If it fits in my daily calories...

Options
Not sure why this bothers me but it every time I read someone posting something about how that 400 calorie Double Cheeseburger or Bucket of fried food fits into my daily calories, so I'm going to eat it!!. It is one thing if it's a special occasion but if this is a daily or weekly occurrence, you are only lying to yourself and making it that much harder to get to that goal you've been reaching for. Calories aren't the enemy, it is what those calories are made up with that count.

Replies

• SanyamKaushik
    SanyamKaushik Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Bingo,
    Once in a while its ok otherwise limiting the calories and having highly processed foods within the calorie limit means body is not getting enough essential nutrients.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    It bothers me too. I do believe you can lose weight eating junk as long as you eat little enough of it, but it really drives me crazy when people don't care about their health. How can you not care about your own health or that of your family?
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Please point me to said 400 calorie double cheeseburger. Thanks
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    If you reach in front of me and try to take away the cupcake I ate last night, or the wine I have most nights, or the chocolate i refuse to give up, or the ice cream that I like to indulge in, or the chicken strips that I inevitabley have once a week, or my burger and fries Fridays I will rip off your arm and beat you with the bloody stump . . . I protect these things like family.

PS - I have been very successful.
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I you try to take away the cupcake I ate last night, or the wine I have most nights, or the chocolate i refuse to give up, or the ice cream that I like to indulge in, or the chicken strips that I inevitabley have once a week, or my burger and fries Fridays I will rip off your arm and beat you with the bloody stump . . . I protect these things like family.

Congrats on your success. You must have found a great balance between your diet and your exercise.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    hmm, I just have to wonder, how exactly does what other people are doing affect you and your journey? You should see my diary and then my progress pictures. You would be amazed at the transformation I made eating what I've eaten.
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    Not sure why this bothers me

I think this is the most important part of what you said. You really need to figure out why this bothers you, because it shouldn't.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I you try to take away the cupcake I ate last night, or the wine I have most nights, or the chocolate i refuse to give up, or the ice cream that I like to indulge in, or the chicken strips that I inevitabley have once a week, or my burger and fries Fridays I will rip off your arm and beat you with the bloody stump . . . I protect these things like family.

Congrats on your success. You must have found a great balance between your diet and your exercise.

And that's what matters. It's not about if a person has the double cheese burger if it's on your "must have" list, it's about how they accomodate their must haves to ensure that they're also meeting their body's needs.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I have a 90/10 rule, for myself and kids. 90% is clean wholesome foods, 10% is for indulgences. With that said that is what I prefer. As for others they have to do what they prefer. I'm willing to bet most people on this site are making way better choices and are healthier for it than before starting their journey. I know even though I'm not perfect (and no one is) but I know I'm extremely healthier than I was 4 years ago.
  • Fourmenandalady28
    Options
    d

LOL!
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I've been making it very hard to reach my goal apparently, by eating foods I enjoy so long as they fit in my calories.

You must hate me. I however, could care less what you do. Cheers! :drinker:
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options

**waits**
  • littlebeans
    littlebeans Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You don't need to give up everything to lose weight, or adopt a completely "healthy foods only" diet, so I don't see what the problem is honestly. I also don't think it is as "unhealthy" as you are claiming it do be. If these hypothetical people are eating nothing but a cheeseburger and fries for every single meal then maybe can we begin to claim they are lacking nutrients and hurting their health in some way, but I doubt this is the case with anyone on here. But fitting a cheeseburger or fries into an already well planned balanced day? I say that sounds normal and frankly, healthy!
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I think it sets a bad example for those starting out. It is one thing to make that decision once you've gotten a hold of what you are doing with your weight loss. But for those who haven't found that happy medium, it gives them the wrong impression. Do what you need to do but I don't think it needs to be bragged about.
  • AntShanny
    AntShanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    If it fits in my calories for the day then that is really all that matters...we're only here (on Earth) for a short time and I plan on enjoying it as much as I can. And to me enjoying it means cupcakes, ice cream, M&M's, a double cheeseburge if the urge hits. Yes I want to lose weight, I've lost 7pounds in 2 months and plan on losing more...but I'm not going to be one of those hungry miserable people whose lives revolve around not eating certain things...
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I've been making it very hard to reach my goal apparently, by eating foods I enjoy so long as they fit in my calories.

You must hate me. I however, could care less what you do. Cheers! :drinker:

I love you :heart:
  • andreanicole686
    andreanicole686 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I think it may bother you because your trying to get healthy and you want others to do the same. I don't think it's horrible if someone goes out and has a crave meal or cheat day but I personally feel better when I eat healthy foods. I still have chocolate every day I just make sure it's not super junky or high in calories. And I also usually have a cheat meal or crave day once a week but I've never been a fan of a lot of fast food.
  • KPainter70
    KPainter70 Posts: 152
    Options
    Who cares what anyone else eats? The only person anyone needs to be concerned with is themselves.
  • andreanicole686
    andreanicole686 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I think it sets a bad example for those starting out. It is one thing to make that decision once you've gotten a hold of what you are doing with your weight loss. But for those who haven't found that happy medium, it gives them the wrong impression. Do what you need to do but I don't think it needs to be bragged about.
    I agree!
  • littlebeans
    littlebeans Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    eating a burger and fries if you like it and still staying on track: normal.

end of story.