What brand of dog food does your dog eat?

Options

Replies

• bigswedeman
    bigswedeman Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Just switched from CRAP to WELLNESS CORE...
  • joankpoirier
    joankpoirier Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    all of my kiddies are on Grain free.Natures Domain. I buy at Costco. and it's pretty affordable.
    i used to feed Benifull and Iaams. and had all sorts of problems with loose stools. which basically means nutrients and not being digested.
  • PeaceCorpsKat
    PeaceCorpsKat Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    My fat little Bella eats Beneful Healthy Wieght.

It doesn't help though :(
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    While most dog foods (and cat foods) may be crap... There is one brand I will NEVER buy... and that is the Walmart brands... the cats where all super fat and we had dogs die from that whole fiasco with tainted dog food...
  • Larry0445
    Larry0445 Posts: 232
    Options
    Chicken Soup for the Dog Lovers Soul....one of the top rated dog foods/ :-)
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Wellness Super5Mix Healthy Weight.

They also get fish oil + glucosamine/chondroitin supplements.
  • emstaley4
    emstaley4 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    We feed our dog a mix of Blue Buffalo and 4Health for large breed adult dogs. He is a St Bernard and has a sensitive stomach and is fussy.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    My dogs eat Great Life, they seem to like it and the company hasn't had any recalls that I know of
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Iams for large dogs. We've tried other brands (expensive, vet recommended brands) and it makes my American Bulldog/Boxer sooo incredibly gassy and sick (and yes, we switched correctly and gave him time to adjust -- they don't work with his system). He does best on Iams, so we stick with Iams.
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Any kind of kibble is disgusting. I don't like feeding my babies anything made exclusivly for pets, even the premade raw.

My dogs get a combination of prey model raw and homecooked food.
  • Firefighter_Jay
    Firefighter_Jay Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    There is an actual type of food specifically for dogs??????????? Someone needs to inform my Rottie about this. While you do that, imma just gonna stand over here. :smokin:
  • jrjordan79
    jrjordan79 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    My dogs eat Beneful as well. I have a 6 yr old Golden/Lab mix, and after trying every "healthy" food on the market, Beneful is the only one she can eat without having serious stomach issues.
    Even my vet agreed after our three YEAR trial - we need to give her the food that allows her to have solid stool, and not vomit daily.
    Its was a long trial and error process for us -- good luck!!
  • LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    ol' roy and scraps :)

he has no issues at all
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    My dog (6 year old yellow lab) now eats only raw/homemade food. In addition to being healthier for him, I have found that it is actually cheaper than buying a high-end brand dry dog food, as long as I buy meat in bulk when it is on sale. I still get nervous about letting him eat raw bones (especially chicken bones, even though many people do this with no problem) so I use ground up egg shells for his primary calcium source.

This is what I like to see.
  • bcsrule
    bcsrule Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    PEOPLE THAT FEED THEIR DOGS RAW!...

How do you go about it??? I have a 40lb Borador.... I fed her raw a few times and she loved it... But then my sister was being an asshead and said she was going to get a taste for blood.... I'm guessing that's not true..

So.... Ya... What and how much would I feed my dog?

Her name is Dehlila :)

423803_10150513718495899_584640898_9153108_1346222013_n.jpg

No they do not get the "Taste for Blood" !!! You might have to figure out exact amounts but you want to be able to run your hands along her side and feel her ribs. She looks great! An example of what I feed a Border Collie about 33 lbs is for one meal she get's about 6.5oz of raw chicken wings, her other meal consist of about 2.8-3oz of ground meat, along with a couple of tablespoons vegtables that have been put thru a juice, salmon oil and other suppliments. I have 5 dogs, and 2 foster rescue puppies right now and this is what they all get in different quantites. Like everyone else has said much less poo!
  • sangelic
    sangelic Posts: 207
    Options
    Currently Taste of the Wild. She has had everything under the sun though. Chicken soup, Evo, Canidae, California Natural, etc. I refuse to feed "crap" foods, plus she has some sort of allergy issues that some foods bring out more than others.
  • Stefini525
    Options
    Had to switch to the expensive Blue Buffalo food. My dogs kept yakking up their meals and haven't since with switch.
  • husker_gal
    husker_gal Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Mine used to eat beneful but for the last year and a half they have been eating Royal Canin and I can see a huge difference in both my fur babies! I would recommend it to any dog owner =)
  • MelissaT81
    MelissaT81 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    My girls get science diet for seniors...per the vet's instructions.
  • tlindsay12
    tlindsay12 Posts: 3 Member
    Options