April 2012 challenge for Late Night Snackers

Options

Replies

• pennybelle
    pennybelle Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I was just talking to a coworker about how I exercise nearly everyday, eat so good during the day then eat a whole days worth of calories nearly at night and wonder why I'm maintaining instead of losing! lol I was in denial till I saw this thread.
    Better late than never! oh, wait, no, no late night that's right!! Count me in!!
  • indiepops
    indiepops Posts: 96
    Options
    failing miserably, i am eating a kitkat while posting this, any tips to stay outta the kitchen cupboards?
  • indiepops
    Options
    i am horrible late night grazer!!!! so to help this rather than saying i CAN"T eat i plan a snack and thats it, something like strawberries and sugar free chocolate pudding snack cup!!! or 100 calorie pop corn!!! this has helped me TREMENDOUSLY!!!!
    really good advice, i have loads of healthy snacks that are under 100 cals, but i grab choc, crisps etc, then feel guilty for eating them and end up eating more junk cos that silly man living in my head says 'well you've blown it today, might as well eat more' (i wish he'd move out, lol) starting tomorrow this will be my new challenge, saving 100 cals from my allowance so i can have a snack and not want to kill myself!
  • laurazj73
    laurazj73 Posts: 12
    Options
    Me: 2
    LNS: 0

Having a set calorie limit is really a good deterrent to LNS for me, it seems. Helps that my doctor is holding me accountable, too. :-)
  • ASF68
    ASF68 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Me:5
    LNS: 1
  • Bookchick887
    Bookchick887 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    LNS you lose again! Mwhaha.
    Me- 8
  • pennybelle
    pennybelle Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Me:1
    LNS: 0
  • Ceit60
    Ceit60 Posts: 15
    Options
    Me 3
    LNS 1

Had to top up last night, and stayed up too late too :ohwell:
  • indiepops
    Options
    i am proud to say its

LNS 0
    ME 1

i am just about to go to bed so i have actually done it, i know its only one but ive got to start somewhere, and it feels great, I AM controlling my body NOT FOOD!
  • ASF68
    ASF68 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Me:5
    LNS: 2
  • laurazj73
    laurazj73 Posts: 12
    Options
    Me: 2
    LNS: 1

And it wasn't just snacking, it was a BINGE. But I recorded everything in the food log and got a good look at why I had gained so much weight prior to changing my eating plan. My calorie total for Saturday was TWICE the number of my actual goal.

If that isn't reason right there to stop the late-night binges, I don't know what is. So time to suck it up and get back on the horse!!!
  • dme1977
    dme1977 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    :sick: Lns: 3

:flowerforyou: ME:4

Had a 1/2 an 1/2 week.... I snacked the other times too but I had enough calories to cover them....
    One GOOD thing is it has went from 11:45pm snacking (after going to bed) to 10pm snacking (which is BEFORE I go to bed) ....
    baby steps... baby steps.... to getting rid of it
    AGAIN!!
  • diabeticrunner
    diabeticrunner Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Had some bouts with LNS this past week. Big stressors going on, but has since passed. Me 3...LNS 4

Feeling more confident for the now and the future, which is all that matters!
  • PSGPolly
    PSGPolly Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Did not post over the week-end. While I did not have late night snacks I also did not eat well during the day so not sure I call it a victory. Monday is a new day and a new week and no snacking tonight!
    Me: 6
  • kschwitter
    kschwitter Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am very late to this party but would love to join. I am trying to break the habit of eating when I wake up in the middle of the night, especially. Thanks. :)

Kendra
  • ajs2mf
    ajs2mf Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    LNS:1
    Me: 13 :)
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,987 Member
    Options
    Me: 13
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I've had a small bowl carb smart ice cream the last two nights and the scale hasn't changed. Yippee!
  • MissXFit13
    MissXFit13 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Oh, LNS is the bane of my existence! I'm so good during the day, and all that will power is thrown out the window around 8:30-9pm. I actually will walk into my pantry, stand there, and eat handfuls of whatever I can grab (popcorn, cereal, crackers, pretzels) for 5-10 minutes straight. I can't even determine what portions I've eaten, because I keep telling myself "one more handful, just one more!" the entire time.

Sigh.

I'm in.
  • shoppie
    shoppie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I've lost track of the score, I'm losing but won last night - yay me!