If it fits in my daily calories...

Options

Replies

• Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    I want a burger now, Butternut Squash lasagna just ain't gonna cut the mustard.
  • OnWisconsin84
    OnWisconsin84 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    this is how I look at my daily caloric intake.

I. I fill my macros (protein, fats and carbs) from whole food sources when possible, I may have a protein shake from time to time.
    2. If calories remain after macro requirements are met, eat whatever the hell I want but stay within my calorie goals
    3. give zero f***s as to what anyone else does, or what any thinks about what I do.

^^^ Right on. This has been my approach lately too & it's working quite well :drinker:
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I just checked myself thinking about licking the screen . . .
  • rovernio
    rovernio Posts: 157
    Options
    i also eat laods of fast food if it just fits my calories......and i look and feel great :P
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I want a burger now, Butternut Squash lasagna just ain't gonna cut the mustard.

Join the Cheeseburger Tuesday movement: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/549723-cheeseburger-tuesday
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    I don't believe weight loss in itself makes you healthier. I would like to see the cholesterol levels and blood pressure readings of the people losing weight by eating junk food (and I'm talking about daily junk food, not the occasional indulgence). I bet mine is lower even though I weigh more.

Yup.

You could be thin as a rail but have high cholesterol, glucose through the roof and lots of other health issues going on that you're not aware of.

Sure you're losing weight eating junk food but the havoc it's wreaking on your body just isn't worth it.

The science is strong with these ones.
  • Nerdybookgirl
    Nerdybookgirl Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    It helps me to have an actual serving and counting the actual calories. For example, I never "knew" a serving of ice cream is a 1/2 cup and has between 110-320 calories depending on the type. All my life I've eaten cereal bowls with 2 cups worth of ice cream. Having that serving of ice cream -- even every day -- helps me learn portions and calories and keeps me from feeling deprived.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Moar burgers

Double smoked blue cheese juicy lucys topped with more cheese, pancetta and Frank's Buffalo Hot and some roasted brussels

2012-03-08%252018.19.03.jpg
    2012-03-08%252018.20.26.jpg
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Moar burgers

Double smoked blue cheese juicy lucys topped with more cheese, pancetta and Frank's Buffalo Hot and some roasted brussels

Frank's is the only hot sauce...
  • str8bowbabe
    str8bowbabe Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I think it sets a bad example for those starting out. It is one thing to make that decision once you've gotten a hold of what you are doing with your weight loss. But for those who haven't found that happy medium, it gives them the wrong impression. Do what you need to do but I don't think it needs to be bragged about.
    [/quote

Hmmm...weight lose is not something to brag about? Any weight loss is an accomplishment no matter how they did it and if you like how they did it. As for someone setting an example, who made this person the example? If I was just starting out and I am, this would not be the person I would be looking at. Just my opinion but I give them cudos just the same. YELL IT OUT TO THE WHOLE WORLD IF YOU CAN EAT LIKE YOU ARE AND STILL LOSE WEIGHT! With that being said, you would not be my example either simply for the fact that you do not seem the supportive type.
  • tdelo7634
    tdelo7634 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Please point me to said 400 calorie double cheeseburger. Thanks

Me too!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    It bothers me that people care what bother random strangers do with their calories.

BTW whats wrong with a bacon cheeseburger? I make them homemade at home all the time.
    Lean beef, bacon, tomatoes, onions, jalapenos, lettuce, on a toasted bun.... :D
  • Billywoo
    Billywoo Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Im not gonna eat anything I shouldn't till I get to my goal. Dedication will get me results. The cheeseburger isn't going anywhere. You can eat anything you want when your kids dont have to worry about your breathing, etc. If it hurts, that means its addicting. Thats like saying a crackhead should be able to splurge on crack "every once in a while". Most of us are un-healthy. Lets do this. Put the burger down!!!!
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    You know, I am being a role model to my kids and teaching them things I never learned. My 4 year old will have a morning snack for example that is not clean or healthy - maybe a pop tart, for his afternoon snack he will ask for hummus and veggies or fruit or something along those lines because he had a sometimes food earlier. He already knows what has taken me 35 years to understand and act on. I can still have empty calorie foods. I can still have sugar. I can still have ...(whatever 'bad' thing you want to say).. because I am doing it in moderation. I am eating my fruits, veggies, lean proteins. There are things that I really really like, and I make sure to work them or something suitable similar to them into my regular food rotation. I am learning to balance what I want and what I need. I am teaching my children the same. I don't have any problem telling someone I had an 1800 calorie Chinese buffett experience in a week that I lost weight. I balanced that day the best I could and the days around it. I didn't and still don't feel guilty about it. I also am not going to harp on what other people eat. A cheeseburger is not going to be what keeps someone from losing for a week, neither will a taco or a pop-tart. Besides, a cheeseburger can be very healthy, so can a taco. I have no defense for pop-tarts though :laugh: . It took me several months, even here to realize that. I tried the must eat clean 1200 calories a day. I felt like crap, my attitude sucked. Now I net about 1400 a day (usually with about 2300 calorie intake), I feel good, and I make sure that I have foods I like. I am happy, and the weight is coming off now and my body is changing even quicker. So, deprive yourself of your 400 calorie cheeseburger if you want, I will eat it for you and continue on my happy way.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Fit this among many other burgers into my cals

Double brie stuffed jucy lucys topped with more brie and pancetta

2012-01-10%25252018.11.37.jpg
    2012-01-10%25252018.12.25.jpg

Bump to get another look at that beautiful burger...

I suspect I am the only one who feels like puking at that burger. :sick:
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    hmm, I just have to wonder, how exactly does what other people are doing affect you and your journey? You should see my diary and then my progress pictures. You would be amazed at the transformation I made eating what I've eaten.
    this....it's actually none of your business what other people put in their bodies sweetheart!
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    The question that comes to mind is Why would they eat it if they really knew how bad it was for their health?
    I mean moderation is key. I don't know you or your lifestyles and I don't look at peoples food journals and judge them either.
    Everyone has a reason behind why they ate what they ate. That is fine.. Just don't let the "excuses" get the best of you. We are all here for the same or similar reason(or at least that's what I thought).

The thing is in moderation it isn't bad for health luv also you can off put most of the bad part of it if you balance it properly with other good foods and exercise too.
  • sjkcarter
    sjkcarter Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    If you reach in front of me and try to take away the cupcake I ate last night, or the wine I have most nights, or the chocolate i refuse to give up, or the ice cream that I like to indulge in, or the chicken strips that I inevitabley have once a week, or my burger and fries Fridays I will rip off your arm and beat you with the bloody stump . . . I protect these things like family.

PS - I have been very successful.

^^^This. I have a cheat meal once or twice a week, and I am doing fine.
  • MaryPhillips90
    MaryPhillips90 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Is there not anything better to do than argue on a forum?
    To each their own. Get over it.
  • Kanohane
    Kanohane Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    If you reach in front of me and try to take away the cupcake I ate last night, or the wine I have most nights, or the chocolate i refuse to give up, or the ice cream that I like to indulge in, or the chicken strips that I inevitabley have once a week, or my burger and fries Fridays I will rip off your arm and beat you with the bloody stump . . . I protect these things like family.

PS - I have been very successful.
    Lol