i can't believe i'm writing this ... ppl w/ tattoos

Options

Replies

• whiskeysister510
    whiskeysister510 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I have "WHISKEY" tattooed on the inside of my lip. It means I really like whiskey.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    One of mine does, the other does not.
  • sisierra
    sisierra Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    hahahah! this is awesome! but 2 of my tattoos are just there because I like what they are. Kudos to you for posting this, I really like it!
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options

When I was getting fitted for a pair of running shoes a couple weeks ago, this was the conversation:
    Him: "So why sleeves? What do they MEAN?"
    Me: "Why do you have a justin beiber haircut?"
    Him: "Point taken."

Hair grows back... Ink is permanent (for the most part).

Yes, to each his own. I just don't see the point of permanently scarring my body for something I think is "pretty" right now. I have A LOT of objects that I thought were pretty 5 years ago and I hate now. I can't imagine that being on my body.
  • happyvitale
    happyvitale Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am pretty well inked. Some of mine do and some of mine dont. Either way they may for intresting stories and great ice breakers at parties.
  • victoriasnow
    victoriasnow Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    only one of my tattoos actually means something to me..the rest i just wanted because i wanted a sweet tattoo!
  • UrbanAmazon59
    Options
    Most of mine have personal meaning and surprisingly for an artist, most are script or lyrics to songs I love. But one is a Celtic knot, just because, and the next will be a lotus flower design, just because it's beautiful. But don't you love when people who don't know you from Adam ask what your tattoo says, means etc. It's like people patting your stomach when you're pregnant. Not always welcome!

Love the Justin Beiber conversation!
  • merimeaux
    merimeaux Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I have one, it's Japanese and means LOVE. Or at least I hope they used the right character :laugh: It's on my lower back so I never see it. In fact I forget it's there. Either way I plan on getting another, don't care what it means. It could be a bunny riding a bicycle for all I care.

The kanji for love is ai: æ„› ...but there are many different ways to express different kinds of love in Japanese. That's the most common one that people typically choose, though.
  • sshipman18
    sshipman18 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Both of mine having meaning behind them. All of the others I plan on getting have meaning behind them. I feel that if I get something that has meaning, there will be less of a chance that I will regret it later.
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    I'm heavily tattooed and most don't mean a damn thing. I get asked all the time so I just make stuff up. It's fun to see how far you can go and still have some dumbass believe you. :D
    Your avatar scares me D:
  • aimelee
    aimelee Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    i have a Chinese symbol on my lower abdomen that means "star" and is now all faded and droopy and has stretch marks running through it from pregnancy and looks SUPER hot. And no ... no it doesnt mean anything to me other than i was 18 and wanted a tattoo so i just picked some random lame thing out of a book.

However, there has been one in my head for like two years that i want to get (someday) that will mean something to me. Not that I feel it has to, but in this case, it will. :)
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    I have one, it's Japanese and means LOVE. Or at least I hope they used the right character :laugh: It's on my lower back so I never see it. In fact I forget it's there. Either way I plan on getting another, don't care what it means. It could be a bunny riding a bicycle for all I care.

The kanji for love is ai: æ„› ...but there are many different ways to express different kinds of love in Japanese. That's the most common one that people typically choose, though.
    Yeah that's pretty much the kanji I showed the guy who did my tat. I had a necklace with the same kanji. But like I said nit sure if it actually looks like that. My boyfriend thinks it says soy sauce :laugh:
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    My first one was just one I picked out of a book the night I got it. I had this really cool one picked out but it was too difficult to do in one sitting and I knew if it didn't get something then and there I was going to chicken out. So, no, it doesn't mean anythiing.
    My second one is the nickname my husband calls me. This was also a now or never kind of thing. My Brother-in-law needed to cancel his appt last minute, so I took his spot. The artist drew it up right there and I go it done.

Neither of my tattoos have any huge meaning. They're special to me because I like them and think they look cool, but that's pretty much it.
    I have at least 5 more planned, and out of those 5 only 1 is actually going to be "meaningful" (a sparrow for my grandmother). All the others are just reflections of stuff I like :bigsmile:
  • Its_All_Kung_Fu
    Options
    hahahah agreed!!! some of mine have meaning, a lot don't, and I just have them cuz I like the way they look. :)

Ya took the words right outta my....keyboard! Could not possibly have said it better...
  • _David_
    _David_ Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I love my new TAT!
    7043884493_437247c197.jpg
    10241044_9594 by beedo30, on Flickr
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    I love my new TAT!
    7043884493_437247c197.jpg
    10241044_9594 by beedo30, on Flickr

that is ridiculously hot. holy *kitten*
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I have one, and it has meaning.. my fav flower is the stargazer lily . I have two girls who are my life. They are july babies (Ruby birthstone - hence ruby throated hummiBngbird). This is my tribute to them. Plus, I think ink done well is art and I love art.

I plan on another soon. Once I get the hell out of my marriage, I am getting a butterfly on my back with a music fret running behind it. The notes are to a song a friend wrote - "I am not forgotten". The butterfly is a tie to another one of her songs "The walls of your cocoon have left no room for breathing, so break free. Butterfly girl - don't you know youre beautiful by now. Too long in hiding.. Time to spread your wings and show your colors to the world."

tattoo-1.jpg
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    Yes, mine do.
  • Scarlett_S
    Scarlett_S Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    When they find out I have them, People always ask me what my tattoos mean. (I only have two, and they are hidden because of my job.)

Ummm. I like hearts and butterflies and I'm a girl? And I got three butterflies for three kids? I dunno. I do like the meaning of the cherry tree but it wasn't my inspiration for the tattoo. I just thought it was pretty.
  • VonRockette
    VonRockette Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Yes, all my tattoo(s) do and will mean something to me. However I know a lot of people with decorative tats and they are badass and I love them. For me it's personal preference.. jsut like some adore colour trats while others are all black and white.

I only have so much room =D