If it fits in my daily calories...

Options
1202122232426»

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    I agree, which is exactly why I've taken a break from calorie counting to focus on intuitive eating and healthy eating. I was getting to the point where if I had calories left over I would be like HELL YEAH I CAN HAVE SOME COOKIES which completely defeated the purpose. Focusing in on quality rather than quantity has been really good for me. I may go back to counting, or I may not. Depends on how fast these last few pounds come off.

I'm always sad for people who are like "Had fried chicken, so I can't eat anything else for the day." That's missing the point. If you're eating healthy foods, staying in your caloric range is really easy.
    I'm sad for people who feel that they can't eat foods that they love, but are stuck thinking that "healthy eating" will get them healthy and is the only way to lose weight. For REAL.

A.C.E. Certified Personal & Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I f you tell me I shouldn't drink the 10-20 ounces of wine a night that I very often do, I will beat you with my empty wine bottle.
  • love2cycle
    love2cycle Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I just had spaghetti and garlic toast. YUM! It was in my food budget, too!
  • HardcorePork
    HardcorePork Posts: 109 Member
    Options

or you can just add in extra time at the gym to account for it and still have all of the calories you are used to having for the rest of the day.

Sometimes, but you really can't out-train a bad diet...
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options

or you can just add in extra time at the gym to account for it and still have all of the calories you are used to having for the rest of the day.

Sometimes, but you really can't out-train a bad diet...

one's diet is only bad -- assuming proper nutrient needs are being met -- if you have too many calories to either maintain or lose. otherwise, it's just eating food.
  • HardcorePork
    HardcorePork Posts: 109 Member
    Options

one's diet is only bad -- assuming proper nutrient needs are being met -- if you have too many calories to either maintain or lose. otherwise, it's just eating food.

I never suggested otherwise.