Cheeseburger Tuesday

Options

Replies

• Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    2 8oz burgers stuffed with cream cheese and jalapenos, topped with cheddar and bacon on onion rolls

2012-06-05%252018.17.45.jpg
    2012-06-05%252018.23.54.jpg

That looks amazing! Can you post the recipe for this? I'd like to try to make these this weekend (got a party of people coming).
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    That looks amazing! Can you post the recipe for this? I'd like to try to make these this weekend (got a party of people coming).

Cook bacon to desired doneness and set aside, reserve bacon fat in pan.

portion out your ground beef (I did 8oz portions) and roll into to loose balls, then divide each one in half

Loosely form a patty with one of the halves of the portioned out beef, make a small indentation in the middle

press in cream cheese and then diced jalapenos

loosely form another patty with the other half of the beef and press on top of the already formed and stuffed patty. seal the edges so no cheese gets out while cooking

on med/high cook the burgers in the reserved bacon fat (took me about 4.5 min a side for 8oz patties)

after you flip it once, top with cheddar and let melt

serve with more diced jalapenos, bacon and buns. you could make a sriracha sour cream/mayo to go with it as well, although the cream cheese tempers the heat enough
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options

portion out your ground beef (I did 8oz portions) and roll into to loose balls, then divide each one in half

Loosely form a patty with one of the halves of the portioned out beef, make a small indentation in the middle

loosely form another patty with the other half of the beef and press on top of the already formed and stuffed patty. seal the edges so no cheese gets out while cooking

on med/high cook the burgers in the reserved bacon fat (took me about 4.5 min a side for 8oz patties)

serve with more diced jalapenos, bacon and buns. you could make a sriracha sour cream/mayo to go with it as well, although the cream cheese tempers the heat enough

Thanks! :)
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options

So... what do I have to do to get you to cook for me? Name your price.
  • docdick9120
    docdick9120 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Everybody knows that Friday is always Pancake Friday! And it comes two days after Waffle Wednesday.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Two tasty turkey burgers and an ear of corn.

This will also be Thursday's dinner. I repeat meals.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    it's election night here for local stuff. so that means it is also pizza night. here's hoping they order cheeseburger pizza ...
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    sure enough ... bacon cheeseburger pizza!

(hamburger, bacon, onions, pickles, cheddar cheese)
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options
    Friendly bump to remind everyone that it's Cheeseburger Tuesday!
  • atomiclauren
    atomiclauren Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I had to get mine in over the weekend - this is from a Peruvian restaurant (hey, good reviews on the burgers!) with sides of platanos maduros and yuca fries that didn't make it in to the picture:

kingchickenburger.jpg
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Yum, Lauren!
  • Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    too bad i am already planning to have fish for dinner. sounds delicious though mmmm
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    I'm going with a burger with pepper jack, guac, lettuce, grilled peppers and mushrooms, tomatoes, and pickles for tonight's dinner. I can't wait!!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options
    Five Guys little bacon cheeseburger with lettuce, pickle, tomato, mayo, and ketchup with a side of fries. NOMS!
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    You know, I've had Five Guys once, and I wasn't that impressed. *ducks*
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options
    You know, I've had Five Guys once, and I wasn't that impressed. *ducks*

If I didn't like you so much, this would be grounds for defriending.... :wink:
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

Bump to remember this. Looks orgasmic.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Pancetta and smoked blue cheese "Big Mac"

2012-06-12%252018.15.25.jpg
    2012-06-12%252018.16.36.jpg
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options
    ^ beautiful as always! I always look forward to your Cheeseburger Tuesday contributions. :)
  • emmy3111
    emmy3111 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Didn't really plan on it, but ended up taking part in "Cheeseburger Tuesday" after all :)

DS1 picked A&W as his birthday meal... so I had a Mama Burger - and it was nummy.