If it fits in my daily calories...

Options

Replies

• tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    Cap'n? Really dude... You can go ahead and count your calories but if your food is gargage, its garbage. Period! You are what you eat big guy...

Food is fuel. No matter what gas station it comes from. It all gets broken down into base elements and is then burned by your body to get you through your day.

Just based on your profile start date, you're a bit new here. Don't be so quick to discount people who have been around a while and have lost a heck of a lot. (I don't include myself in that group, fwiw, but I have found a measure of success by following their example. And I am not doing it on a diet. I am not miserable or craving things I can't have. Which makes life ... well, enjoyable.)
  • Brandongood
    Brandongood Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Please point me to said 400 calorie double cheeseburger. Thanks

lol this. theyre usually at least 700 to 900 cals, so I keep away
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Cap'n? Really dude... You can go ahead and count your calories but if your food is gargage, its garbage. Period! You are what you eat big guy...

Lollercoaster.gif

Look up discretionary kcal allowance
  • Buckeyt
    Buckeyt Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I think generally people see the weight loss as a success but then hopefully they take the next step to realize that all that food that fits into their calorie plan is actually lacking in nutirents and just basically garbage.
  • liftandcycle
    Options
    i agree with the OP 100% who ever doesnt agree is just in denial... lol at the people in denial bashing the OP!

6-pac-diet-ratio.jpg
  • douglasmobbs
    douglasmobbs Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    The phrase "it is not worth the calories" has taken on a totally new meaning to me since I started to eat healthy. Eating junk food, even if it is only 100 calories, decreases my mood as I feel that I have wasted calories rather than increasing my mood from getting pleasure from the junk.
  • Billywoo
    Billywoo Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Im not gonna eat anything I shouldn't till I get to my goal. Dedication will get me results. The cheeseburger isn't going anywhere. You can eat anything you want when your kids dont have to worry about your breathing, etc. If it hurts, that means its addicting. Thats like saying a crackhead should be able to splurge on crack "every once in a while". Most of us are un-healthy. Lets do this. Put the burger down!!!!

I'm sorry that you have breathing problems, and that your kids have to watch you deal with that. I hope you will all be healthier because of it. However, two things I see wrong with your post: 1. crack is illegal, and for good reason: it is TRULY addictive, and people will hurt others or themselves to get it, and they do things they shouldn't when they're on it. 2. Can you show evidence of addictive qualities in burgers?

The fact is, if necessary, everyone COULD stop eating burgers. In most cases, it's not necessary. Plus, when prepared at home, it can actually be a decent/healthy meal. Keep in mind, a little fat is good for you. Also, many people on here have made appropriate sacrifices in an effort to get healthy. One burger every few weeks won't kill most people.

All Im saying is that people on here are talking about burgers like they cant go without them. These particular people have a problem with burgers. Not crack. lol. They just need a burger intervention. And everyone on here just wants to argue. Its getting commical. I meant no harm people...
  • AliciaStinger
    AliciaStinger Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    The question that comes to mind is Why would they eat it if they really knew how bad it was for their health?
    I mean moderation is key. I don't know you or your lifestyles and I don't look at peoples food journals and judge them either.
    Everyone has a reason behind why they ate what they ate. That is fine.. Just don't let the "excuses" get the best of you. We are all here for the same or similar reason(or at least that's what I thought).

Unfortunately, a smart individual would ask that about nearly everything available in grocery stores these days. With food dyes, added sugars, fat (a little of which is considered healthy), TRANSFAT, monosodium glutamate (MSG), and all the other chemicals that make our "food" enjoyable - if not downright addictive - to think the way you do, your **ONLY** option is to grow/make everything you want to eat. To object to the fat in a (presumably fast-food) burger but not all that other stuff is the same as ignoring the fat in a burger. Some people claim food dyes lead to autism. A diet high in added sugars increases your waist and your chance of type 2 diabetes, which can lead to heart problems, stroke, poor circulation, a less effective immune system, vision problems, and other not-so-fun stuff. Studies are also finding that some cancers can use sugar to develop. MSG....don't even get me started on that.

So, have you started your own farm? If not, then what are your excuses?

Some people also claim vaccines cause autism. However, science has disproved this, and the original study has been withdrawn because the data were faked. The point is, not all studies carry the same weight (pun NOT intended), and what is true now may be false next year. While a diet lower in sugars and transfats is a good thing, it's really not clear that moderation is somehow worse than a strictly "clean" diet.

See my other posts. I'm not arguing for a "clean" diet. I'm also not saying that the food dyes study is true, just that "some people claim" it to be. I'm saying that the young lady (guessing by the picture) who started this thread is getting on people about their "excuses," but ignores all of the other things that are wrong with foods. What's her excuse? To ask why people would eat a burger, but not ask about all these foods that are full of who knows what else is.......bogus. There are things much worse for a body than a burger. I don't understand why go after burgers and not all the other stuff that people pass off as harmless or healthy.
  • Acg67
    Options
    i agree with the OP 100% who ever doesnt agree is just in denial... lol at the people in denial bashing the OP!

6-pac-diet-ratio.jpg

Ate Ben and Jerry's every night and got super lean, I'm in denial :(
  • AliciaStinger
    AliciaStinger Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Im not gonna eat anything I shouldn't till I get to my goal. Dedication will get me results. The cheeseburger isn't going anywhere. You can eat anything you want when your kids dont have to worry about your breathing, etc. If it hurts, that means its addicting. Thats like saying a crackhead should be able to splurge on crack "every once in a while". Most of us are un-healthy. Lets do this. Put the burger down!!!!

I'm sorry that you have breathing problems, and that your kids have to watch you deal with that. I hope you will all be healthier because of it. However, two things I see wrong with your post: 1. crack is illegal, and for good reason: it is TRULY addictive, and people will hurt others or themselves to get it, and they do things they shouldn't when they're on it. 2. Can you show evidence of addictive qualities in burgers?

The fact is, if necessary, everyone COULD stop eating burgers. In most cases, it's not necessary. Plus, when prepared at home, it can actually be a decent/healthy meal. Keep in mind, a little fat is good for you. Also, many people on here have made appropriate sacrifices in an effort to get healthy. One burger every few weeks won't kill most people.

All Im saying is that people on here are talking about burgers like they cant go without them. These particular people have a problem with burgers. Not crack. lol. They just need a burger intervention. And everyone on here just wants to argue. Its getting commical. I meant no harm people...

That's true, and in that case, I'm probably one of those people! ;-) I eat them rarely, but I don't know if I'd commit to giving them up.
  • douglasmobbs
    douglasmobbs Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Please point me to said 400 calorie double cheeseburger. Thanks

lol this. theyre usually at least 700 to 900 cals, so I keep away

McDonalds double cheese burger is 440 calories
    per portion
    %GDA (Woman)
    kcal*
    22%
    protein
    26g
    35%
    fat
    23g
    34%
    carbs
    32g
    12%
    salt
    2.1g
    42%
    *Guideline kcal intake per day: Men 2500, Women 2000, Child 1600 (Girl 4-7 years)
  • Acg67
    Options

6-pac-diet-ratio.jpg

not only that but your also the guy who stalks one of my mpl's.. she showed all of us ur profile, we had a huge disscusion on how wierd you are..... wierdo! COME AT ME!

Is it one of the low carb or paleo peeps that live in a fantasy world and also are quite paranoid?
  • DeanneLea
    DeanneLea Posts: 261
    Options

1) You need food to live, you don't need crack to live. Very different "addiction".
    2) "I'm not gonna eat anything I shouldn't till I get to my goal"-- Good idea. That's like saying a crackhead should go through rehab and then reward themselves with a nice binge on crack ;)
    3) That beer in your picture sure does look tasty.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    I CAN go without burgers. I just don't WANT to go without burgers. And what's awesome: I don't NEED to. So I won't.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options

6-pac-diet-ratio.jpg

unless I missed it, I did not see anyone bash the OP, but merely disagree with her ZERO tolerance of a cheeseburger that FIT in your caloric range... also, see my competition pics in my album. 18% body fat, down from 24%. I think I've got this moderation thing in the bag. :wink:

ETA: I'm ALL about training dirty and eating clean, but it doesn't have to be completely restrictive 100% of the time. There are healthy alternatives, as has been mentioned in here a ton.
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options

"See my other posts. I'm not arguing for a "clean" diet. I'm also not saying that the food dyes study is true, just that "some people claim" it to be. I'm saying that the young lady (guessing by the picture) who started this thread is getting on people about their "excuses," but ignores all of the other things that are wrong with foods. What's her excuse? To ask why people would eat a burger, but not ask about all these foods that are full of who knows what else is.......bogus. There are things much worse for a body than a burger. I don't understand why go after burgers and not all the other stuff that people pass off as harmless or healthy."
    [/quote]

Can you imagine how many other people would have joined in if I had dared mentioned any other type of food that is considered bad for people.. There are clearly a lot of burger fans and people who would rather state that they like to eat their burgers rather than see the point that only a few seemed to get.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options

6-pac-diet-ratio.jpg

not only that but your also the guy who stalks one of my mpl's.. she showed all of us ur profile, we had a huge disscusion on how wierd you are..... wierdo! COME AT ME!

Is it one of the low carb or paleo peeps that live in a fantasy world and also are quite paranoid?

acg is awesome! Not sure how he is weird? O.o
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options

6-pac-diet-ratio.jpg

I stalked Acg for months before adding him. Nothing wrong with a little stalking.

Also, I think his abs speak for him in regards to carbs not hurting him in the fitness department.
  • liftandcycle
    Options

6-pac-diet-ratio.jpg

unless I missed it, I did not see anyone bash the OP, but merely disagree with her ZERO tolerance of a cheeseburger that FIT in your caloric range... also, see my competition pics in my album. 18% body fat, down from 24%. I think I've got this moderation thing in the bag. :wink:

ETA: I'm ALL about training dirty and eating clean, but it doesn't have to be completely restrictive 100% of the time. There are healthy alternatives, as has been mentioned in here a ton.

not "original poster" but "original post" people are just soo ofended with her point of view... they even created a new thread about cheeseburgers bc they were soo against her point of view... I agree with her point of view and I know what you mean, I eat clean the entire month and once a month I will have a cheat day... I do it to keep myself sane b/c if I eat badly once a week I would freak...
  • Billywoo
    Billywoo Posts: 141 Member
    Options

1) You need food to live, you don't need crack to live. Very different "addiction".
    2) "I'm not gonna eat anything I shouldn't till I get to my goal"-- Good idea. That's like saying a crackhead should go through rehab and then reward themselves with a nice binge on crack ;)
    3) That beer in your picture sure does look tasty.

The beer is why I am fat. Thats my motivational pic. Im not gonna drink until I reach my goal. Just like the burger... lol