fed Royal Canin. Our older dog and our cat get fed the regular stuff, like Iams or whatever.
  • Skeemer118
    Skeemer118 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Iams.

We fed our dogs Purina for years and they were very healthy and lived very long lives. Now they say Purina is bad for them. I think it's all a scam.

It's not a scam. Read the ingredients. If it starts with corn then that's what your dogs are eating the majority of. How about you? Do you want a big corn diet for yourself or do you think you'd be healthier eating rice & chicken as your primary diet?
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I feed my dog Orijen. Its a grain free dog food. Grain is no good for dogs, but is found in nearly every brand :(. It took me some time to find a grain free product, but once I did my dog has never looked better :).

Same here! My girl is an Orijen girl!

Sometimes for fun, I'll mix in a little Merrick's wet food - You should see the stuff they have!!!
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    We have bought wellness and also Evo.... the cats prefer the evo wet food hands down to anything else... of course the dog will just eat whatever is in front of her so I'm judging by the cats. :laugh:
  • ZombieChaser
    Options
    My lab eats Eukanuba. I tried switching to a healthier brand a while back but a couple weeks later he got really sick. Not sure if it was related, but I switched back and he's been fine since.

Could be a food related allergy... have you tried a lamb and rice formula?
  • emiliewright
    emiliewright Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Rachel Ray's brand..Gary is Shih Tzu and the breed commonly has issues like poop eating, tearing, stomach upset, etc..He just plain has NO issues, so I keep him on it!
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    Iams.

It's not a scam. Read the ingredients. If it starts with corn then that's what your dogs are eating the majority of. How about you? Do you want a big corn diet for yourself or do you think you'd be healthier eating rice & chicken as your primary diet?

Agreed. I never gave a 2nd thought to what I was feeding my animals until about 3 years ago my oldest cat started to get very sick, was losing her fur in big patches and was licking her feet until they would bleed and get all nasty. After a trip to the vet and a course of meds the vet said to start feeding her grain and byproduct free. If the food says "chicken meal" or anything "meal" in the ingredients then it's a byproduct and is just crap. My (now 16 yr old) cat is healthier than she has been in the last 5 or 6 years... shiney coat... dandruff is gone... no more bald patches or licking.
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Beneful healthy radiance.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Iams.

Well, when your large dogs live very healthy lives until they are 15 years old, I think that's a good indication that you're doing something right.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    We feed him Diamond Naturals. I love love love Blue Buffalo but DN isn't bad at all, and more economic for us at the moment.
  • SnakeDarling
    SnakeDarling Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Purina Puppy Chow :p

She's not quite big enough for "big girl" food.
    But I want the best for her after she gets there c:
  • PitBullMom_Liz
    PitBullMom_Liz Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I'm a total food snob. I fed Wellness Core or Taste of the Wild for a long time, but about 6 months ago switched to all raw.
  • ZombieChaser
    Options
    I'm a total food snob. I fed Wellness Core or Taste of the Wild for a long time, but about 6 months ago switched to all raw.

LOL don't feel like a snob - a raw diet is the best for your dog, for those who can do it, so good on ya!

Oh, and I love your pitty :) sooo adorable!