If it fits in my daily calories...

Options

Replies

• bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I think it sets a bad example for those starting out. It is one thing to make that decision once you've gotten a hold of what you are doing with your weight loss. But for those who haven't found that happy medium, it gives them the wrong impression. Do what you need to do but I don't think it needs to be bragged about.

I think it actually sets a great example for those starting out, they don't have to give up everything that they love top succeed. I know lots of people who don't want to make a change because they think they will be eating bunny food... so not true. Everything in moderation, even those PMS chocolate pig outs are okay once in a while.
  • athensguy
    athensguy Posts: 550
    Options
    I wonder what the OP has to hide with her hidden diary?

Also, beer is a heart healthy snack!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options

not "original poster" but "original post" people are just soo ofended with her point of view... they even created a new thread about cheeseburgers bc they were soo against her point of view... I agree with her point of view and I know what you mean, I eat clean the entire month and once a month I will have a cheat day... I do it to keep myself sane b/c if I eat badly once a week I would freak...

I think most people just do not see why or where it is OP's place to be offended if others wish to have a "cheat" meal once a week or month, etc.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, it must be nice to be able to afford to eat clean 100% of the time. That's a luxury I don't have. I make minimum wage. I do the best I can, I have learned many little tips for making my dollar go further in terms of quality food, but sometimes if I have to eat 2 dollar cheese burgers or a lean cuisine to keep the lights on, then so be it. You can't judge if you dont know everyone's situations. My broke *kitten* also pirated every beachbody program that I have, so come throw stones at me for that too lol.

^ THIS!

Eating clean really isn't expensive. I feed a family of 5 on $150 or less per week. The majority of what we eat is organic. The caveat is that our food is made from scratch. We don't buy convenience foods. I feed 5 people (I include my 3 month old because I'm breastfeeding and am eating about 3000 calories a day) on $21 a day max. It's not hard to eat organic if you plan your meals, budget and shop appropriately.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I stalked Acg for months before adding him. Nothing wrong with a little stalking.

Also, I think his abs speak for him in regards to carbs not hurting him in the fitness department.

who said anythign about carbs? what? anyways.. Im just sayign what I saw.. apparently he stalks one of my mpls... true or not? idk.. but thats what I heard.

Why don't you tell me who this person is I stalk, you've piqued my curiosity
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    I stalked Acg for months before adding him. Nothing wrong with a little stalking.

Also, I think his abs speak for him in regards to carbs not hurting him in the fitness department.

who said anythign about carbs? what? anyways.. Im just sayign what I saw.. apparently he stalks one of my mpls... true or not? idk.. but thats what I heard.

Comment on the same threads im assuming, not stalking though xD
  • awidener86
    awidener86 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    i agree with the OP 100% who ever doesnt agree is just in denial... lol at the people in denial bashing the OP!

6-pac-diet-ratio.jpg

Ate Ben and Jerry's every night and got super lean, I'm in denial :(

not only that but your also the guy who stalks one of my mpl's.. she showed all of us ur profile, we had a huge disscusion on how wierd you are..... wierdo! COME AT ME!

Is it one of the low carb or paleo peeps that live in a fantasy world and also are quite paranoid?

acg is awesome! Not sure how he is weird? O.o

I agree! acg is awesome! And I also don't see how he is weird? Why because he can eat ben and jerrys every day and still have amazing abs?
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Eating clean really isn't expensive. I feed a family of 5 on $150 or less per week. The majority of what we eat is organic. The caveat is that our food is made from scratch. We don't buy convenience foods. I feed 5 people (I include my 3 month old because I'm breastfeeding and am eating about 3000 calories a day) on $21 a day max. It's not hard to eat organic if you plan your meals, budget and shop appropriately.

Cheap, healthy, convenient - Choose two

Universally true. If you don't have either the time or money then eating "clean" is virtually impossible... I had to make more time in my day to prepare meals that were healthy because they weren't convenient
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I'm only 6 weeks in to my current journey and so far my resolve has been really strong and I've simply not wanted the bad foods I used to pack down, but the time will come when I'm bored of eating only what is good for me when spare calories are available I will spend them how I wish rather than beating myself up if I'm craving something in particular. Occasionally including foods you want rather than denying yourself them completely will prevent a full pelt binge later on I think.
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I wonder what the OP has to hide with her hidden diary?

Also, beer is a heart healthy snack!

keep wondering!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options

BACK OFF ladies. Acg stalks only me... BWHAHHAAHAHAH! (and SergeantSunshine.... because she's so awesome and I don't mind sharing)

*wink*
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

You can stalk me! :love: :happy:
  • dshiplett
    dshiplett Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I agree that it shouldn't be bragged about. And obviously it's okay to want others to eat healthy and take care of themselves, but we can't force them :)

I do agree that little cheats are not bad. For instance: Best little cheat I have are those Dove dark chocolate pieces - 45 calories a pop and oh so decadent! :) I have 1-2 per day to keep my chocolate cravings in check.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    cleaner eating really doesn't cost more, at least in my experience, because I am getting full from the lean protein and buying no snacky foods for the house anymore. If I want chips, I'll buy a fun sized bag once in a blue moon as opposed to the family sized bag I used to buy all of the time for the house.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I agree that it shouldn't be bragged about. And obviously it's okay to want others to eat healthy and take care of themselves, but we can't force them :)

I do agree that little cheats are not bad. For instance: Best little cheat I have are those Dove dark chocolate pieces - 45 calories a pop and oh so decadent! :) I have 1-2 per day to keep my chocolate cravings in check.

Those are SO good! Dark chocolate isn't even a cheat, it's good for you!
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options

not "original poster" but "original post" people are just soo ofended with her point of view... they even created a new thread about cheeseburgers bc they were soo against her point of view... I agree with her point of view and I know what you mean, I eat clean the entire month and once a month I will have a cheat day... I do it to keep myself sane b/c if I eat badly once a week I would freak...

This whole thread stinks of Food Issues. Calling foods "good" and "bad", "cheating", "eating dirty", passing judgment on others... I suggest some serious self reflection and possible conversations with a professional.

Food is food. It's not good or bad. Finding repugnance in the notion that others' efforts are unacceptable because of their food choices, despite their health and fitness achievements, warrants some introspection.

And if you can't muster the testicular fortitude to consider that your opinions may very well be colored by your own issues at least quit spouting off about it in public and making yourselves look like overbearing judgemental blowhards.
  • rainydaze613
    rainydaze613 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I personally do not think a calorie is a calorie. However, it is possible to lose weight eating processed foods, even those with things such as high fructose corn syrup. I have done it in the past, and I have lost weight. The thing is, I had to deprive myself even more that way because I kept going back to those intense and unnatural flavors that I craved. I couldn't pull myself away from them because they are addicting. Eating more natural and organic was a change for me, but personally I have found losing weight to be much easier once you get used to it. Before, I would advise someone losing weight to eat 100-calorie packs. Now, I say go for a tofu stirfry with steamed zucchini and brown rice. I feel better once I get those nutrients in. But, I guess I can see both sides of the spectrum. To each their own.
  • ChristineNicole81
    Options
    I eat what I want, when I want-the key is moderation and frequency. I rarely eat fast food anymore. I do eat subway probably every other week. However, if I want a hamburger, instead of a turkey burger, then I make it at home- Less calories and sodium. If I want frozen yogurt with brown pieces, I eat it. I don't do it every day or even once a week, but when I want something, I go for it or I will fail miserably. I usually allow one cheat day a week where I eat whatever I want - in moderation - and drink alcohol , and thats usually Saturdays. I exercise 4-5 days a week, tons of cardio and some strength. I have lost 36 lbs eating that way and I am happy with my loss. Only four pounds to go for goal of 110.

NOW when you're talking people who do that regularly... yes, that bothers me too, but I can't judge because its NOT MY PLACE!!! Its not my life, not my body, if someone hasn't figured out what keeps them heavy-regardless of exercise, then they aren't ready to really lose the weight in my opinion, but I keep those opinions to myself! :)
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options

Cheap, healthy, convenient - Choose two

Universally true. If you don't have either the time or money then eating "clean" is virtually impossible... I had to make more time in my day to prepare meals that were healthy because they weren't convenient

It doesn't even have to be time set aside every day. There are plenty of working moms who spend a few hours on Sunday afternoons/evenings prepping meals for the rest of the week. Vegetables can be chopped and stored a few days in advance, meals an even be assembled, frozen, and then cooked. Yes, it takes time, but it doesn't have to mean two hours every night cooking dinner. There are ways to make it work. It just takes some thinking and planning, instead of complaining.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    I can't say I agree with the whole "if it's a weekly occurrence it's a problem" thing... I eat out once or twice a week and I have been loosing weight/gaining muscle just fine, and I'm healthy. There's absolutely nothing wrong with indulging yourself, even if you know its not the best thing for you. Moderate indulgence keeps some of us from binging or developing other food disorders.

Yes, it's great if you choose to eat healthy 100% of the time. Good for you! But don't hate on others who choose to have some healthy moderation of the junk. As long as they too are healthy it shouldn't matter to you or anyone else.